Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Forgotten legend

Fallen Valkyrie

"Well this just sucks." Ice muttered under his breath as he walked into the tent to take a seat. Once there, he sat down in the most casual way possible with his hooves behind his head. "Pff, elephant? She's nowhere near that fat." He knew what the expression meant, but he just wanted to make a small joke. However, now the fact that Scarlet was here made him think: What were they going to do with her?

• Brohoof 1

Radiant glanced at Scarlet and then looked to Tybalt. "I took her prisoner so we may be able to get information from her about what this all was for, perhaps future troop movement and any future threats she set in place." He replied quickly looking back to Celestia. "Currently I have her magic blocked and the decision is up to you princess, whether we hold her and place her in a secure area once we can or Tybalt can take her since they may have more... persuasive methods of getting information."

Evryone was on the edge, no one was in a mood for a joke. And so after told some kaid of a joke Tybalt, and even the Celestia, looked at the Blizzard with a look thet was saying be quait. But quickly after Radiant started to speak all eyes were on him onces again.

"Good decision Captain." Celestia said and looked at the Tybalt "Take her away, we will deal with her later." Tybalt noded and quickly moved true the tent and tok the Scarlet with him. Unlike Radiant, Tybalt was leading Scarlet on hooves next to him, and lest thing they seen of her, Scarlet was asking Tybalt some questions but he did not answer to the aingle one of em.

After they left Celestia looked at what three of our heroes thet were in her tent and said "Scarlet is gone, Order is going back into the shadow, and what are you planing to do now?"

Radiant looked at the exit of the tent in the direction of Canterlot before looking back at Celestia. "As you know Princess I am under your command, I fully intend to assist in rebuilding Canterlot and guarding over you as I've always done." He said looking back to Tyra and Ice before turning his attention back to Celestia and bowing his head. "I also take full responsibility for what transpired, I was in command and allowed this to happen. I awake whatever punishment you deem worthy."

Tyra blinked with surprise at hearing Radiant so willing to be punished for something that wasn't his fault. He never wanted Canterlot to be destroyed!

She quickly put on a determined scowl, and took a step forward to stand by the captain's side. "If you are to punish an innocent pony, then you may as well punish me as well."

Radiant glanced to Tyra. "Stand down Tyra, I am not innocent. It is my sworn duty to protect Canterlot and all its residents." He said looking forward again with his head still bowed. "I have failed in my responsibilities, who knows how many ponies were lost and now Canterlot lies in ruin thanks to my failure to access the situation and stop Scarlet before it all got out of hand."

"Nay," Tyra argued, not backing down an inch from Radiant, "none of us were to know what this witch was planning, or what she would do with it!"

She puffed out her chest. "I will not allow you to take all of the blame. I have failed just as much as you have! Maybe even more!"

"You are right, it is not onli your falt Captain. And so I will be forced to punish both of you" Princess Celestia started with smaile on her face "You'r punishment will be to assist us in rebuilding Canterlot. This is going to be a hard punishment so go rest until we free Cantherlot from Scarlet forcess, thet is an order."

Ice couldn't stand letting his friends take the punishment by themselves, and stepped forward. "Hey. Hey, hey, hey. If we win as a team, we lose as a team--I'll help out with that too. It's the least that we could do after the mistakes we made. But that don't mean we can't make things, right."

Ticktock watched as Tybalt lead Scarlett way and began contemplating what was going to happen to his allies "You know Ticktock they're probably going to prison or get a death sentence or something" Ticktock bluntly nodded "Yep i think that's likely... so my disembodied, diabolik amigo, do you have any idea where my tower went after i made it teleport away?" "Meh, somewhere in that general dirrection." "You know, Dark i can't see where your pointing." "Well just walk in the dirrecting of poniville and keep going, you'll find it eventually." "Dark my friend what an amazing help you are to me" 

Radiant rose his head to look at Celestia, slightly confused. "Princess I must protest, it isn't a punishment but a confirmation of my already expected duties." He argued slightly but could see the look on Celestia's face and that she had no intention of actually punishing him. HE let out a short sigh. "Alright princess, I will serve you however you see fit."

Tyra puffed out her chest and smiled at Celestia's 'punishment'. The least she could do was help repair the city.

"I would be honoured!" She declared, putting her right hoof over her heart and bowing her head. "You can be sure we will be there to help everypony!"

"Allright litle onces." Celestia started with soft voice, and same smaile as before "If thet would be all I need to finish up some paper work so if you would excuse me." She said and walked closer to the table and started to look true some papers on her table.

• 2 weeks later...

Radiant let out a slight sigh feeling as though the punishment wasn't really something outside of his duties which he would of already carried out.

Reluctantly he nodded to Celestia and turned around to leave her tent. "Come on you two, we should leave Princess Celestia to her work." He said before leaving the tent.

Tyra bowed her head to Celestia and followed Radiant out of the tent. "I am glad she showed such mercy on us," she sighed in relief, "and we have a chance to make up for the destruction of Canterlot and help in rebuilding it!"

She grinned up at Radiant. "We have a chance to do right by the citizens!"

Radiant's head hung lower then usual compared to his usual straight posture. "There is no coming back from this for me, I let the ponies of Canterlot down. I'm supposed to be the symbol of safety and protection for ponies. Yet Canterlot lies in ruin even though I was aboard the ship." He said filled with guilt. "The streets were filled with invasion forces because I was not here to help repel them."

"Do not speak so lowly of yourself!" Tyra demanded, stamping in front of Radiant and raising her head to scowl up at him. "You were given orders to take down the witch, and you did just that! You led us to victory!"

Her scowl softened a bit. "Of course, it caused some damage, but nopony was hurt. And we can assist in rebuilding the city!"

Radiant sighed as he rose his head looking toward the city. "While we did manage to take down scarlet we failed to thwart her plans." He said looking back to Tyra. "You preformed admirably Tyra, unfortunately I should take my leave... I must go address all of the canter lot guards spread through out the outposts so I can take a platoon into canter lot to do a final sweep."

And with that the captain begun walking trough the outpost.

Ice watched as Radiant left, and took a deep breath. Finally, it was over. Well, for the most part. There was still a city that needed to be fixed, but they finally managed to overcome these odds. It was pretty refreshing. "Well this went pretty good, didn't it?"

Tictock had been deep in thought so he hadn't noticed Radiant or the others come out "...You guy's aren't dead?! Well i'd be lying if I said that I wasn't surprised, I thought for sure you'd all be dead in fact so did Dark we even made a little bet oh how you'd die but it looks like you evidently didn't so... this whole thing is just awkward now."

• 2 weeks later...

Tyra, however, was looking much more optimistic. Possibly the most of the group.

"Rebuilding the city can be our chance to rally everypony together!" She pointed out, beaming ear to ear as always. "We have thwarted the witch, albeit at a cost, but nopony has been hurt! Cities can be rebuilt much easier than lives, yes?"

Blizzard let out a grunt of approval, swaying her fluffy tail.

• 2 weeks later...

The inn of Dead End, 86 years later.

"Lies" Stalion voice could be heared from the corner of the Inn, forcing mare to stop telling the forggoten legend. "I may have drank cider or two, but even for me thet is too much detailed story to be true." Stalion contineued. "Oh, but I have not lied. It's all true, word for word." Unicorn mare, the teller of this story, calmly responed to Stalion objections. "How can you be so sure into this truth of this story?" an Changeling objected this time. "Because I was there, on thet faithful day. When Scarlet awakened the beast from its deep slumber." Unicorn smailed "I faced thet death beast, and stud under its poison wings. I was there on thet day on thet battlefield, and I am going to be there even after an eternity , even if thet hell reopened and thousand like him come again.". But onces again she was cut short, this time by the Tavern keeper "Yeh? Were is your prof missy." At thet point Mare pulled out an thorned pice of paper, thet was not white color but yellow. It was an wanted posted from the time the legend she was telling happened. After pony's and other creature seen it they raised there look towered the Mare, with fear in there eyes. At thet point mare chuckled for a moment and contineu "Now if you are done objecting, should I contineu the story?"

The End

• Brohoof 2