Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Forgotten legend

Fallen Valkyrie

Radiant nodded at the two "alright that leaves us three. Caliber if you feel the need to protect your friend feel free to stay, it is understandable. I also don't care if you don't want to risk yourself with the unknown Tyra, I will not force any pony to do something they are uncomfortable doing" Radiant suggested turning around and begun walking north "Otherwise let's head out and see what we can find, stay vigilant." 

Radiant walked out of town into the flurry of snow, soon he was barely visible through the snow.

Tyra's smirked practically oozed pride, happy that her idea was a good one.

She gave Radiant a confused blink at his statement. Why would she not want to risk herself? Did he think she was scared.

With a snort, she trotted after Radiant, catching up to him on the road.

"A Shatterhoof is never afraid to risk herself with the unknown," she declared proudly, smirking into the snowstorm, "let us see where this road leads us!"

Radiant looked back at the smug mare, quickly returning his view forward. "Alright just giving the option, I usually go on this type of mission alone because of my survivability," he said looking back at her again "you know, to go in and judge the threat. Although usually I'll deal with then and there."

"I'll go, too." Caliber said, as he, too walked beside tyra. "Y'all could use my skill, and fire, should we meet something brute strength won't kill." He sheathed his sword, and followed radiant into the mountain. 'That, and I want a challenge.' He thought, 'I have a feeling that is just what we'll find...'

Radiant continued walking into the storm with the other two close behind him. As they trudged through the snow the ground shook under their hooves for a second. The tremor quickly passed "not sure how I feel about that" he said looking back at the two.

Tyra froze for a second, feeling the tremor herself, and looking around as it passed as abruptly as it came.

She lowered herself toward the ground, cocking her head to the side.

"Perhaps there is a creature beneath us," she suggested, ears flicking to listen, "large moles, maybe? Or...diamond dogs?" A smirk crept across her face.

Blizzard started to feel better, "Thanks Icarus! I feel a whole lot better! Now keep your guard up, enemies could be anywhere! So, uh by the way, I wasn't proper before. I'm Ice Blizzard, but you can call me Blizz. I'm an earth pony with Ice powers. What's your story?"

Radiant hardly reacted to the tremor aND watch the trees around them. When he saw a large amount of snow fall off of several trees to their right. "This way, whatever it is it's close to the surface and moving to the northwest!" He shouted galloping in the direction of the shaken trees.

The doctor tilted his head slightly at blizzard. " I haven't even touched your leg yet......if you are unable to feel pain currently, then that is a sign of nerve damage or intense cold.....both of witch are likely" the masked pony responded.

"Now let us take shelter so I may get a good look at your leg" Icarus reported. He heard the ponies question, and pondered it for a second. " I am a doctor from the town of Stalliongrad, and one of the best practitioners of advance healing spells in the north" Icarus said. He had a long and complex history, but it was nothing this pony needed to hear. He had just met these ponies, there was no reason to go telling his secrets just yet.

Blizzard was grateful, "I meant by you being here to help me, I'm starting to feel better inside." Blizzard replied to Icarus' backstory, "Wow, interesting. Did you keep track; how many lives have you saved? And if you don't mind me asking, why are you here exactly?"

"Ah. No, I have no idea, but I know I have helped many. Including refugees from this very town and road. As to why I am here, I have been following this trail of refugees providing aid and care for those that need it. It has simply led me to this town to resupply and rest" He said, adjusting his mask slightly. As they walked, his grey eyes looked over Blizzards wound.

(edited)

As our three heroes gallop in a way of strange trees,they gallop but creature was fester.But line of trees was coming to the end and at lest tree they suround this creature.And as they got ready to atack it,Tybalr jumped out from it "Whay do you chase my,im with you?" He than looked around "You lost Blizzard AGAIN?!And i see ur new friend made second choose about joining ur group." He pulled map from his bag "Place we need to het is lile bit west from here.So would you like to start walking?'

Edited by Primordus

Tyra galloped after Radiant toward the trees, and the trio quickly cornered the beast. Just as they prepared an attack, Tybalt appeared from it and berated them for chasing him and not having Blizzard.

After an agitated snort, she responded, "We were supposed to meet you at the gate, were we not? Why were you here and not there? And we did not lose Blizzard, he stayed behind with our new companion to guard the town." She stomped a hoof in the snow, punctuating the fact.

Tybalt looked at Tyra "Uh...about that..didnt you found my message i lefted  it on dore for you.." And as he finished this storm started to pick up like never before,wind was so strong it movede Tybalt couple of steps back."We got company of Ice Elementals again!To your arms my friends!" He started to make his wepons like lest time,and again shild and bow appeared "Friends when you see one atack it,i dont see annything in this storm!"

Radiant looked around attempting to see anything throw this snow. As he attempted to look through the wall of snow he barely caught the glimpse of an icicle flying toward him. Before he could dodge in time the icicle caught his leg creating a gash. Radiant hardly winced at the pain and cast his magical armor which quickly enveloped him. "Their using the snow as cover to attack with ice projectiles!" Radiant exclaimed as he tried to find the elementals but still couldn't see anything.

Radiant stepped back to the group "everyone get down, i'm going to give us a brief window of sight." Radiant commanded, as every pony ducked down he stepped over them. His horn glowing gold his armor began to fluctuate wildly. The armor detonated and the force-wave pushed back the falling snow just for a few seconds revealing all the ice elementals that were surrounding them with fifteen feet of them all.

Radiant felt incredibly light headed and let himself fall over to get off of the other ponies. He took a deep breath as he lied there reactivating his armor and slowly standing up.

Tyra narrowly avoided the icicle spear hurtling toward the group, swiftly gripping her axe between her teeth.

Thanks to the magical light provided by Radiant, she caught a glimpse of a large number of elementals surrounding them. A smirk crept onto her face; plenty of opponents.

Yelling a battle cry, she leapt into action, slicing and cutting through every creature that got in her sight. Slicing them in half, decapitating them, dismembering them; anything she could to put them down.

Blizzard was glad to meet somepony new, but was worried, "No no no! I knew I shouldn't have let them go on their own. They need me!" Unfortunately, Blizzard noticed the storm picking up, "Hey Icarus, I think we should go back to the tavern, take shelter, and defend the town from there. I mean I love a good snowstorm, but too much wind will carry you away! Whaddya say?"

Radiant composed himself shaking his head. He still felt dizzy so he didn't want to count on hoof to ice combat and keeping his armor up wasn't helping him. He dispelled his armor and took out two swords out of his bag. Radiant manifested the blades from the hilts and walked into the flurry of snow to find the elementals in his direction.

As he walked into the flurry of snow he saw an icy arm Swinging it him. He cut at with his sword remaining unharmed and swung his othersword cutting through the elemental. He continued this process on the remaining elementals on his side.

Blizzard noticed his partner was a quiet one, "Ok, I'm getting us outta here, hold on Icarus, you may feel a chill down your back!" Blizzard then teleported himself and Icarus back to town to get out of the storm, "Ok find a place to take cover! I'm gonna plant more ice charges around the town to keep it safe!"

Tybalt didnt start battle until he seen Radiant was all right.And onces Radiant standed up smile appeared on his face and battle flame in his eyes .He turned to ice elementals in front of him "You know how cookie crumbles my Friend ?No?Ok il show you." And with laugh he desapired.Couple moments later one Elemental started to fall in pieces on ground,and Tybalt reapered on his back "See nothing complicated,onli cookies fall litle harder." He then turned his look to next Elemental "You want to see a magic trick..." he again laugh and jumped on him...

Tyra was totally lost in the heat of battle, hacking and slashing through every beast that wasn't her companion. One by one they fell before her, with her axe slicing and cutting right through them like a hot knife through butter.

"These beasts are nothing!" She yelled, headbutting an elemental into another behind it, "Each one of you monsters shall melt by our fiery fury!"

No more elementals before her moved from the ground, so she returned to her companions to assist, mainly the injured Radiant.

(edited)

Radiant continued slicing every element he came across with his golden swords flashing through the snow wall. As he cut down the final element in front of him 4 more walked up out of the wall of snow thrusting their sharp arms at Radiant as his swords were still in the freshly fallen elemental.

Radiant saw the attacks coming and quickly cast his magical armor his fur glowing gold. The arms contacted the armor shattering on impact. Using his armor without fully recovering after detonating the armor, as well as he was still bleeding Radiant became even more light headed. He grab his weapons and managed to cut down two elementals missing the other two behind him.

Edited by Chip Circuit

(edited)

As the other two elementals get ready to atack Radiant,they started to melt down,they did finished there swing before they become water.Suddenly our heroes fill the warm air in this cold,cold north.As the lest elemental melted down storm started to slow down,not much but it was beter than before,and with it slowing down our heroes  vision incrised.They could see from where that warm air was coming from.It comed from circle shape portal just sitting there in middle of air,portal was relatively bigger than our heroes,and it was covered in flames,and lava.Lava was dripping on snow and it made holes in this grayish snow.And as Tybalt seen this he quick puled notepad from his bag,he stareted to go tru it and started to speek to him self "Fire storm...no.Meteor flame..no.Demon portal..."He looked at this misterius portal "....no.Flame legion?" He than quickly return notepad in his bag and turned around to our heroes "If Radiant cant fight take him to town.But if he can go there" He pointed west "We got some information that there will be refugis passing by shortly." He than turn in way of a town "I need to consulate with my superiors about this portal.I think il meet you back in city when you bringe refugis." He than started galloping and shortly disappeared from vision of our heroes.

Edited by Primordus

Tyra blinked as the ice and snow around them began to melt, and the snowstorm was calming.

"This is indeed mysterious," she muttered, glancing all around her, and then her head lowered as she broke into a cold sweat, "did it suddenly get warmer, or is it just I?"

With her scruffy coat, Tyra was built perfectly for cold weather, but warm weather? Not so much. She returned her axe to its harness and began fanning herself with her hoof.

She listened to Tybalt's orders and followed his hoof's point, before nodding.

"R-right," she panted, trotting over to Radiant to inspect him, "are you well, friend? Can you walk?"

(edited)

Radiant looked the portal keeping his weapons drawn dispelling his armor so he could begin to recover from detonating his armor.

Tyra trotted up to him asking if he was alright. He looked down at the wound and back up at her with a grin on his face. "I'm if e as if this little scratch could stop me, it's really just detonating my armor that's got me worn down." He stated looking toward the direction of their new destination "we should get moving then if Tybalt thinks we can't do anything about this portal."

Radiant begun slightly limping toward their destination with his wound still seeping leaving a drop of blood in the snow every few feet.

Edited by Chip Circuit