Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Forgotten legend

Fallen Valkyrie

Blizzard decided to do a patrol sweep of his area, "It's been quiet for awhile, I better take a look around." He wipes his nose again, put his magazine away, and gets moving. "Hmmmm...my ice mines haven't detected anything yet. I better be safe." He then ordered ice clones to watch the area, "Ok me, you watch here, me #2 you watch the right side, I'll watch the middle. Ok? Break!" He then took his position as his clones went to their respective sides of the area.

(edited)

Chapter III        

A hybrid army erupts  in the north.A Molten Alliance between the  Diamond Dogs and the Flame Legion has created a force powerful enough to massacre any who stand in their way. One settlement, one homestead at a time, they’re wiping out all resistance. The razing has begun.                                                                                         

The Razing

Sun started to sat down,and with it blood moon started to raise.Storm have begun to lose on momentum,it turned in just a harmless,slow wind.Pure white snow started to fall from a sky,and vision of our heroes started to improve.One by one bright yellow stars appear on black sky.Refugees stoped coming to Hoelbrak,day creature have gone to sleep and it made this night calm and quiet.But this was just a calm before the Molten storm.
Thru air,over mountains and plains there could be heard a mare laugh "Hahahahahah...." and couple moments later same voice sad "Leeeeet the gaaaaames begin!!!".And than suddenly on north horisont flames started to light up one by one.Horisont was burning and from it sinister black smoke clouds started to raise slow and far in the air.Our heroes could here quait screams ,cries for help and sinister machines far in distance.

Suddenly ground started to shake and sound of thos sinister machines became louder and louder,and from ground started to erupt silver,metallic drills.They made holes big inaf for something to come out,and they where everywhere.Than chanting could be he heard thru the air "Fire and stone.Flame and rage burn this world and force it in our submission!!" and as thos voices sad this,thos flame portals started to appere from thin air all around north part of wall.Than one metal creature walked outside of one hole,it looked around and yelled "Show this surface dwellers the power of our Alliance.BURN EVERYTHING TO THE GROUND!!" and with thos simple words the invadion have begun.
From holes started runing Hybrid Daimond Dogs.Half dogs,half flame monsters.From there skin lava was dripping down on white snow,and there eyes where filled with flames and rage.Portals erupted and lava start dripping out of them.And with lava Flame legion rushed out caring flame enchanted mining weapons.And this Molten army started to lay waste and burn north walls and gates.
And safety of Hoelbrak  was left to our heroes and hand full of guards.

Everyone hope they can buy ianf of time for Tybalt and his reinforcement to arrive....

Edited by Primordus

Radiant held his stance unaffected by the size of the army coming at them. It seemed they knew the north entrance was the most open way into the city so most of their troops were focused there. As they got closer, Radiant reared up "I Radiant 'the unbreakable' Sentinel captain of the Royal guard, will not allow you to raze this city!" He yelled at the invading army stomping his front hooves on the ground. He Cast his magic armor and Got ready for battle. "I will say this one versus a small army hardly seems fair... for you that is!" He taunted as to keep their attention on him.

The Legion charged at Radiant with mostly lava dogs up front. As they entered the box between Radiant's swords, Radiant used his magic to manifest his swords and pull them from the snow attacking the force from the sides quickly cutting down a dozen lava dogs.

Hearing the attacks from the sides they were distracted for second and Radiant continued cutting down more of the force. Once they realized it was Radiant controlling the swords they charge him again while some tried to charge past him.

Radiant brought his swords to his sides five feet from him and second ten feet. Seeing the swords float in front of them the force stopped running by Radiant. He spoke up loI'd enough for them all to hear him as a few.dogs broke their picks over Radiant's armor. "If you want into this city, you're going to have to march over my dead body." He begun using his swords to cut down a few more troops pushing them back in front of him as more troops continued trying to break his armor.

Tyra's jaw dropped at the sheer size of the army approaching the city. Lava dripped from the canine-like beasts as they marched toward the gate, little hellish dogs leading the charge.

Now this was going to be a battle.

She was about to draw her axe and go charging into the fray, until she remembered Radiant's plan. A sneak attack from the shadows, of course.

She slunk back behind the buildings, allowing Radiant to take the full force alone.

However she began filling with pangs of guilt and jealousy; he was getting them all to himself, but he was slowly but surely getting pummelled.

She needed a signal, soon.

(edited)

Blizzard's clones had heard the battle and informed the real Blizzard, "Sir, the battle has begun! We gotta hold this position!" "Ok guys, whatever that comes our way is gonna feel death's cold embrace!" The enemies that came to the Northeast side were the flanking type who wanted to cripple the town by getting in unseen through that side. "Shhh..., wait till you hear the ice mines go of, then freeze off their lava bodies to kill them." he whispered. *zzz-shing-crack* "They're here, let's get them boys!" Blizzard summons more clones to fight and they proceed to engage the enemy, "Freeze 'em and break 'em boys! Hiya! Take this!" By freezing their lava, the dogs instantly froze from the inside-out and exploded.

BGM:

Edited by IceBlizzard

Radiant continued holding his ground cutting down what he could managing to keep all of the forces in front of him. His armor keeping strong against the forces. He begun looking around for Tyra 'I told her to attack when they were focused on me, where is she' He thought to himself sure she wouldn't abandon him.

As he was fighting on of the larger Legion beast were charging through the forces with a part opening up for him. It stood more then two Times as tall as the dogs and was running full speed Radiant with its fist running along the ground. Radiant increased the strength of his shield and stood back at attention waiting for the blow. The beast swung it's fist impacting Radiant managing to send him flying a few dozen feet back.

Radiant turned himself in the air managing to land on his hooves. He ran ask at the forces with his swords still to his sides before the forces gained too much ground. "Is that all you got, I've been hit harder by fillies who still nurse!" He taunted drawing their attention back on him.

With the beasts distracted, it was Tyra's time to act. Watching Radiant fly back a few dozen feet, she began filling with an anger.

Nopony messes with her companions. Nopony.

She drew her axe and galloped out from her cover, making a beeline for the towering lava dog. With a war cry, she leapt into the air and swung the blade at it, striking it on the shoulderblade. She yanked the axe back out and dashed toward Radiant to join him, hacking and slashing through every lava beast in her way.

"Apologies for my delay," She yelled as she arrived, still striking at every beast she could manage, "your display of combat was interesting to watch!"

(edited)

The metal entity was far from Hoelbrak it was just staying in one place not moving or doing anything,but on one it start talking so lound that entire town could hear him "Is this @*#&$)% thing on.Yes..ok.Lay down your weapons surface dwellers and you death may be quick" It than started waving and jumping "@% @#$& @*$% wrong button" than it startet mumbling gibberish.
Couple minutes later
It seen that out heroes wont lay down wepons and that they are stil fighting "You asked for this you stuped litle ponys.........Fire missile A" ,and than one part of his metal ripped off his suit and start flaying towerd north east "Fire missle B" and another part of his metal suit ripped off and was flaying towerd  north west.As they got in collision with walls they mad holes big enough for Molten army to rush in city "Storm the city my minions.Hahahahaha..." It than turned around and walked other way.

Edited by Primordus

(edited)

Radiant watched these projectiles fly through the air toward the regions where Caliber and blizzard were. With troops beginning to redirect to those areas while the larger force focused on the north. "Thanks for joining the fight let's hope the others can hold their areas now that the walls were destroyed." Radiant said while continuing to cut down any troops that tried to pass him.

After he estimated that he cut down several dozen he realized they were still funneling out of the tunnels. He brought one of his swords to each side of his neck with the blades forward. He left two blades floating around d Tyra. "I'll be back don't let them advance." He said charging into the massive force of enemies, his swords cutting into each dog as he charged by them. He left a path of bodies behind as he begun to make a return trip trough the forces.

Edited by Chip Circuit

Icarus saw the army coming. It reminded him of the many sieges he had seen in the history books, and that took place around stilliongrad from raiders. He kept his breathing normal, and let his mind run wild, sorting through the best things to do in this invasion.  these were basically Hell hounds, but with diamond dog exteriors. From what he saw, fire was one of their main ways of attacking. Allowing caliber to do his job, Icarus hatched a plan B, in case enemies broke the first line.

These being relied on fire, and in some cases were made of fire. Fire needed oxygen to survive. Snuff out the oxygen, no fire ! And what better place to do that than a town filled with snow covered roofs and alleyways. It also meant his smoke potions would be useful too, as the gasses in them would temporarily displace oxygen. He went to work, using his magic to set traps as the army approached. If caliber could hold them off long enough, he could make this battle a lot easier for them if they were pushed back.

Blizzard and his clones were hearing a missle nearing their position, "Hiya! Get outta here!" "Sir! I see a missle headed this way!" "Ok guys, you hold off the hotheads, while I take care of that missle." Blizzard then skates into the air, "Charging ice reflector!" He charges the missle and hits it, reversing it in the exact direction it came from. "Haha! no kabooms here! Back to my corner of town!" He then skates back to the Northeast side and continues fighting,

The metal entity was furious when he seen missile A have been reverst.He started to yell "O you whanted to play rof little F*&($% HUH?!" it than started slamming his fist in ground "Call in headless bombers. AHA YOU ARE NOW GOING TO GET IT YOU STUPID F(*$& LITLE MORON!!!" and as he finished this  30 ponys with bombs tided to them rushed out on blizzard part of wall "BURN BURN!!! HAHAHAHAHA...." It than looked at other untis "Gate is ther weakest point.Flame shamans start shovering that place with fireballs make holes in wall so ur army can burn this litle S*%^ town..."

Blizzard shook it off, "Ok, I got you. You think you're so hot? Well I got something to cool it off." He then blasts the flames, putting them out, but his sector wall was nothing but rubble. "Crap. How am I gonna explain this to the team?" "Sir, don't worry, your friends will understand, but for now, we gotta defend what's left of this area. But it's your call." Blizzard heard the words of his clone, and was not ready to give up, "Grr...Kill them all...." "Say again sir?" "KILL THEM ALL! CHAAAAAARRRRGE!" Blizzard then rushes forward with his clones to defend what's left of his sector.

caliber watched the army come towards him. a little frightened, he broke into a run at them, un-sheathing his sword, and making it burst into white-hot fire. 'lets do this' he thought, as he ran into them, hacking and slashing with more speed and aggression then he had shown in his duels with tyra and IB. he was a blur, slicing through their ranks, taking them out by the tens, but he wasn't flawless. burns, and claw marks riddled his body already. he was still going strong, though. the diamond dogs, and the flame legion were starting to doubt they could win, as their numbers from 150 had dropped to around 60 already. 'ok...im gonna use it. my body's gonna collapse after this battle anyway,' caliber thought, as he jumped back, and looked at icarus. "those traps ready yet? i'mma need you to distract them for around ten seconds!" calibers horn began to glow with dark magic, 'i hope this works' he thought

Blizzard was tired, "*panting for 10 seconds like every anime character ever* Damn, that was close! They're slowing down their attack, quick clones, set up more ice mines, and pick an area to defend!" He then noticed an enemy crawling, Blizzard went over to him to ask question/interrogate him. "What's your plan? What're you doing this for? Answer me damn it!!" He said as he shook the dying enemy troop, "Flame.... legion...will rule...all...." he said with his dying breath. "Hmph he wasn't of any use to us anyway. Back to work!"

(edited)

The metal entity looked at rubble around Blizzard "Bullseye.hahahah" It looked at Blizzard as he got  angry "Is the little baby going to cry?hahaha" He than turned to Calibers part "Wait what is that i didnt know we got trained one here.No meter" it than yelled so caliber can hear him "Beter stop while you are areh.You dont whant my to burn your house down.No I am going to do that anny way.HAHAHAHA" It than turned to his army "Launch the prototype" gound started to shake as big metal beast walked out of bigest portal.,it was burning inside out it walked relly slow and didnt care if he steps on his teammates it had just one goal destroy the gates.The metal entity started "Your world will burn.Your world will burn...I think my work here is done this idiots will fall sooner or later." It fired his jetpack and flyed west...

Edited by Primordus

"By Sleipnir's mane!" Tyra exclaimed, seeing the explosions of the northern walls over the buildings, and turning to Radiant, "I think Caliber and Blizzard will require help!"

She nodded at his instructions, and let him run on as she kept cutting down beast after beast in her way.

"You will need to face the wrath of Trotstheim to pass me, demons!" She screamed at them, cutting down one after another, "And no pony or beast has survived to tell the story!"

(edited)

As Radiant saw the monstrosity he stopped in his tracks a few enemies trying to break through his armor still. "I can't let that thing near the gates, but what can I do to.stop it?" He said to himself.

He looked down at the ground thinking for second and ran back through the troops.cutting everyone he passed. He stopped beside Tyra with his swords still beside him "I'M sorry but I may have to leave you on your own with the rest. I can't let that thing reach the gates." He stated running back through the troops taking all four swords with him along his sides cutting down even more of the troops as he ran through them.

He reached the monstrosity sliding to.a.stop in front of it. "You will not get by me beast." He said charging his armor causing it to become unstable.

Radiant detonated his armor causing a large enough force wave knocking over the monstrosity as well as many of the troops. As they were all struggling to their feet Radiant fought against the sudden fatigue and jumped onto the monstrosity using his four swords to impale the beast's chest plate and pry open the armor where the heart usually is. Once the armor.was open Radiant lifted his swords ready to.bring them down on the enemy when fire begun to amass in the revealed spot. Radiant quickly cast his armor again. As his armor was up an explosion of fire erupted from the hole in the armor hitting Radiant point blank.

The damage sent him flying back toward town shattering his magical armor. Radiant's body was burned as he flew through the air with his swords still floating with him. He came crashing into the snow a distance behind Tyra.

Edited by Chip Circuit

'crap. i was gonna use my ace to get rid og the rest of the small fry. now theres this' he looked up at the huge spider-looking fire-breathing robot. 'no choice...gotta use my ace to take care of that.' he thought, as he was engulfed in dark magic, before jumping with impossible speeds, towards the robot, slicing and dicing it everywhere his sword would reach. 

(think this:)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TpUioyc5OYo

caliber's terrifying in his dark magic mode

Tyra glanced to Radiant as he addressed her about taking out that giant monstrosity.

"Do what you must do!" She yelled, kicking down another beast, "Go, go!"

The beasts continue to come, but Tyra continued to cut them down. Heads, legs and arms went flying as lava splurted from the bodies like blood.

"Keep coming, demons!" She dared, smirking as she cut in and kicked down more and more, "I can do this all day!"

She heard a crash behind her, and spotted Radiant collapsed in the snow. She gasped, eyes widened, and her resolve hardened even more; her attacks became faster and more frantic as she ran from one side to another; she had to not only protect the city, but her companion too.

Blizzard's end was destroyed, but manageable since enemies had figured since his area was destroyed, they assaulted the other directions, "Ok clones 5, 6, 7 and 8, I can manage here with clones 1-4, you go help Caliber and the others ok? Do your best to keep them alive! Got it?!" "Yes sir!" And his clones skated off to their ordered areas, 5 and 6 were going to help Tyra and Raid, while 7 and 8 went to help Caliber and Icarus.

As the large beast begun standing back up so did Radiant. He managed to get back on his hooves breathing heavily. "No.more armor, I'm too.worn out for that but I can still.fight" he thought to himself.

He took up his swords again wielding one in his moutH to reserve any energy he could. As Tyra continued fighting Radiant's three golden swords impaled three.dogs through the neck. As the swords went opposite directions from each other decapitation a whole line of.dogs. Radiant limped.back up beside Tyra his fur.and mane still smoking.

The blode moon was geting reder as clock on town start to announce 12 o'clock.Beast was furious it yelled,scream and it flame got so strong it made hole in snow when it standed up.It started runing toward the gates it jumped and he stared to burn out but he was successfully failed on gates and made hole for more untis to rush in.

Blizzard kept fighting and was doing ok until, "Aaah! Damn lava touched my skin! It's HOTTT'!! Clones cover me while I take care of this!" He touched his lavaburnt hoof to cool it off, but it turned into a rock that was stuck in his skin, "I gotta pull it out. *pulls out the rock and starts to bleed a little* Aaah goddamn it! This hurts! Ugh, but it's just a flesh wound so I'm ok. I gotta keep my distance from these guys or else the burns will kill me! Time to long range fight with projectiles and blasts!"

the robot collapsed, and caliber landed on the ground, still seething with dark magic. he looked at the remainder of the army. 'gotta push it' he thought, before he attacked, even faster and stronger than before, moving impossibly fast. at one point, he heard something behind him that sounded like: "orders, sir!" he had killed one already before realizing it was IB's clones. "protect icarus!" he said, before continuing the onslaugt. when they were all dead, he disabled the dark magic, and immediately fell on one knee. "argh...pain, everywhere." he saw in the distance more were coming, and he groaned. 'more?!'