Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Ask Stallionslaughter (Pony Metalcore Band)

Stallionslaughter

(edited)

(This looks fun, so I thought I'd make one.)

Stallionslaughter is a three-pony metalcore band.

post-30430-0-83415500-1431309960_thumb.jpg

Vocals - Shining Seashell; Pegasus

Guitar/Bass - Peppermint Flitter; Unicorn

Drums - Floor Tom; Earth Pony

post-30430-0-58186600-1432412474_thumb.jpg

We are Stallionslaughter.

We'll be happy to answer personal, technical, or creative questions.

Critics welcome! We're not easily offended.

Edited by Floor Tom

• 2 weeks later...
(edited)

Hello.  What guitar(s) and amp do you use?  :)

Peppermint Flitter: Hi, there!

I actually don't use an amplifier for recordings anymore. For practice and recording, I use a Scarlett 2i2 and I monitor with Sennheiser HD 380 Pro headphones. The Scarlett is the upper end of Focusrite's USB interfaces, and the price is very reasonable while the 380 Pro headphones are top quality although the $300 price tag is less than forgiving. The distortion and EQ comes from my MXR Super Badass pedal which, I'd say, is a must for metal distortion. That hundred bucks, which is much more than most ponies would spend on a distortion pedal, was completely worth the buy.

My guitar is an Ltd F-50FR. It's got a solid floyd rose bridge and high-end dual-humbucker pickups, but it's still a low end guitar which requires a lot of post-recording master to achieve massive tone. I think it's the wood and generally cheap construction that just makes for a tinny and unpolished sound in addition to a slight twang in uneven frets. I make due with it for now, but I wouldn't recommend it to anypony other than beginners.

My bass is the four-string bass variant of the F-50 and that is the Ltd F-104. The long neck and active ESP pick-ups are a perfect mix for the Drop Bb tuning that is required. It's my baby, and I have no complaints about that bass. It's a metal master of a guitar.

Shining Seashell: My voice is more of a baritone level, so playing in the more common Drop D and Standard C tuning has a tendency to strain my high notes.

Peppermint Flitter: Even in live shows, I don't use an amplifier. Most bands mic up an amplifier to run through the PA, but I just directly line-in to a Behringer UB1202 and play through two Peavey 215 powered loudspeakers.

I hope that answers your question completely. Thanks for asking!

Edited by Floor Tom
  • Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

Do the other ponies besides Floor Tom represent actual people, or are they completely fictional?

Yes, I know this is an out-of-character question...

• Brohoof 1

Do the other ponies besides Floor Tom represent actual people, or are they completely fictional?

Yes, I know this is an out-of-character question...

It's cool. Needless to say, this is an ooc response:

Yes, they're fictional. I originally had 6 OCs (One for each guitar, bass, vocals, and drums.) But I decided to cut it down to three because it was a lot of personalities to keep track of. Peppermint is based on my wife, and Seashell is based on the vocalist for my former performing band, A Dozen Dead Furs. Floor Tom, obviously, is myself.

Thanks for asking! :)

• Brohoof 1