Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Ghost Stories, Folklore, Legends and the Generally Supernatural

Tyroq

7 hours ago, Clawdeen said:

So there’s been two types of responses to this thread. People saying whether they believe in it or not and people telling ghost stories. I think the latter is more fun so I’m gonna go that route.

There was a story told to me back in elementary school that the one girls bathroom by the principals office was haunted. A young girl hung herself in there and the janitor found her. After her death another girl went in that bathroom alone afterschool hours and was found dead in the stall the one girl hung herself in. Another girl who went in that bathroom alone afterschool hours was also found dead in that same stall. Some say you could actually see her. That they opened up the stall door and they would see her dead body hanging by a rope and bleeding from her eyes. It was spread to never go in that bathroom alone or else. 

I don’t think I ever used that bathroom alone after hearing that. Naturally none of that is true. A young girl never hung herself in my elementary school. It caused no one to use that set of bathrooms though

Another one is there’s this abandoned building in town near a grocery store. It’s been abandoned since before I was born. It still is. 

The story with that one is the people who originally lived there died of mysterious circumstances. A group of students snuck into the building and they saw things. A dead woman laying on the stairs and severed heads. They’d look again and of course it would be gone. The students somehow got separated. The girl was first to die. Her head was shoved into a filled sink of water and she drowned, the second had his eyes ripped from his sockets and pushed down the stairs and the last boy had his head cut clean off.  They say that anyone who has ever went into that building has never came out alive. If you look at it sometimes you can see a severed head, the ghostly dead woman or bloody body parts in the windows.

This is another obviously not true one. I don’t know why that dump of a building has been abandoned for so long but no students were murdered there or anything like that.

My last one has a bit of an unfortunate truth to it. My father told me this. The previous person that lived in my childhood home told my dad this after he bought the place. The couple who lived there before him had a lot of issues. The husband was really violent towards his wife that he lived there with. He pushed her through a screen and he ended up killing her in that house. So yes I grew up in a house someone was murdered in. That part of this is unfortunately a fact. Someone died in that house. The guy told my dad sometimes when he’d look he’d see a woman in a rocking chair only to look again and see her not there. He used to think it was the woman who died there’s ghost still haunting the place where she was murdered.

Did I ever see that? No but weird stuff did happen in that house. Stuff would turn on and off on its own which would freak the heck out of me. I heart (an actual heart) u was written on the wall in my bedroom and I didn’t do that. I got in trouble for it but I didn’t do it. I even took a picture of it and showed it to my counselor. I didn’t do it. My goth/emo kid self was gonna write anything on a wall it was not gonna be I heart u. My older sister was already passed when that happened so it couldn’t have been her. My parents didn’t let me bring friends over. My parents also ended up moving me into her old room fully which I felt weird about. I used to think it was a message from her though.My older sisters way of telling me she loves me. In all seriousness I don’t know how that got wrote on my wall but I certainly got in trouble for it. Writing on the wall. I know what I did and what I didn’t do. I didn’t do that man. They didn’t believe me.

Those are my two short ghost stories I remember being told from elementary school and my strange tale of the writing on the wall from my childhood home. 

I had to read this with this music in the background :ButtercupLaugh::

1-2. Well... ok :wacko: . Have to wonder who made up that story then. Perhaps we could start our own scary stories and just claim it was passed down to us.

3. Am sorry to hear about your sister.. I realize it was a while ago of course, though one lives on with the fact. I presume we both assume the two instances can't be related to each other. Though we really don't know anything about the paranormal/supernatural... so maybe whatever was in the house before yielded that weird writing.

I have a couple of stories, one happened to me, the other was a friend's which is honestly scarier in a way (mine could've just been a hallucination, lol).

I was probably 7 years old at the apartment complex I'm back at now (I returned 20 years later), different unit. Everybody was asleep. I went to the bathroom, did my thing, went back to my room.

My mother was sleeping in one of the bunks that night (why? Don't know). She said "look" (in Spanish), I turn around and this dark, 3-foot tall silhouette with glowing eyes and smile is laughing at me in the corner, sneering at me. I FREAK OUT and run to the other bedroom across the unit where my dad is at. My mom comes over and says to come back. I deny it. It didn't end there.

I'm sharing the bed with dad, and I could hear gurgling, laughing noises coming from the master bedroom bathroom, as if it wandered over to mock me... oh goodness.... was I the only one that could hear or see it? I laid there frightened by it, wondering when it'd go away or I'd just fall asleep. I woke up the next morning, uneventful... and that was it.

I admit to this day I wonder why I saw that, as I was very well awake, and wonder if I'll ever randomly just... look to the corner in a dark room and see that thing again. What would I do then? Probably cuss in fear.

Too lazy to write the other one. Maybe some other time.

• Brohoof 1

4 hours ago, DubWolf said:

I had to read this with this music in the background :ButtercupLaugh::

1-2. Well... ok :wacko: . Have to wonder who made up that story then. Perhaps we could start our own scary stories and just claim it was passed down to us.

3. Am sorry to hear about your sister.. I realize it was a while ago of course, though one lives on with the fact. I presume we both assume the two instances can't be related to each other. Though we really don't know anything about the paranormal/supernatural... so maybe whatever was in the house before yielded that weird writing.

I have a couple of stories, one happened to me, the other was a friend's which is honestly scarier in a way (mine could've just been a hallucination, lol).

I was probably 7 years old at the apartment complex I'm back at now (I returned 20 years later), different unit. Everybody was asleep. I went to the bathroom, did my thing, went back to my room.

My mother was sleeping in one of the bunks that night (why? Don't know). She said "look" (in Spanish), I turn around and this dark, 3-foot tall silhouette with glowing eyes and smile is laughing at me in the corner, sneering at me. I FREAK OUT and run to the other bedroom across the unit where my dad is at. My mom comes over and says to come back. I deny it. It didn't end there.

I'm sharing the bed with dad, and I could hear gurgling, laughing noises coming from the master bedroom bathroom, as if it wandered over to mock me... oh goodness.... was I the only one that could hear or see it? I laid there frightened by it, wondering when it'd go away or I'd just fall asleep. I woke up the next morning, uneventful... and that was it.

I admit to this day I wonder why I saw that, as I was very well awake, and wonder if I'll ever randomly just... look to the corner in a dark room and see that thing again. What would I do then? Probably cuss in fear.

Too lazy to write the other one. Maybe some other time.

That’s a good question as to who actually started those stories. I remember a group of other girls told us. It’d be interesting to know who started those rumors.

I’ve got another one which is partially true. So my town built a Detention Center over top of a Native American burial ground (That is true. They did do that. The old building I worked in earlier this year is another place they built on top of a Native American burial ground. )

In the last few months before the prison was ready to accept its first occupants, correctional staff were assigned to stay overnight to maintain security and keep the curious away.

Jane, who has worked for the sheriff’s office, heard stories from night shift workers who said they were bothered by unexplained footsteps, saw lights go on and off, and heard howling sounds that seemed to be rushing through the halls of the empty center. It was during the early days at the new facility, when the prison population was well below its 128-person capacity, that Jane learned of a very unusual experience. 

With only about eighty-five prisoners, each inmate was able to have his own four- by eight-foot cell. Mike, a small-time criminal serving time for a light offense, was assigned during the day to out­=of-cell duty cleaning offices. “This guy was no wimp,” Jane said, thinking back on the incident. “He was in his mid-twenties, used to associate with bikers, and he was a big guy, six foot and two hundred pounds. He came into the office and looked scared. I said, ‘What’s wrong, Mike?”‘

She said that he looked around, as if he wanted to make sure no one could hear him. “You’re not going to believe this,” he told Jane, and then went on to explain. 

After the usual 11 P.M. lockdown the night before, Mike said he fell asleep and was awakened in the wee hours of the morning. While his eyes adjusted to the dark, he noticed that he couldn’t move his arms. They were pinned down, tight against his body, by the hands of an Indian chief who was straddling the prisoner’s body and pressing down hard against him.

“Mike said the Indian was wearing a bonnet full of feathers and war paint,” Jane said. “He tried to move and wrestled with the spirit, and said he ended up struggling with the ghost for most of the night, until daylight. He said there never was any talk between them. But he was really afraid, to the point that he asked to be moved into a different cell with another guy. He said he felt better at night with someone else around.” 

Jane said Mike never saw the Indian again, and no one else admitted to seeing the warrior either. It was so real to him,” she said. “When people say, ‘He looks like he’s seen a ghost!’ that was the case, here. He was so pale, and it was obvious that he had a rough night. was hard, really something, for him to admit what happened. He wasn’t the kind that wanted anybody to think he was afraid. I don’t think he ever went into that cell again. It didn’t bother him to walk by it during the day, but at night, he wouldn’t go near it.”