Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

On 2021-09-04 at 8:41 PM, Megas said:

I'm still annoyed they wasted Optimus Primal's Beast Wars VA, Gary Chalk, on the fucking Yaks. I loved him as Optimus Primal and he deserved to be a more significant and more likeable character

At least we got Fido and Oak Nut for characters who don’t stand out negatively :scoots:

On 2021-09-04 at 8:41 PM, Megas said:

In hindsight it made me glad they never brought in more of the Transformers VAs like Peter Cullen, Frank Welker, Corey Burton, Michael Bell or David Kaye. Michael Bell in particular since he voiced the original Grogar, it would have sucked seeing him as Not-Grogar

Having all of these guys was already a severe wishful thinking considering they aren’t even based in Canada :scoots:. I’m surprised they got Maurice LaMarche and kept Trevor Denvall even in Horse Life :lostit:

Anyway, since I got a bit of Transformers fever after watching the rest of Transformers Prime and all of Beast Wars these past few weeks, I’d KILL having Peter Cullen, Frank Welker, and David Kaye in horse. I wonder if had David Kaye remained in Canada, he would have a pony role. That would have been interesting, yeeesss

(edited)
On 2022-07-23 at 8:10 PM, Steve Piranha said:

Having all of these guys was already a severe wishful thinking considering they aren’t even based in Canada :scoots:. I’m surprised they got Maurice LaMarche and kept Trevor Denvall even in Horse Life :lostit:

Iirc a lot of them are former Canadian VAs who ended up moving to LA for greener pastures so it wasn’t out of the realm of possibility. Heck David Kaye worked with several MLP VAs in the past on other works. They absolutely could have gotten could have gotten him, he got his dual citizenship that could have gotten him work like Tara Strong and he did come back to reprise Sesshomaru in the Inuyasha sequel. There was a serious missed opportunity to use him as King Sombra, his BW Megatron voice would have been perfect for him

Edited by Megas

• 3 months later...

I still cannot get over Rebecca's talent of singing and sounding just like Twilight and same for Pinkie's or Rarity's singing voices

I love Cozy Glow's actress and she even did "Oops! I did it again." cover showing that she really loves voicing her

Starlight's actress actually voiced Barbie as well

I'll always love the cast of MLP FiM for not only their talents but also for almost every single one of them staying all the way through

Cause I remember being a big fan of Pj Masks back in the day but putting aside from it getting too predictable and losing it's charm for me, the voice cast changed what felt like every episode. The new voices were just too distracting. And once Armadylan"s voice changed too I stopped the episode and was like "I'm done with this nonsense." So I'm very happy that something like that never affected Friendship is Magic.

• Brohoof 1

Kelly Sheridan as Sango <3 Inuyasha was my childhood, how much certified CRAP if have to sit through on adult swim to watch Inuyasha. 

I also really love Tara Strong as Batgirl in DC Superhero Girls 2019 and as Poison Ivy in DC Superhero Girls 2017, Tara's done so many there are probably more I like that aren't coming directly to mind 

Kelly Sheridan, Andrea Libman, Ashleigh Ball and Tabitha St Germain have all done Barbie voice overs. Kelly Sheridan as Barbie, and Tabitha St Germain in most of the Barbie movies, sometimes in multiple roles. These are my favorites because I LOVE the Barbie movies.

And Tara Strong is like the modern day Tress MacNeille; she does everything! I can’t think of much she hasn’t done! So it's hard to pick a favorite of hers besides Twilight. 

Blu Mankuma is in a favorite show of mine as a screen actor. I was a bit young when Forever Knight aired in the early 90s but found it later on. Season 3 isn’t everyone’s favorite, but Reese was an ok police captain. I forgot he had such a deep voice though for some reason. 

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

I remember hearing Tara Strong's voice in an old MMO call Wildstar. She was playing the ruler (princess or queen I can't remember) of the furry playable race (the Aurins). When I stumbled upon her questline with my human character, I had a "Hold up, that's Twilight. Omg" moment, proceeded to delete that character and rerolled an aurin (made her look just like Fluttershy), just to be able to hear more of her. And because their design was so cute.