Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Ezynell

First time drawing with photoshop, I was trying to make Ice (Icy Baronstar)

Posted Image

I messed up the first time on his mane, and didn't notice it until after I saved it as a .PNG

Posted Image

So I had to take the Image back into Photoshop and draw over it :P

Posted Image

Any Insight? Whaddo you guys think?

Edited by Ice

This is pretty awesome, for your first drawing... Well done ;)

WOW AMAZING!!!!!!! so awesome for first time drawing AWESOME!!!!! :D

Looks awesome for a first picture ^^

It looks amazing. Especially that "like a boss" up top. Keep up the good work.

Haha, thanks for all the positive feedback guys! I'll definitely continue and try to learn how to use photoshop better. Who knows, one day I might get as good as Fluttershy and start taking sig and avatar requests!

• Brohoof 1

Very nice, especially for a first attempt. Keep practicing and you'll be putting out some professional looking stuff 'Like a baws.'

I personally can't draw worth anything on my computer. My tablet disagrees with me, so I just stick to pretty much anything other than drawing. XP

Haha, thanks for all the positive feedback guys! I'll definitely continue and try to learn how to use photoshop better. Who knows, one day I might get as good as Fluttershy and start taking sig and avatar requests!

I'm not that good, you know. If you want to go ahead and work requests, I can let you take some of them off of my hands. And I'll even help you out on anything you want to know. (Maybe even make one of those 'Speed Work' videos you asked for.)

• Brohoof 1

Good job! I'm no good at drawing solid lines like that. I have to sketch or vector to make anything decent.

Here's a few helpful guides I found on how to draw ponies. Might help you with different poses.

post-37-0-58546200-1321296271_thumb.jpgpost-37-0-07516500-1321296325_thumb.jpg

Edited by Apple Bloom
  • Brohoof 2

Very nice, especially for a first attempt. Keep practicing and you'll be putting out some professional looking stuff 'Like a baws.'

I personally can't draw worth anything on my computer. My tablet disagrees with me, so I just stick to pretty much anything other than drawing. XP

I'm not that good, you know. If you want to go ahead and work requests, I can let you take some of them off of my hands. And I'll even help you out on anything you want to know. (Maybe even make one of those 'Speed Work' videos you asked for.)

That's great, thank you! The biggest two questions that I have about your work are first off, how you made Apple Bloom's and your signature, with a Apple Bloom trotting across the screen and with "Best Pony" lighting up. Is it a .GIF? How'd you make it? also how you do your texts, glow, and transparency. I'm not sure if those are options in Photoshop (well, I know transparency is, but not sure where). Just a side note, I really like the signature you made for Slictz, not sure how you made that either.

Like you, I'm much better on paper then on the computer, I'ts just I'm 15 and a Sophomore in High School, so a tablet like http://www.wacom.com/en/Products/Cintiq.aspx will be too large of an investment for some pony who still gets $5 allowance a week for doing chores -.- What i do have is alot of free time. That helps.

And on a final note, I like how you post everything you post in Pink. I can always see if you've posted when i'm scrolling through the forum. So i'm gonna do the same thing with blue ^_^.

Good job! I'm no good at drawing solid lines like that. I have to sketch or vector to make anything decent.

Here's a few helpful guides I found on how to draw ponies. Might help you with different poses.

OHMYGOSH *Saves to computer*

That's great, thank you! The biggest two questions that I have about your work are first off, how you made Apple Bloom's and your signature, with a Apple Bloom trotting across the screen and with "Best Pony" lighting up. Is it a .GIF? How'd you make it? also how you do your texts, glow, and transparency. I'm not sure if those are options in Photoshop (well, I know transparency is, but not sure where). Just a side note, I really like the signature you made for Slictz, not sure how you made that either.

Like you, I'm much better on paper then on the computer, I'ts just I'm 15 and a Sophomore in High School, so a tablet like http://www.wacom.com...cts/Cintiq.aspx will be too large of an investment for some pony who still gets $5 allowance a week for doing chores -.- What i do have is alot of free time. That helps.

And on a final note, I like how you post everything you post in Pink. I can always see if you've posted when i'm scrolling through the forum. So i'm gonna do the same thing with blue ^_^.

OHMYGOSH *Saves to computer*

Well, the animations are indeed GIF's. I animate them in Photoshop CS5. The Apple Bloom animation was actually made using borrowed pictures from the Desktop Ponies application.

I'll send you a PM in a little bit with basic instructions on how to animate as well as how to add effects to things such as text.

I don't really use my tablet very often, but this one is pretty good and under $200. I know it's still expensive, but maybe you could swing it (or a slightly better one) by your parents as an idea for a Christmas gift or something. I wouldn't get a tablet, though, unless you're very into Graphic Design, as it really has no other purpose.

I'm glad somepony likes that I post in pink. I don't really do it to be recognized, though; it's just kind of something I carried over from the Wii U forums. It was 'my thing' over there... Well, sort of. I mean, I think Jonke does it too. XD

Well, the animations are indeed GIF's. I animate them in Photoshop CS5. The Apple Bloom animation was actually made using borrowed pictures from the Desktop Ponies application.

I'll send you a PM in a little bit with basic instructions on how to animate as well as how to add effects to things such as text.

I don't really use my tablet very often, but this one is pretty good and under $200. I know it's still expensive, but maybe you could swing it (or a slightly better one) by your parents as an idea for a Christmas gift or something. I wouldn't get a tablet, though, unless you're very into Graphic Design, as it really has no other purpose.

I'm glad somepony likes that I post in pink. I don't really do it to be recognized, though; it's just kind of something I carried over from the Wii U forums. It was 'my thing' over there... Well, sort of. I mean, I think Jonke does it too. XD

Something else I forgot to ask, How do you crop everything so smoothly? The magnetic Lasso seems very rigid when I use it. Also, I will cancel my request for an Avatar from you (I kind of have a personal connection to the one I made myself) but I'm still keeping the signature :3, your quite good at those.

It looks amazing. Especially that "like a boss" up top. Keep up the good work.

Looks awesome for a first picture ^^

This is pretty awesome, for your first drawing... Well done ;)

WOW AMAZING!!!!!!! so awesome for first time drawing AWESOME!!!!! :D

I really like it, it is very nice! Especially for your first time with photoshop!

Thank you all for your positive feedback, I took it in mind, and used Fluttershy's advice to make a .GIF for my avatar. Whaddo you guys think?

Posted Image