Snowdrop(awful story)

Tom Snyder

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fuv-fdclNwk

I can't say i liked it. and i want to know how this story is even considered good; when all it does is use a cheap tactic and overdoes it. I don't do this, i make my story dark, which means i don't abuse a single thing to make people like dark mist, but make them see the world as it could be; not for what it is. But snowdrop doesn't quite capture me as much you guys.

Edited by Candy Star
  • Brohoof 2

While I do agree that I'm not too keen on Snowdrop as many others, I wouldn't consider it to be that bad. I very much agree that that Snowdrop's "feel sorry for me" personality is jarring, but it went back on track to a decent story at the third act with the Princesses. I also liked how the snowflake idea was handled, as well as how it fits the themes of MLP:FiM.

While I have seen much better fan animations, it is at least for me watchable. At least it isn't another Dusk's Dawn or Double Rainboom.

• Brohoof 5

While I do agree that I'm not too keen on Snowdrop as many others, I wouldn't consider it to be that bad. I very much agree that that Snowdrop's "feel sorry for me" personality is jarring, but it went back on track to a decent story at the third act with the Princesses. I also liked how the snowflake idea was handled, as well as how it fits the themes of MLP:FiM.

While I have seen much better fan animations, it is at least for me watchable. At least it isn't another Dusk's Dawn or Double Rainboom.

But I liked Double Rainboom.

• Brohoof 3

I agree with this, so much. 

I watched it, but I do not understand why it's so eye-catching. Double Rainboom made me want to die inside though.

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

I'm just not the one to like sad stories, hardly any personality shows up at all besides being sad. The only thing i like is the design of the OC's. Though i don't think Celestia looked that way with the pink mane(it looks fan made), you never see celestia like that.

Edited by Candy Star
  • Brohoof 3

i watched snowdrop and didnt even shed a tear #manlinessover9000

seriously though, i can understand why people might not like the story too much. i dont care much for sad stories(especially when they are bascially just trying to have a character that you are supposed to feel sorry for) either, but the animation and artstyle is still good, so you at least have to respect that.

• Brohoof 2

i watched snowdrop and didnt even shed a tear #manlinessover9000

seriously though, i can understand why people might not like the story too much. i dont care much for sad stories(especially when they are bascially just trying to have a character that you are supposed to feel sorry for) either, but the animation and artstyle is still good, so you at least have to respect that.

The animation wasn't the best, but yeah.

• Brohoof 1

Personally felt more sorry for Luna than Snowdrop. Snowdrop was the only pony who appreciated Luna's night which is what Luna struggled with before coming Nightmare Moon, by the time she'd been transformed back to Luna Snowdrop had passed.

• Brohoof 3

I'm not fond of the character or the story either as it's pretty much another 'feel sorry for this blind character we're going to slam your mind with repeatedly till you feel sorry for her contrived issues' characterization and story. As DashBandicoot said, I felt more sorry for Luna losing the one person who cared for her night then I ever did for Snowdrop's issues that warped everyone around to be assholes to her.

Animation and artsyle wise, for a fan project, it's decent and is probably the best fan animation video the fandom has produced simply because it isn't anywhere near as terrible as Dusks' Dawn, which has entered in 'so bad it's good territory',  Double Rainboom for  while it had the best animation of the bunch, the lies the PR team for Double Rainboom said, how horrid the story, voice acting and directing of it, and out of character characterizations in the fan animation had really sour my opinion for it, and that's not mentioning how bad SFS's next MLP vid in the Fall of the Crystal Empire was.

Edited by Nuke87654
  • Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...

I don't think the story is that instresting, but it is totally better than Double Rainboom. And I agree with what DashBandicoot said earlier, I feel sorry for Luna nit Snowdrop. It is pity that Luna didn't get to meet Snowdrop again after she turned into Nightmare Moon. And I also agree with Odyssey, I like the snowflake idea!

Back in the day, I felt like one of the few people who preferred Double Rainboom over Snowdrop. Double rainboom put a lot of focus on fun and all, while Snowdrop seemed to try harder to be really serious. A bit too hard in my opinion because the main character is blind and somehow she ends up being bullied and all about that. It's all about someone being dealt terrible cards and overcoming this in the most cliche way these stories are told.

Then again, now I'm just thinking back of an animation I haven't watched in 2 years.

It had good animation and an addition to the fandom I would gladly accept. But I found back then that it got way more praise than some pieces I vastly preferred.

I've had to time to look it over, while the character designs were good, the whole sob story doesn't sit well with me. Near the end was decent, the beginning and middle were poorly executed.

I thought Snowdrop was a little melodramatic, and it didn't so much catch me based off its sad aspect. What I liked about it was its animation and the concept-- the blind pony idea I liked, and I loved the whole snowflake thing. I thought it was all very cute, and it was a lot of fun to watch, though I certainly didn't cry at the end.