Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Should DHX change FIM's theme song?

Soaring Symphony

The theme song we have now is perfectly fine and in my opinion suits the show more than any other opening song could. It irritates me to hear other fans take it for granted. :okiedokielokie:

Edited by Silver Letter
  • Brohoof 1

Pros:

Scenes from all the seasons, which will probably make it longer as time goes on unless they trim some out, but I still like it very much. Featuring every M6, which I like. Good music and would be good if the lyrics are translated for an English version.

Cons:

Unfortunately it's INCREDIBLY long and would eat up commercial time which I know Discovery wouldn't like. I dunno how Italy gets away with it, but a 3.24 length opener would never be allowed in the States due to needing MOAR commercial time. I personally would get bored sitting there every time for three and a half minutes watching the same thing every week. At least ours is quick, and people still skip through it if they have a recording. The same opener gets boring, regardless of how awesome it is, and this one would just get tiresome to wait through every week. Even more so than what we have.

I do like the Japanese one. It features all the M6 also, but is shorter and the music is lively. But that's customary for Japan.

Edited by bronislav84

The current theme song is simple and effective. I would say italian and japanese versions are better songs in general but they are longer and are more like music videos than theme songs. I think it's better for a series to have a shorter intro especially for a show like this. It's not an action packed anime so a short simple one is fine. Kid friendly shows should have short, simple intros that are easy to remember. Besides I think it fits the shows overall theme better.

That's like if you wanted to change the Spongebob theme song because it's not good enough.

Kid friendly shows should have short, simple intros that are easy to remember. Besides I think it fits the shows overall theme better.

Indeed. Those other themes miss the point especially with their lack of a unique opening video/animation.

Pros:

Scenes from all the seasons, which will probably make it longer as time goes on unless they trim some out, but I still like it very much. Featuring every M6, which I like. Good music and would be good if the lyrics are translated for an English version.

Cons:

Unfortunately it's INCREDIBLY long and would eat up commercial time which I know Discovery wouldn't like. I dunno how Italy gets away with it, but a 3.24 length opener would never be allowed in the States due to needing MOAR commercial time. I personally would get bored sitting there every time for three and a half minutes watching the same thing every week. At least ours is quick, and people still skip through it if they have a recording. The same opener gets boring, regardless of how awesome it is, and this one would just get tiresome to wait through every week. Even more so than what we have.

I do like the Japanese one. It features all the M6 also, but is shorter and the music is lively. But that's customary for Japan.

How many times do I have to say this?????  That video was the extended version of the song.  It's normally only about a minute or so. 

How many times do I have to say this?????  That video was the extended version of the song.  It's normally only about a minute or so.

Considering that's the first time I've seen you say this, as many times as it takes. :P

I would be perfectly okay with DHX changing the theme song. 

It would be awesome if it changed into the first EQG movie theme (it would have to be a shortened version though due to commercial time).  While I don't hate the regular theme song and kind of like to an extent it's not something I would really defend or ask to be left alone.  Although after 5 seasons it would be hard to get used to another theme song.  Plus I don't really think we would get a changed theme song other than the scenes taking place in it like at all.

That's like if you wanted to change the Spongebob theme song because it's not good enough.

I like the analogy, but for me, after (like I said) years of hearing the jingle on commercials, I've come to sort of equate the intro more with merchandising than with a perfect, recognizably unique theme designed just for the show, like what Spongebob has.

I would be okay with a new theme song or not. It doesn't really matter to me. I think in keeping with the tradition of western cartoons they could keep the song but change the opening animation. I know they already have changed it a bit, but they could be more drastic. Add some shots of the CMC or something.

I love the US theme. That being said... I do feel like it's time for a change. :) I always like it when shows change the theme songs/openings for every couple of seasons. 

The Italian and Japanese ones put the US one to shame though, lol.