Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Just planted a sprouted onion from the fridge (growing herbs, vegetables, etc)

Ginger Tea

Imagine my surprise finding that onion on the back of the shelf after I'd just finished planting ginger. ;)

Does anyone else here grow their own herbs, food, or anything else fun? If you haven't tried it, it's super-fun and there are plants that require very little care that aren't cacti. You can learn a lot about how to be gentle by taking care of parsley.

• Brohoof 3

I actually used to! But due to some issues, I had to eventually stop. It is tonnes of fun though!

• Brohoof 1

I used to grow an avacado tree, but I had to leave it behind when I moved. I just hope the new house owners take care of the poor thing. Nowadays I've got my eyes set on growing some potatoes, because potatoes are great.

Do you guys have room outdoors for tomatoes? My space is pretty cramped right now, but I dream of having my own little space outside that's good for plants that need more sunlight.

I used to grow an avacado tree, but I had to leave it behind when I moved. I just hope the new house owners take care of the poor thing. Nowadays I've got my eyes set on growing some potatoes, because potatoes are great.

I know the feeling. We had some nice trees and shrubs at the house I grew up in, but most of it is gone.

Do you guys have room outdoors for tomatoes? My space is pretty cramped right now, but I dream of having my own little space outside that's good for plants that need more sunlight.

I don't have the time or resources to prep my yard for a big garden, but I've got a little space on my deck for a container garden, which is what I normally do. Even if you've got a teeny space, that's still probably big enough for one good-sized tomato plant. 

Edited by Lastochka

I grow some veggies and things in my make-shift greenhouse. Got some Oakleaf Lettuce, 6 Aubergines, Carrots and Broccoli on all four walls. Got some pesty slugs not long since, but they can prove difficult to get rid of. Especially after hearing this!

I grew some tomatoes last year, and I hope to get a little hanging basket from the market this year too. ^_^

With Tumbling Tom tomatoes in a basket, you should be fine even in cramped spaces. I had two outside my window, one on either size, you can have them trail all over the side of the house. They look beautiful in summer! A bit like these:

282.jpg

• Brohoof 2

I'm planning on growing once I move into the new house(once it's built anyways) as for now, I'm growing a blueberry bush on the balcony.  I don't know if it survived the winter or not but I'm hopeful that it did.  Stuff around here has yet to bloom.  Also, growing an aloe vera plant inside.

• Brohoof 1

I want to grow cacti because I think they look beautiful but my stepmom hates cactus.... when I move out I'm probably going to buy a pot to plant a cactus in as a reminder of the desert I'm leaving behind....

• Brohoof 1