Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Scientists have built artificial neurons that fully mimic human brain cells

Shanks

Triple jinx bahahaha

But no. I do not want to be enslaved by damn dirty apes. Thank you very much.

Why don't we test on humans first before even think about messing with mother nature. Unless you want the irrational animal activists starting riots.

Triple jinx bahahaha

But no. I do not want to be enslaved by damn dirty apes. Thank you very much.

Why don't we test on humans first before even think about messing with mother nature. Unless you want the irrational animal activists starting riots.

We've been "messing with mother nature" since we invented farming. Of course this technology will be used on humans first, that's what it was invented for.

At the same time though, again, the moment any kind of radical advancement is suggested, <insert sci-fi movie here>. I thought I watched too many movies.

We've been "messing with mother nature" since we invented farming.

Right right. My bad heh

Domestication and cross-breeding is just a little tiny bit different from enhancing the intelligence of animals though. Or have we done something similar before and I just don't know because I'm usually clueless like that ...?

Right right. My bad heh

Domestication and cross-breeding is just a little tiny bit different from enhancing the intelligence of animals though. Or have we done something similar before and I just don't know because I'm usually clueless like that ...?

No, I'm not saying it's exactly the same thing just that anyone who wants to drop to their knees for Mother Gaia better be sure they aren't living in a house or wearing clothes or having eaten anything that wasn't plucked right from the branch, and one they didn't grow.

• Brohoof 1

I would totally support animal uplifting!

It really has the potential for so much... We could hire fish to help clean the ocean, birds to help map uncharted lands, cheetahs as deliverymen! It'd be awesome!

• Brohoof 2

It really has the potential for so much... We could hire fish to help clean the ocean, birds to help map uncharted lands, cheetahs as deliverymen! It'd be awesome!

@@Steel Accord, Why does this sound so familiar ... like from some movie I could have sworn I saw ...? lol 

Not to mention it would be new forms of intelligent life. It would be interesting to see what kind of cultural differences and similarities they would develop.

@@Steel Accord, Why does this sound so familiar ... like from some movie I could have sworn I saw ...? lol 

Really? Tell me if you remember the title because that sounds like an awesome flick.

(edited)
Really? Tell me if you remember the title because that sounds like an awesome flick.

I just remember seeing some movies where animals could talk and they lived in peace with humans ... there must be several like this haha, can't think of any specific name though.

It would be interesting to see what kind of cultural differences and similarities they would develop.

Oh, and what religions they would practice would be interesting.. 

Edited by Cassandra
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

I just remember seeing some movies where animals could talk and they lived in peace with humans ... there must be several like this haha, can't think of any specific name though.

Oh, and what religions they would practice would be interesting.. 

Well yeah, Who Framed Roger Rabbit is one.  :P

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 

I agree but I thought it best not to mention it around Hocus.

Although seriously, would they develop their own, would they adopt human ones? My vote is a mix of both options depending on the individual.

Edited by Steel Accord

• 2 weeks later...

If that is true, it could expand the life cycle of a human by decades probably. This is incredible. :D

While this would be fantastic if it did happen, most humans do not die from aging related neurological symptoms.

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/282929.php

Heart disease and cancer are the leading causes of death. Pardon if I misunderstood your comment however haha

• Brohoof 1