Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Favorite Voice Actor?

AdmiralOrchid

Mel Blanc, actually. Because of this clip. The man was brilliant.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xX732YZa7a0

I find this little story truly amazing. I found it at the IMDB entry about him...

While in a coma after a cataclysmic automobile accident, doctors unsuccessfully tried to get Mel to talk. Finally, a doctor, who was also a huge fan of his cartoon characters, asked Mel, "Bugs? Bugs Bunny? Are you there?". Mel responded, in Bugs Bunny's voice, "What's up, Doc?". After talking with several other characters, they eventually led Mel out of his coma.

Edited by cuteycindyhoney
  • Brohoof 5

I liked Paul Winchell, the original inventor of the artificial heart.  Frank Welker is also great.  As far as US TV shows go I thought the cast of Transformers Prime did the best job of any cast ever.

Edited by ISleepNow
  • Brohoof 1

I find this little story truly amazing. I found it at the IMDB entry about him...

While in a coma after a cataclysmic automobile accident, doctors unsuccessfully tried to get Mel to talk. Finally, a doctor, who was also a huge fan of his cartoon characters, asked Mel, "Bugs? Bugs Bunny? Are you there?". Mel responded, in Bugs Bunny's voice, "What's up, Doc?". After talking with several other characters, they eventually led Mel out of his coma.

<3 That's one of my favorite episodes precisely because of scattin' Daffy. His entire persona that episode was amazing.

It's kind of a two-edged sword with VAs like him. It's pretty great to recognize his voice in all the cartoons but it's equally annoying to hear Daffy or Bugs in another character's dialog. Usually the former though.

Woody Woodpecker has similar issues. Dooly and Buzz Buzzard share the same voice actor and you can hear it very distinctly.

I have never really paid attention to voice actors until I got into MLP. So I'm going to say that my favorite voice actor is Ashleigh Ball, because all of her voices sound totally different and she has a beautiful singing voice to match.  B)  :smug:

Can't decide between Andrea and Tara

Andrea for being able to simultaneously voice two significantly different characters in terms of personality and pitch, her excellent performance with Fluttershy largely contributed why the Pegasus is my favorite pony.

Tara has a very diverse variety of voices, although sometimes they can sound a bit similar (normal since the voices all come from the same person to begin with). Specifically, her performance with Paz was one of the most gut-wrenching (pun not intended) moments I experienced in Metal Gear history, gave me my fair share of nightmares to say the least. "Peace day never came..."

@@AdmiralOrchid

As this topic relates to more than just MLP it has been moved to Media Discussion.

Thanks. :)

Patrick Warburton is the correct answer. If you say anybody else, you're wrong.

Okay, I guess a lot of other actors are pretty good, too.

Favorite Pony voice actor/actress would have to be Ashleigh Ball, but as for non-pony voice artists, I'd have to go with Peter Cullen, Chris Latta, Arthur Q Bryan, Adam Howden, and Charles Martinet

• Brohoof 1

• 7 years later...
On 2016-02-04 at 5:19 AM, cuteycindyhoney said:

There's no other answer I could give. :rarity: Not just because he voiced so many of my favorite characters, but the simply amazing job he did with all of them!

Even his last appearances when he was in his early 80s had that special Mel Blanc charm to them. It says a lot that in most of the Looney Tunes revivals made after his death, they need several actors for the roles he could do by himself.

• Brohoof 1