Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Slice Of Life: Canterlot (SoL/Romance)

dedacct6

(edited)

Lightning was just clocking out from work, "Later fellas! I'm off for the day" chuckling a little to himself as he left the weather factory, his co-workers really knew how to throw a curveball at him. "Hey!" said a Purple mare, "Hey Lily!" said lightning, "I hear that a new band is hanging around canterlot, thought you might be interested.", "Thanks for the info, I've been meaning to find some new music to listen to, Later!" Lightning broke into a gallop and leaped from the ground, wings spreading wide as he took off for his home, "I should probably grab some gear before I head off to canterlot, maybe I could jam with this new group." He made a loop and skidded to a halt outside his home, pulling out his keys to get inside, almost dropping them in excitement. "alright, I'll need my guitar, a notepad, maybe a couple pics....." he continued to ramble on as he collected his belongings and locked up his home. "Time to see what I can REALLY do." as he pulled his keys from the lock, he broke into his fastest sprint yet and jumped off his cloud, diving to gather speed before opening his wings and rocketing off towards canterlot. "This is gonna be great, hear some new music, make a couple new friends, I can't wait!" As he flew he began to hum a little tune to himself "Soarin through the sky, watching the clouds as the ground rockets by........"  Some time passed and he got carried away in his little tune and didn't notice a small group of fruit bats rocketing up from the ground (WHAM!) Lightning collided with the group and began spiraling toward the ground, managing to pull up, he hit the street and made a loud thud. "Man, I've really need to stop getting so carried away when I sing." He laughed a little and scratched the back of his neck, stretching his wings as he made sure he was ok. "Didn't think I'd get here this fast, its a new record for me" Laughing again as he looked around.

Edited by Lightning Roller

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(edited)

@@Littlecandylulu903

(Woah that came out of nowhere :lol: )

Sketchy jumped as bats flew out of the box "OH MY GOSH!!" He yelled while he ducked as the bats flew overhead. "DANG! Those bats must've been livin' in there for a long time!" He said while ducking and keeping the bats away from flying in his face.

Edited by Pelate

@@Pelate, @@dashian500,

Spelbind got up... "Okay...I think theyre all gone..." she said.

"Yeah..." said the waitress.

"I'll just have an ice cream sundae," said Spellbind.

They went back up just in time to see Serendipity make the bats' wings tiny, then Grell putting them into a bag intending to use them for experiments.

"NO!" cried Spellbind, snatching the bag. "They're living creatures with thoughts and emtoions just like you and me!"

(edited)

@@Littlecandylulu903

@@dashian500

@@Pripyat Pony

Sketchy got out of the cellar and looked around, the bats were gone "well that was a trip..." He said. Sketchy looks at Spellbind stop a pony from putting the disabled bats into a sack for experimentation, he walk up to them "yeah man, don't hurt the poor bats!" He looks at the pony who made their wings small "can you change 'em back? Not here, but somewhere where they won't cause trouble?" He asked

Edited by Pelate

As Lighting looked around, He noticed that he had landed in front of a small café. "Well.... that flight did make me hungry... and that crash didn't help..." So he decided to go inside and see what was on the menu. As he nosed the door open he noticed a few mares and colts bickering over some fruit bats, " So that's where they came from" he said chuckling. He brushed himself off and trotted over to the scene, "I wondered where that group of bats came from, what's going on?"

Grell grabbed the bag with his magic "they will be fine the experiment is revversing spells the caster doesn't know, just because I'm around seat all day doesn't mean I want to cause it" grell said obviously offended "now if you'll excuse me I'm going to go fix these bats and release into the wild where they belong" grell said putting his bag back in its proposed place

@@dashian500,

Spellbind looked at Grell a bit suspiciously before she decided... "Very well," she said. "It seems you have good intentions..."

"However," she continued. "I want to be there watching you as you do so." She still wasn't totally convinced. And if Grell did start doing something other than restoring their wings, she could attack with botched magic from her hidden horn.

@Littlecandylulu903

@dashian500

Sketchy backed up a little "sorry, I was just a bit nervous about it..." He shrugged. Spellbind was still not convinced that it was all good intentions. "So will I..." He stated "I'm just curious on what will happen." Sketchy said, now interested on how this will all happen.

@@Pelate, "Oh my, I'm sorry," Serendipity said, looking at the helpless bats. "I was trying to send them back to the forest where they belong, I didn't expect this to happen. I don't dare try to make their wings bigger, it might go different. You see, that's my talent; happy accidents. It's cuz I'm not a pure blooded unicorn; I'm half crystal pony."

@@Pripyat Pony,

Spellbind briefly considered taking off her hat to show everyone her horn before deciding against it. She had just heard Serendipity give her explanation for the bothced magic and thought she could relate. After all, when Spellbind attempted magic it always had botched results.

Lightning walked over to the brown Pegasus in the group, "Hey, what's going on here? One second I'm cruising through the sky, the next a small group of fruit bats comes out of nowhere and crashes into me, throwing me into a tailspin dive." Lightning looks around at the group as he says this and shrugs his guitar off of his back, leaning it against himself. "Oh, my name is lightning by the way..." he adds

Grell sighs "if you come with me you must stay at least ten feet back and not touch anything I won't be using conventional means in fact I'll be using some dark Magic to do this that wh you mustn't touch anything it'd be detrimental to your health" grell said as he opened the door "if your coming follow me"

@@dashian500,

Spellbind nodded in understanding, making sure that she didn't forget the warnings.

"Ready to go when you are...." she said turning around to look at her newly made aquaintance Sketchy. She remembered that her ice cream sundae was sitting on the table so she stuck her muzzle into it and ate as much as she could quickly.

@@Littlecandylulu903

@@dashian500

Sketchy nodded as Grell spoke about the rules. *this is going to be interesting* he thought, beginning to anticipate the event. "Alright sounds good, keep my distance and don't touch anything." he replied to Grell, and be began to follow Grell and Spellbind to the building.

Lightning huffed a little as the brown pegasus ignored him and left with another mare and colt.

"Guess I'll just go and sit down and grab a bite to eat." He makes his way over to a table and motions for a waiter.

"what'll it be sir?" asks the waiter

"I'd like a hay burger with extra daffodils please." He reaches into his saddle bags and pulls out some bits, "Keep the change."

"thanks sir." says the waiter "I'll be right back with your order"

Lightning half heartedly plucks a few strings on his guitar as he waits for his order.

Grell eslked to his shop since he had company he wouldn't teleport once he arrived there he opened the door and walk inside it was a large open room full of coffins and tombstones he went to the basement going down a set of old creaky stairs he turned on a light to reveal a room full of things for the dark arts

@@Lightning Roller, Serendipity paid for her order and looked around for someplace to sit. There was one spot, next to a pegasus stallion. She took her order of tea and cakes and walked over to that table. "Mind if I sit here?" she asked. "Everyplace else is full. I hope you don't mind."

Lightning looked up from his guitar, "Sure, I don't mind."

A waiter came towards the table carrying a plate, "here is your order sir."

Lightning looked up at the waiter, "Thanks." He looks over to the mare that is now sitting across from him, "My name is lightning, Lightning roller. Are you from around here?"

@@Lightning Roller, Serendipity sat down, putting her tray on the table. "Thank you," she replied. "My name is Serendipity, and I'm from the Crystal Empire. I'm here on holiday; I love going to new places and meeting new ponies. I've already visited Manehatten and Trottingham already."

(edited)

Lightning's eyes widen, "Wow, I live up in cloudsdale myself. I've been to manehattan a few times myself. I like to go and listen to the street musicians, its quite an experience." He takes a bite of his burger, swallowing before continuing, "What's the Crystal Empire like? I heard about it coming back, but I've never been there yet because of work. That and my hobby." He says as he motions to his guitar.

Edited by Lightning Roller

@@Lightning Roller, "It's a beautiful place," Serendipity replied. She loved to talk about her home. "Of course, my mother says that it was very different back when Sombra enslaved the crystal ponies. She was frozen in time when the others were; once the Empire was freed and opened to trade, that's when she met my father."

Lightning looked at serendipity, "So what brings you to canterlot? I'm here looking for a new music group that's supposedly been hanging around here, at least that's what I was doing before I got knocked out of the sky by some fruit bats..." He laughs lightly thinking about it. "One of my co-workers gave me the tip, so as soon as I clocked out I grabbed my gear and took off, I'm always looking for any new music. Music can tell you a lot about a pony, especially what's in their soul."

@@Lightning Roller, "I just wanted to come here and see the sights, tho ponies aren't as friendly here as they were in Trottingham," Serendipity replied. "Those fruit bats were weird; I didn't mean for their wings to shrink, just that my magic never seems to work the way I want it to. I love music; I can sing, but I can't play any instrument."

Lightning snickers "Yeah, ponies here can be pretty stuck up, that's why I only visit this place for the music." He finishes off his burger with one last bite, visibly content with himself. "I love to sing too, its half the reason I have my cutie mark..." He turns his flank to show his cutie mark, "I was always interested in weather and music, but I never thought that it would show itself like this." Lightning's eyes soften as he thinks back. "But enough about me, what would you like to see? I've been here enough times, if you want I could take you to what ever you want to see."