searching Exploring and Settling New Lands (OOC) -Open World RP-

AspenSwift

(edited)

i'm trying to figure out how the royal gurad work but it always ends up being they bunch of failures or going into headcannon turf have any ideas

Well, naturally they must be slightly successful, otherwise Equestria would be rampant with criminals! Thievery is canon, and who's to say other crimes aren't? I would suggest that any sort of police force would have to be a form of militia, similar to those of eighteenth century America (Naturally, without the weapons). Relatively informal, little training, yet plenty of enthusiasm? The current level of development and organisation wouldn't be able to support anything more substantial. The first fully unified, state police force wasn't created until the mid nineteenth century, and as we are going for a low medieval setting on the RP (as far as I can tell), an armed militia seems more appropriate. But by all means, do what you want.

One last point;

It is never mentioned in the show that that the royal guard are law enforcers.

(Damn, I hate discussing show canon. It's so hard.)

Edited by ForthEorl
  • Brohoof 2

"Deaf? I'm not surprised with that bloody racket!"- Prince Philip, to a class of deaf children sat next to a brass band
zpbpf.png

@ @Little Red

Don't feel super-pressured to be accurate on the front of the business. Mostly what I was looking for Blitz to help Peregrine with was:

1. Get a plot of land to build the salon on.

2. Get a salon built on the land.

3. Helping Peregrine find somepony to be a reliable business partner who can help with accounting, pricing, scheduling of appointments. Whether that pony ends up being Blitz or another RPer's character as can be arranged, I'm open to the possibilities.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

@ @Little Red

Don't feel super-pressured to be accurate on the front of the business. Mostly what I was looking for Blitz to help Peregrine with was:

3. Helping Peregrine find somepony to be a reliable business partner who can help with accounting, pricing, scheduling of appointments. Whether that pony ends up being Blitz or another RPer's character as can be arranged, I'm open to the possibilities.

She'll be happy to hear that. I think the reason she's been worried about posting is because she wants to find out a lot more about business. :P

Edited by Reaver

@ @Little Red

Oh... well then! Okay! XD Thanks. I'm sorry, I don't wanna mess up. :P

@@AspenSwift,

Should land be free in general? So far, anyway? Or maybe it can be free but you need to fill out some forms of some sort? XD

I'm glad to be back! I had a pretty good time at camp, I did what's called the Drop Zone, where you walk up the stairs inside the rock climbing tower, they strap you to a pulley that slows down the further down you get, and just step off the ledge. It was awesome, considering I'm afraid of heights! I don't even know why I brought that up...

sig-18420.nightwing_by_spider_man91-d7vfphi.png

The size limits on signatures is ridiculous...

Main OC: https://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/guy-manueldj-br0n-3-r4076

I'm glad to be back! I had a pretty good time at camp, I did what's called the Drop Zone, where you walk up the stairs inside the rock climbing tower, they strap you to a pulley that slows down the further down you get, and just step off the ledge. It was awesome, considering I'm afraid of heights! I don't even know why I brought that up...

Sounds pretty awesome!

I'm glad you're back too. :D

That sounds AWESOME. B)  Wish I could do that stuff more often than I do.... D:

(edited)
What kind of camp? Are you a spy?!

My original OC was a spy actually, so was my great grandfather... But no, I am no spy. Wait, that's exactly what a spy would say... It's a Christian sleep away camp, where God is supposed to be the main focus, but he's really only the focus for maybe 2 hours of the day. It has so much for people to do that it's hard to stay focused on Him. I ended up taking some courses that had a Bible study in them though, so I had more time focusing on Him, so I'd say I grew closer to Him. I'll stop there so I don't cause a massive flame war.

Edited by Jellal Fernandes
  • Brohoof 2

sig-18420.nightwing_by_spider_man91-d7vfphi.png

The size limits on signatures is ridiculous...

Main OC: https://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/guy-manueldj-br0n-3-r4076

@ @Little Red

It's okay, prodigal dude! We're making progress now. Think Ever Sharp's owner will be interested in this endeavour?

@ @ForthEorl

I haven't been keeping up to date with every character in the RP, Ever Sharp is involved in the construction projects, right? Think you'd be interested in this venue?

@ @Little Red

I think a time-skip, with a fairly brief explanation of how things went, like if the land cost anything, or if a construction crew would be assigned to the building, etc., would be best.

I'm going to be going off myself shortly.

• Brohoof 1

@,

I'm not really sure. Sharp is not much of a business man, nor a builder. And he is more involved in the deforestation, and by no means in charge. But he could probably give some advice, if you want.

"Deaf? I'm not surprised with that bloody racket!"- Prince Philip, to a class of deaf children sat next to a brass band
zpbpf.png

Oh boy land development, do any of you guys got an idea for a significant villain or conflict to this rp. Cause hostile tribals,monsters, or even a corporate pony trying to dig his roots could make this a lot more interesting.

Oh boy land development, do any of you guys got an idea for a significant villain or conflict to this rp. Cause hostile tribals,monsters, or even a corporate pony trying to dig his roots could make this a lot more interesting.

Not yet, as far as we know, but speaking of tribes...

@@AspenSwift, we were going to have some deer, right? But Starlord never really posted. Can we still have them? <3

I think aspen mentioned discovering something rather suspicious (A fence, or something like that), but as of yet hasn't said what caused it. I suppose he'll tell us in time.

zpbpf.png