Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The "Private" feature why was it removed?

Gone Airbourne

We used to have this feature for everyone here and I liked having that feature way back when it was available. Why was it taken out? Only for mods & admins to use now? It just seems unfair to have an opinion way back then for it to be usurped out of the blue like that. Can't we have that option back? 

• Brohoof 4

We used to have this feature for everyone here and I liked having that feature way back when it was available. Why was it taken out? Only for mods & admins to use now? It just seems unfair to have an opinion way back then for it to be usurped out of the blue like that. Can't we have that option back? 

When we switched from a forum log in to a Poniverse log in the option had to be severed. That said if anyone wants to go hidden PM an Admin and we'll do it. It has to be done manually.  Basically, the upgrades that we made connecting Poniverse to MLPF (connecting the accounts and all that) created a technical hurdle to putting it back in. 

• Brohoof 6

When we switched from a forum log in to a Poniverse log in the option had to be severed. That said if anyone wants to go hidden PM an Admin and we'll do it. It has to be done manually.  Also, due to the upgrades that we made connecting Poniverse to MLPF (connecting the accounts and all that) this can't be re-implemented due to technical hurdles.  

Alright then thanks for the response to this I appreciate it Jeric.

• Brohoof 3

Alright then thanks for the response to this I appreciate it Jeric.

No problem. That isn't to say it will never come back. The dev team here is always actively working on myriad bugs and enhancements across all of Poniverse. Many sleepless nights. Currently there are several professional developers working on projects from Pony.FM, to PArc, MLPF, etc ... all to improve the overall experience.

:)

• Brohoof 4

Private feature... is there something I dont know???

, the Private status, also known as Annonymous group, is a status where you can navigate through MLPForums without people being able to see which topics do you visit, when do you visit profiles (you don't appear on the Recent Visits list), and nobody can see your last online time, which will be shown as Private .

Before, it was possible to be able to enable it while you were logging in, but Poniverse's new login system doesn't support that function for now, so the only way to be on Private status is to directly conctact an Administrator to be manually moved to the Private group.

Any more doubts? 

• Brohoof 2

• 1 month later...

Closing this feedback request out. due to clean up. If you have more doubts, or any suggestion, please make another topic.

• Brohoof 1