Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Should they make a new intro?

cider float

(edited)

They have changed the opening every season as far as I know. In season one when Twilight descends in the balloon, its right in the middle of Ponyville. In season two, when she descends, there is the train in the background (with the CMC on it) also Granny and Big Macintosh are shown. In season three the photo of just the mane six being sent to Princess Celistia was replaced by a group photo of all the characters taken by Photo Finish.

The song is fine, but I think they need to add more characters.

Like Discord, he is reformed and all, shouldn't he be there with Flutters?

Season four added Discord in the window to Fluttershys cottage (during the part when the song says "sharing kindness is an easy feat") Spike is also seen holding the Journal of Friendship in the group photo, and Twilight is depicted with wings. In the season five intro the Golden Oaks library is replaced with Twilight's new castle.

As for the song, it tells the story of Twilight coming to Ponyville and what her friends are all about. The first ten notes of the song are iconic to the MLP brand since the beginning. Spike has been depicted humming this tune, as well as the bat from "may the best pet win" playing these notes on rims of glasses (before shattering the glasses with a high pitched shriek).

EDIT: The group photo taken by Photo Finish was added in season four, not season three.

Edited by colt .45

I don't think they can change it. At least not a lot. There are some shows that change the theme every season. Babylon 5, for example, is one of my favorite shows, and they had a new theme for each season, that reflected what had happened in the previous season(s) and what would be happening in this season. I've seen plenty of shows that do the same. But there are other shows that keep the same theme every season. But by now, they've had the same theme so long that if they changed it, I think it would cause major problems.

That said, as has been pointed out already, they have made minor adaptions throughout, to reflect where the show is going. I like that, and I think that's how it should be. They're not having it exactly the same, but they do need it to be easily recognizable as very similar.

• Brohoof 1

It's the content of the episode that matters, not the intro.  I wouldn't mind if the intro were just a five second shot of the title; we'd get slightly more episode that way. x3  If you're tired of the intro, you could always close your eyes and hum something during.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

The opening of FIM should be a musical with a bunch of the background ponies participating in the dance and chorus backup like "At the Gala."

OR

Just give them a bunch of laser blasters and canons mimic G1 openings.

Edited by Singe
  • Brohoof 1

They should definitely take a cue from G1 when it comes to intros. Remix the same song to a different beat and get flasher.

Season 5 should have opened with Tirek's head orbiting the planet.