Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

CastletonSnob

From a business perspective, it's usually not commonplace for corporations to return to retired product lines when so much has been invested in the successor. From my research, it suggests poor confidence in the current product line which makes investors quite hesitant to forfeit capital. I hope I articulated that well enough.

• Brohoof 4

Out of respect for this thread's purpose, I'll pretend that I don't like G5. No, I do not want FiM to be brought back because I felt it hit its peak during the middle of its run and would only continue to slowly decline in quality. I'm tired of shows we used to love getting worse and worse and shows we used to love that have ended being rebooted in place of new shows being made. That's just my opinion too. That doesn't even factor how from a business perspective, going a generation back would be a stupid idea. 

• Brohoof 5

The last couple of seasons of FIM really soured me on the idea of reviving the show. Especially if they bring it back without the original writers.

I’ll be real I’d be more interested in seeing them bring back EQG or Pony Life instead 

• Brohoof 6

No, G4 ended where it should have and while there is still alot of unknown questions about alot of things, I think that bringing it back, especially without anyone that worked on the original show would be beating a dead horse (pun intended) and I like G5, it's nowhere near as good as G4, but it's decent in it's own right.

• Brohoof 6

3 hours ago, Megas said:

The last couple of seasons of FIM really soured me on the idea of reviving the show. Especially if they bring it back without the original writers.

I’ll be real I’d be more interested in seeing them bring back EQG or Pony Life instead 

I agree with this post and I feel like there were more stories to tell in the Equestria Girls group since we never got a series finale for them. :sunny:

I love the Friendship is Magic ponies with my whole heart but I also love the new ponies of Gen 5 and I think they're awesome too! :PIPPIPHURRAY:

• Brohoof 8

Honestly, no. The primary reason is simply that there is only so much that could be done with Friendship is Magic, and it seems that they were already running short on ideas in the latter half of the series. From Starlight being sort-of being integrated into the Mane Six, to the Pillars, to the Friendship School and the Student Six, and a lot of the character regression of the Mane Six in general gives the impression that their creative energy was running dry. Theoretically, there is no limit to what kind of new stories could be told in Equestria, but in practice, has there truly been any long-running TV series that has remained good after five or so seasons? Those are exceptionally rare, to where you could probably count them on two hands.

I have made no secret that I am not that fond of Generation 5. Nothing about it offends me, but I simply do not find it that appealing, after giving it as many honest chances as I could afford it. Their sensibilities have clearly changed after a decade of FiM's existence, made notably with the greater emphasis on smartphones/social media and Tell Your Tale being more bite-size content for a generation with little attention to give any one thing. I won't chastise it for this decision; if anything, they actually make sense in our modern, bewildering times. However, I will not pretend to or force myself to be over the moon about it. Both TYT and MYM are perfectly fine series in spite of my quibbles with them, and despite my affection for FiM, I would not have it brought back from the grave just for the chance of it being better. With my luck, I would bring it back, just for there to be a season of 26 back-to-back Newbie Dashes.

The only reason I would bring Friendship is Magic back is, as previously stated, so we could get a proper Equestria Girls finale. Other than that, I am satisfied leaving Friendship is Magic alone, and letting Generation 5 do its thing.

• Brohoof 6

IMO generally it's better to end a show when it's still high in ratings than let it get milked for all it's got.

So, no let's not bring it back. There's no reason to do that.

The occasional special or short would be fine though.

• Brohoof 4

It's too late for something like that now. Hasbro has moved on from G4 and are currently invested into G5. Sure, the latter may not be as hugely successful as the former, but Hasbro are sticking to their guns and we need to accept it for what it is. Besides, if G4 had lasted a bit longer, it would've started to experience stagnancy. Then again, seasons eight and nine showed that it was becoming stagnant albeit in small ways.

• Brohoof 2

11 hours ago, CastletonSnob said:

For those of you who don't like G5, would you like it if Hasbro brought back MLP: FiM for another season?

A reboot is possible but I doubt it will be any time soon unless we are surprised.

• Brohoof 1

At the very least I really wish they bring up the intelligence of characters beyond 5 years old. 

Sunny seems to be the only one allowed to have any common sense and that's just pathetic.

I mean, I get G4 won't come back but have at least some respect for your viewers and quit the babyish MLP crap.

Perfect example, the unicorns and their jinxing. Just... NO have an episode where they over come it and end that nonsense once and for all.

I mean I completely get why Misty is awkward and ignorant of basic things in life as she was raised by a complete moronic and egotistical alicorn so I can see why she is this bad, that makes sense as she probably wasn't exactly given a quality education.

The rest of the characters though have no reason to be as stupid or as goofy as they are.

So, in answer to the original question I would love a reboot of G4, and or a finish to EG Sunset's story but that will never happen so at the very Id settle for fixing the crap pile that is G5 here and there.

I really enjoyed MLP: FiM, but, its for the best that the series ended when it did. Later seasons weren't as well received as FiM in its peak, I don't think a hypothetical season 10 would at all be the lightning in a bottle moment G4 was when it was just starting, and its just better for a show to end sooner rather than later generally. Doesn't make any sense for Hasbro to return to G4 now that G5 is happening. G6 or G7 could maybe end up featuring the Mane Six again but as its own continuity if they wanted to, but I wouldn't count on that happening either.

Wouldn't mind seeing the occasional G4 special though.

I have been getting more into G5 recently and hope for the best with this new generation despite it quirks. While I have no say in the future of pony, I personally don't want G5 to be thrown away right as it was starting to improve.

• Brohoof 4

On 2023-07-04 at 2:36 PM, Trot Souffle said:

The occasional special or short would be fine though.

On 2023-07-04 at 11:05 PM, Nightfall Gloam said:

Wouldn't mind seeing the occasional G4 special though.

I believe a G4 special is inevitable considering G5 is a distant sequel :fluttershy:

On 2023-07-04 at 7:08 PM, Metemponychosis said:

No. It ran its course. What it did is done, and what it failed to do should remain untouched. In fact, I think that G5 should distance itself as far as it could from G4.

I haven't seen the new show, but I read that it was in continuity with FiM, so I think you mean, "G5 should have completely distanced itself as far as it could from G4."

If they made a season 10, then I would prefer to make the Mane 6 to be minor characters. I would be more interested in them exploring secondary and background characters instead. For instance, I would have liked to have learned more about Limestone Pie, to see a dedicated Celestia episode, etc.

• Brohoof 2

9 hours ago, Number62 said:

I haven't seen the new show, but I read that it was in continuity with FiM, so I think you mean, "G5 should have completely distanced itself as far as it could from G4."

The problem, at least the way I see it, is that 'in continuity' is a vague expression. Is it in continuity in the sense that it happens later in the chronology? Yes. But it also completely ignores G4 as a told story and just keeps grasping at characters and a few ideas. And that is also 'in continuity'. What do I mean? That no references to G4 should exist, and that G5 should be its own contained thing.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Good idea. In general, it would be nice if G5 was a different continuation of G4, and not the one they are doing now(now they simply ignore everything that was in G4, a lot of questions arise because of this, it would be possible to connect these generations many times better if the plot of G5 would begin from the beginning of Twilight's reign).

And I do not agree with what they write here, they say "there were few ideas left, everything would be bent", on the contrary, the ending of G4 gives a lot of scope in terms of plot.

Eh, how I would like that.

Edited by Kantet

MLP: FiM already hit the peak back in 2013-2014, it doesn't need to be revived. The creators must have run out of ideas by seasons 8-9. I would leave FiM in peace as it is and try out G5

• Brohoof 2

6 minutes ago, TransitPony said:

MLP: FiM уже достиг своего пика в 2013-2014 годах, его не нужно реанимировать. Должно быть, к 8-9 сезонам у создателей закончились идеи. Я бы оставил FiM в покое и попробовал G5

Well, there are just a lot of ideas that could be implemented, there are stories of some characters, and the ending itself leaves a lot of room for screenwriters. In any case, I would only be glad for some kind of continuation of the story and those heroes.