Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

planning Ponyfinder: Age of Adventure (Updated) [Full]

GreyScholar

Unarmed rogue, actually.

Will probably go sap master tree. Yeah this will be quite a strange setup. Is anyone else playing a character they've given predetermined backstory to or is everyone else making characters for the game itself?

Edited by The Jar

Unarmed rogue, actually.

Will probably go sap master tree. Yeah this will be quite a strange setup. Is anyone else playing a character they've given predetermined backstory to or is everyone else making characters for the game itself?

I just made up my character's backstory as I went. It's mostly just one or two big events and then a lot of basic stuff, but it works I suppose.

• 4 weeks later...

So, is this game still happening or ?....

Yes... it's just on pause because of real life taking up most of my time and because I have no computer. This will likely get started back up when I make my move to Kentucky Nov 24

• 1 month later...

So I don't want to sound like I'm rushing you here, but should I still be waiting for this group? My schedule is starting to get pretty restrictive, and It's been brought back multiple times and we haven't even started yet. I really want to play, but I'm just wondering if we're going to actually do this.

My plan was 'play by post', as it is called, and see about setting a day or two everyone can post. Though if players wish to post any other day it can be worked out they can as long as others have posted as well. Perhaps by setting up a posting order, and work from there. I would rather not do a live chat for the fact that I feel many players wont put as much effort since they may feel the need to rush and keep up with other posters.

Essentially D&D/Pathfinder... but roleplay setup much like how things are normally done here on MLP Forums.

@,

I admit, I wish there was a faster way of getting character sheets together, that would be helpful for getting this started. For fairness I also planned on doing players' starting rolls for them during character creation... or I could just allow a point buy of 30 with no stat higher then 18 (understandably).

Edited by EquestrianScholar

If you have google docs I have a rather in depth character sheet template designed by a friend of mine; it's convenient since it can be shared by player and GM so any updates made to the sheet can be seen by anyone the document is shared with. We typically play in person using digital aids.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1CTHtUg5t4vffEC1XWjbfi7Y8JZvFiWXszNXQLybEGos/edit?usp=sharing

In order to make a sheet you can edit you just need to go File > Make a Copy

I personally prefer point buy as a GM; it makes sure everyone is roughly at the same power level; but I've been in a few games that do rolls and it worked out fine (except for one PVP game, never again.) Typically I do 20 point buy which is Pathfinder's suggestion for "High Fantasy" games; but it's ultimately up to whatever the GM is comfortable with.

http://webpages.charter.net/tedsarah/Pathfinder/utilities/pointBuyCalc.htm is the point buy calculator I use for figuring out my character's stats.

Thanks for the character sheet! ^ ^

Are you willing help getting the players' character sheets together and show me how to getting the correct sharing connections working as they should? I would be appreciated.

Personally I always found 20 points to be too little, especially when considering the average one can get with 4d6 reroll 1s and 2s (the way my DM handled stat rolling and through such my preference). Heck with 20 points all you can get is four 10s and two 16s if you want to give attention to important stats, 30 points gives players the chance to mess around with the stats of their character a bit more.

Sure; it isn't too complex; anyone familiar with Google documents shouldn't have too much trouble sharing. All they need to do is hit the blue "Share" button on the top-right of the page and type your gmail address in the box that pops up, they can choose whether to let you edit, comment on or just view the sheet. But once they share with you, you should get an email notifying you of it and you should be able to view it in your Incoming tab on your Google Drive page. Obviously everyone needs a Gmail account in order for this to work; but I kinda just assume everyone has one.

20 point buy is just my preference as you said; my first DM did point buy so it always stuck with me (he actually prefers 15; or the 3.5 equivalent of it anyways).

@,

Thanks for the info, we can start with the few members that have already shown interest and I can see if they still want to play and get together a character sheet. One remember at least one who had worked on a character sheet.

Also, I was wondering if we might edit the character sheet offered a bit to better fit with the change of focus? Such as mane and tail instead of hair, also a section for cutiemark description.

I guess, perhaps to being exposed to stories with stronger parties and anime... I just find 15/20 points to be too lower.

(edited)

@@EquestrianScholar,

^ Is my older brother, he introduced me to MLP and the site.

I want to join!

I will help you with your character tomorrow.

Also, I just realized that I have forgotten my own rules in my OP as it seems I planned on everyone starting at 5th level not 1st level.

Edited by EquestrianScholar

Also, I just realized that I have forgotten my own rules in my OP as it seems I planned on everyone starting at 5th level not 1st level.

So are we going 1st or 5th? And if Jaith Adymn is the DM now should I send the Magus character sheet I sent you to him/her? (The newer one, not the year old one.)

Edited by Brosparkles