Have you ever made an idiot of yourself?

Tom Snyder

Yes. Quite frequently. I have social anxiety, so I'm afraid that I'll make a fool of myself, but these fears aren't totally irrational. I've always had a tendency to do stupid shit, but the only difference now is that I'm self-conscious about it. One moment that comes to mind is when I was in Kindergarten. I don't know how we got to this discussion, but we were in grammar class and my teacher asked, "What are hotdogs made out of?" And I thought for a second, and then responded, "Cooked dogs?" and the teacher started laughing.

... Yeah, I'm still not proud of that one :yeahno:

• Brohoof 2

12 minutes ago, luckyjulia said:

Yes. Quite frequently. I have social anxiety, so I'm afraid that I'll make a fool of myself, but these fears aren't totally irrational. I've always had a tendency to do stupid shit, but the only difference now is that I'm self-conscious about it. One moment that comes to mind is when I was in Kindergarten. I don't know how we got to this discussion, but we were in grammar class and my teacher asked, "What are hotdogs made out of?" And I thought for a second, and then responded, "Cooked dogs?" and the teacher started laughing.

... Yeah, I'm still not proud of that one :yeahno:

Extremely relatable.

• Brohoof 2
  • Delighted Giggle 1

15 hours ago, TechnoZ said:

Yes and im literally doing it 24/7... Either i Talk stuff thats Wrong, doing silly stuff... :T

I don't think I make an idiot of myself, but thanks to bullying trauma from 4th grade, I always feel like one.

• Brohoof 1
  • Hugs 1

I work in retail,  its a job detail u need to have......:unamused:

• Shocked 1
  • Sad 1

Of course, and I still do it from time to time, but definitely the worst of them was when I joined a "Artists War" on facebook back in late 2020-early 2022, I should've just avoided it, but unfortunately I didn't. I was very attacked, and I was just a teenager at the time, so it was a very traumatic experience to me, to the point that I was still hugely affected by it all throughout the rest of 2022 and the first half of 2023, so I just couldn't make any friends and I almost stopped sharing my arts on the internet because I just couldn't trust anyone, nor myself and my works. Fortunately I feel a lot better now and all of that stupid "war" is purely past to me and everytime I remember it I just use as a incentive to not make those mistakes anymore. :mlp_smile:

On 2024-06-20 at 5:58 PM, Sparklefan1234 said:

"Have you ever made an idiot of yourself?" Every time I make a post. You're Welcome! 😁

Then we are all idiots :squee:!

• Brohoof 1
  • Sad 1

This idiot moment is video game wise, in Star Wars:  The Old Republic, it was spending currencies for the 340 ranked gear.  But it escaped from me that there's better gear at a different counter in the same room.  The area itself was selling rank 344 Rakata gear (and is the highest ranked).  Now I'm having to grind so many hours for the Conquest coins to afford a single crate of 175 Operation components just to buy the Rakata gear one step a time:lostit:  

• Shocked 1

A quality type distraction in Star Wars:  The Old Republic earlier today.  I switched to my Imperial Agent OC instead of sticking to the Bounty Hunter OC to continue the Manaan storyline.  Was playing the Nature of Progress operation, when I got to the 3rd boss involving giant creatures, was fighting them too much when suddenly,

Spoiler

A subway train ran over me and I died:okiedokieloki:  

Fortunately, I recovered to fight the same boss again as the ops group and I used the train to our advantage for a finish off:ticking:  While our group was dealt another death against the final boss, we got back up to finish one confusing end of an operation.  Despite the idiotic distraction, I racked up achievements and OP-1 components.  

Absolutely. I'm a total airhead lol

I remember on the first day of my very first job, I asked my boss if the large blue bin outside our warehouse was for recycling. She didn't give me an answer, but instead she just pointed at the giant label the read "General Waste." Boy did I feel stupid. :laugh:

• Brohoof 1