Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

bring mlp to other networks

mysticalnight

ok, ill be the one to say it, elephant in the room... the onlyreal pproblem i have with this show is how inaccessibile it is. i still dont even get the hub or discovery family (or whatever the buck theyre calling it these days). :angry:  first 4 seasons arent a problem now, since i have netflix, but anytime a new episode comes up, im stuck using youtube. am i the only one thinkng they need to expand toother networks???

There's not enough viewership on cable TV for it to be worth it to them. If you want, you can purchase the seasons on Google Play or iTunes for higher quality, however. 

• Brohoof 1

you both have good points... but let me tell you a funny story... not so much funny, as part of the reason im a little peeved. it was a couple of years ago, i happened to see an add for mlp on a different network. at that point i had no clue theyd even started it up again. my first thought was "they brought this dreck back? *click*." something you should know, i was never really a 'fan' of mlp before a friend got me started. i wouldnt exactly call myself a brony hater, cause i didnt even know what a brony was yet. this was around the end of season 2 i think. one of the adds i remember seeing was for a canterlot wedding if i remember right. ok fact is, part of me was almost curious, as much as i wouldnt have wanted to admit it. if id gotten to watch it at least once back then, i probably wouldve become a brony sooner, rather than waiting til sometime after season 3.

The thing is, this show is not run by the audience it receives. This show running because of the income the toys are making. If the toys are selling well, the shows ratings could hit rock bottom and it would still air weekly. If the toys don't sell well, off the air it goes.

So i don't think Hasbro really cares where this show is airing right now, aslong as the money from the toys is flowing into their pockets.

• Brohoof 1

It airs on the discovery family channel because Hasbro is a partner with Discovery Networks. It used to be fifty-fifty when it was Hub. When Hasbro gave up part of their ownership they changed the name. So yeah, probably not going to be on another network At least not until discovery family folds

(edited)

personally, i think itd be in their best interest to bring it to more networks. more possible viewers, meaning more possible fans, meaning more money. everyone wins.

Edited by mysticalnight

Contracts are a fickle thing, that could be the main reason to it not being on other networks. It would be neat because more people would get to experience it, but it probably can't happen under a legal basis. >_< Which is a shame if that is the case.

• Brohoof 1