Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Darkness over Equestria (RP)

Reaver

@,

"My young friend, we have all done unreasonable acts this day, including you. But we all have reasons behind them, thought processes that led to action, and I would like to hear them. Learning from ones mistakes, and others mistakes, is how one becomes better as a person" Lunar said to caliber. The pony seemed to hold himself high, and avoid admitting his mistakes. Perhaps in the future, that could change. Lunar hoped so. 

(edited)

"Hmph!" Alex huffed as Tyra was released from her grip. She couldn't believe this mare, the temper on her. Geez. She looked back towards Lunar and the other stallion who, no sooner did she hear, was making his exit with his group. Seeing as everyone was splitting up, she figured she should as well... just to calm herself... Possibly around the company of more... reasonable ponies... "I need to blow off some steam..." She told Lunar, walking past him an towards her once earlier attacker. "If you would still like, I would gladly explain myself to you, and I can still go fetch my things to give you some of that cotton candy I promised." She said, as calmly as her current anger level would allow.

Edited by Alex VanGamer

Radiant heard Amore's comment about letting a past affect you only if you let it. His head looked up to the sky as if he were looking at something, he was picturing his family before him. "Perhaps... perhaps someday." He muttered looking back at Amore. "Perhaps you are right... All i've known is a sheltered life and life of combat training so I never had a chance to let ponies close."

Radiant followed after Amore, he glanced over his shoulder back at their shelter where he had set his bag.

Amorè lite her horn and his bag floated to him. She says, "Who knows when we will be back by to get it."

Amorè then heads towards Alex. As soon as she came near Alex's heart, she stops. The two changeling hating hearts were here and she wasn't in a state to defend herself. She keeps her distance and walks over to the others. "Anything happen while we were away?"

Red was watching the fight with keen interest. None of these ponies... or griffins or dogs... were bandits, she could tell. In fact, none of them wanted to kill each other. Except maybe the other earth pony, Tyra, and Caliber.

She would interfere if it looked as though they would try and kill Caliber. But she was content to watch, smirking slightly as the fight ended.

"Perhaps one should not have attempted to fight one against three," she said lightly to the unicorn, maybe a little playfully. After all, it was exactly what she would have done-- perhaps without the outspokenness-- had Strider not told her to.

(edited)

Strider had been watching the group for a while. Some impulse held him back from protecting Caliber--who had, after all, unwisely begun the fight--and that same impulse gave him an odd feeling as he watched the adorable dog walk away, the haughty earth pony mare glowering at everything, the peaceful halberd-wielding griffin, the new arrivals, and Caliber who was stalking away down the trail.

He remembered his fallen comrades--the members of the first resistance force against Tirek to actually face him in battle. In their deaths, they had tasked him with the eventual defeat of Tirek and Discord. The odd feeling washed over him as he examined the group--dysfunctional, but with some potential roaring underneath.

"You," he said to the griffin. "I know I don't know you, but do you mind bringing the pup--er, the diamond dog--back, and that mad axe mare? You two, come closer please," he said to the new arrivals (Radiant and Amore) who were staying back. "Red, go get Caliber back. Let's all have a group discussion."

Edited by Reaver

Red glanced back at Strider. She turned away, rolling her eyes. Ah, well. Strider did know best. Why he thought a group discussion was necessary was beyond her, but she would call back Caliber.

She approached her unicorn ally. "Come back for a moment," she said, not leaving any room for questions. She didn't know why, and she certainly wasn't going to pretend like she did.

@@Reaver,

Lunar looked to him. "I can try, but I feel she is dealing with a conflict right now. It may be best to wait till she cools down" Lunar said, looking back to the pony, " And my apologies for what happened " He said. He smiled to the new one. " And my name is Lunar, I wish we could have met in a more peaceful way, but none the less, a pleasure to meet you" He smiled, before going off towards Alex. 

Once he caught up to her, he tried to get her attention. " Alex. The pony back there wishes to speak with us. I know you are...angry with us, and are dealing with some stress. But I invite you to come, as he may have something interesting to say, something the you may want to hear" Lunar said, before nodding his head and heading back towards Reaver. 

(( Last post for the night :P ))

(edited)

Amorè walks over keeping a distance from Caliber and Red. She says, "You were a part of the group who faught against Tirek before. I saw your exploits, abeit from a distance."

She felt this one could be trusted and knew a friend could be made. She introduces herself, "My name is Amorè Crystal. Pleasure to meet one willing to face the tyrant. If I was stronger I would have joined you. Even now I don't have the strength to do so."

Chrysteel knows she is taking a gamble with her words, but she also knows he might not out right kill her. She also has Radiant to help if things go south quick.

Edited by Midnight_Aurora

Radiant remained beside Amore since he had walked over with her. He looked at all the ponies around him and stopped his gaze at Red and strider. "My name is Radiant Sentinel, may I have your names especially if your are going to be ordering my allies around?" He inquired calmly still unaware of the small battle that had happened.

Nearby, the smashing of glass and the crashing of wood could be heard coming from one of the buildings, and Tyra was not amongst the group.

Two plus two.

If anypony went around the corner to an abandoned bar, they would find her smashing the furniture and shards of glass bottle around the floor, coupled by exasperated grunts of frustration.

It was better to let her cool off like this than taking it out on anypony else.

Radiant looked back toward the direction of the commotion Tyra was causing and then glances back to the new ponies who had yet to answer. "Sorry I will return soon I should go check on her." He said walking away from the new ponies and the rest of his group.

Radiant built up to a gallop and headed toward the sound of wood and glass being demolished. He soon arrived at the source of the commotion to find Tyra inside swinging her hooves around at anything in reach.

Radiant walked inside shuffling his hooves through bits of broken glass and splinters of wood, he made sure to keep an eye out for anything that could impale him. As he approached Tyra he spoke up. "I think this structure has had enough... don't you? Would you like to talk it out, what happened?"

Tyra perked up as she heard hoofsteps enter the bar, and temporarily halted her rampage to see who it was.

Radiant.

Feeling no anger toward him, she simply looked to him and listened to what he had to say.

She sighed, and gave a small nod, beginning to calm down.

"That sword pony threatened Alex," she explained, her voice a little shaky, "so I leapt in to protect her. We battled, and Lunar stopped us. I had him pinned down, then Alex began yelling at me over what I was doing."

She shook her head. "I do not understand. I was trying to protect her, yet she felt anger toward me. It was like she was defending him."

Radiant used his magic to clear a spot on the floor and he sat down in front of Tyra. "Well Alex seems like the type who doesn't like always being assisted... she feels she can handle herself." He said calmly looking at Tyra. "Judging on her reactions last night it seems she would rather choose a route of negotiation rather then blood shed."

Radiant stood up and walked up to Tyra setting a hoof on her shoulder. "I get where you're coming from Tyra, I raised a fighter myself but that does not mean that is always the route to follow. Look at us we are now allies and yet when we first meant if we both settled our meeting with violence we would not be here right now talking on friendly ground." He assured her hoping he was helping.

Tyra listened to Radiant, and allowed him to touch her shoulder. She simply kept looking downward, thinking about what he was saying.

"I was never taught much about negotiating," she admitted, "My brother is next to become chief of my village, so he was taught about relations with other lands. All I know is how to fight."

She shook her head. "If that pony had not drawn his sword on her, I would not have attacked."

"I know, I know but with a sword against an ally's neck is charging in such a viable option. If that were a true hostage situation Alex would of been dead the second you charged in." Radiant said taking his hoof from Tyra. "I'm sorry to speak against you here but you also had Lunar there who could of talked out the situation. In such situations sometimes it's best to hold your ground while those around you negotiate."

Tyra snorted, still annoyed by the whole situation. Perhaps he was correct; if she could not negotiate, others should instead.

She let out a sigh.

"Very well," she eventually said with a small nod, "however, if any of my allies are attacked again, I will not be held back."

"I know I am the same way... but a hostage situation is a different field then just being attacked." He said starting to turn around to leave the building. "A hostage situation should be handle with finesse not hostility."

Radiant begun leaving the building and glanced back to Tyra. "Come now, we are going to talk to the other ponies to try to rectify the situation, try to keep your weapon on your back but if they so much make a hostile move you are welcome to attack." He insisted leaving the structure and heading back toward the others.

Tyra let out another snort, and nodded. "Very well."

She began following Radiant out of the wrecked bar, the rage out of her system.

She did want to rectify things with the others, though she was still wary about the stallion.

She liked Alex, for sure, so she wanted to make amends with her.

At the same time, with the mood she was in, she did hope somepony would make a hostile move.

Radiant approached the group once again with Tyra. He looked over them all and returned his attention to Red and Strider. "My apologizes for my sudden departure, Tyra should be fine now and we would all like to rectify this situation." He said standing with straight posture. "With bandits and changelings out in the area we don't need to be at each others throats." 

Amorè nods in agreement. "True, the changelings would be the least of our worries at the moment. That small group one had ran before we could talk to them. That one will no dought go back to their camp and tell them of us. The other we shouldn't have to worry about."

Amorè stands next to Radiant. She lets her words sink in.

@@Chip Circuit,

"My thoughts exactly," Strider agreed wholeheartedly, looking at the unicorn gratefully. He had a certain authority about him that made Strider assume he was the leader, but he could never be certain. "I'm sorry that the earth pony--Tyra--was so upset by all that, and the dog as well." He cleared his throat, glancing about the group. Not only would it be dangerous to have this group as enemies, but it would be extremely beneficial to have them as allies. However, for now, it was more necessary to ensure they wouldn't be hostile after the sequence of events.

"My name is Strider. This is Little Red, and that pony's Caliber." He said, gesturing at Caliber, who seemed to still be staying back. "It seems we started off... on the wrong hoof, to say the least," he said lightly. "Red, Caliber, and I are traveling to the Badlands, and I'd rather not leave you all on the wrong hoof." It was, after all, ridiculously stupid to wander off into a pile of enemies while leaving another pile of enemies behind you.

The odd emotion that had brought him back to his memories of the resistance took form, and the idea struck him. Having them as allies, as friends, would help the plan to stop the bandits immensely. A group of eight strong ponies--well, not all were ponies--where previously, there had been three? However, for all he knew, they could be bandits themselves. Bandits tended to be an odd bunch. While he trusted the quick-tempered Caliber at this point, he should tread cautiously around these ponies. So, an attempt at gentle restarts was in order.

"I'm afraid I don't know everyone's names," he said cautiously. "Perhaps we could start with introductions, then?" He sat down, with the air of a pony not planning to leave anytime soon, and not going to allow any other pony to leave either.

Oh, boy. What was with Strider and befriending pones today? And yesterday, too. He has good gut-feelings, she told herself, which she always told herself, but felt as though she had to tell herself this a lot the past day.

She trotted over and stood beside him, not sitting down, watching them all guardedly.

Lunar nodded to Strider, and sat down across from him, giving a smile. " My name, is Lunar, as I said. I am an older fellow, as you have probably guessed, but my age does not slow me down" He said, smiling. " So, it seems we are not the only band of ponies thrown together recently. My my, this is an odd day" Lunar said, looking from person to person. He wondered why they had all decided to come here, and what hand of fate had dealt it.

((I guess my previous introduction to him was ignored. Oh well will make it again.))

Amorè says, "I am Amorè Crystal. Pleasure to meet you. I hope you don't mind me asking, but weren't you a part of that group who faced off against that tyrant a while back. If I would have been stronger I would have joined you."

(edited)

Radiant bowed his head to Strider and Red as he took a step forward. "I am Radiant Sentinel, formerly a member of the resistance of Baltimore. The diamond dog is Alex Van Gamer, I should apologize for her... we were racing and I guess she got caught up in it so thus is really my fault since I invited her on a run with me." He said apologetically. "Last is Tyra, I should apologize for her as well. All she really knows is how to fight, she is not well versed in the ways of negotiation."

Radiant took one more step forward toward strider and Red. He knelt down in front of them bowing his head with his mane almost in the dust. "I apologize for the trouble they caused and will take full responsibility for the actions that ensued because of my inviting Alex on a run." He said staying knelt before them.

Edited by Chip Circuit