movies/tv Your favorite WWII movies/TV-series?

A Bridge Too Far is my favourite WWII film, the details of Operation Market Garden are stunning in this movie, even the film location looks like the Brabant region of the Netherlands, for I have been to the Market Garden battlefield before, from Eindhoven, to Nijmegen, to Arnhem. The acting is top notch, with Sean Connery, Michael Cane, Anthony Hopkins, Gene Hackman, Ryan O'Neal and Robert Redford, it also has a great musical score, especially the opening titles, the battles were quite good, from the parachute drop of the paras to the creeping barrage of XXX Corps, Arnhem bridge and Oosterbeek were good too, only Medal of Honor Frontlines on PlayStation 2, comes close to matching the details, moreover, a film like this is also a reminder that not all allied military campaigns were successful, the Germans were a formidable fighting force, plus my grandfather is also a veteran of the real Operation Market Garden, he was a part of the Canadian detachment that was on the west side of the Rhine, there to rescue the British 1st Airborne Division evacuate across the river.  

BIG WWII film fan here! Some of mine include:

•U-571

•Das Boot

•The Great Escape

•Casablanca

•Saving Private Ryan

•Fury

•Schindler's List

•Cross of Iron

•The Monuments Men

•Unbroken

•Valkyrie

•Patton

•Miracle at St Anna

•All Quiet on the Western Front (The orignal version)

•The Book Thief

fan_button__macindash_fan_by_silverroman

Love is a most potent magic

My FiMFiction | My DA | My Facebook