Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Similarities Between MLP FIM(S5) and Legend of Korra Book(Book 4)

Tom Snyder

I think everybody remembers the episode called "The Cutie Map", but seeing Starlight Glimmer's actions, it brings to me a similar situation.

In MLP FIM S5 E1+2, she tries to create equality, but in the wrong way and didn't seem to care about it. She didn't care about the ponies she lied to, made them believe her every word. But in the end, it was her own undoing and she flees, never to be seen again.

Now i want to bring something else in as well:

The Legend Of Korra B4 features a woman wanting to do the same thing, bring about equality, and she too is misguided, she believes that by controlling every part of the earth kingdom, that she's making it a better place. So Korra decides to fight her, the loser backs down and will not interfere with the other's actions. The leader of this army loses too, same as Starlight did; all due to her ideals being set too high and her judgement being clouded.

So these two have somewhat the same plot, but each going about it differently than the other. But if made a mistake, feel free to correct me. I won't hold it against you, but i will try my best to make my point. 

Starlight Glimmer reminds me more of Amon in Book 1 of Korra. Sure, there are some differences between Starlight and Kuvira, but not too many.

Both Starlight and Amon gathered a bunch of other individuals by talking about how bad a certain thing is and how it's abused by certain characters towards those who are weaker. So obviously, Starlight's case is how she talks about cutie marks are unfair to those with no talents and how differences could only cause bitterness, while Amon's case is how people that can bend can use that power to kill those who are non-benders. But in the end, both of them were found to be frauds. Starlight has a cutie mark and is very skilled at magic, while Amon is shown to be a Waterbender. There are also many other similarities between the two, but this is probably the biggest one.

Both had too big of ideals, which they suffered the consequences afterward; Kuvira learned that the same way Amon did. But she was a lot harsher about it then amon. But yes, is see your point and agree to an extent. Both were almost at the same level, i suppose.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I never really thought of it that way. Plots in general are unoriginal, but it's all about how you go about it that makes watching it entertaining, if you search through any other tv shows I'm sure you'll find similar themes throughout; these are called 'tropes'.

Edited by Guest