Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general Have humans done anything good for Earth?

Flying Pencil

Have humans done anything good for earth  

8 users have voted

1. 1. Have humans done anything good for earth

• Yes
    • No

Humanity is Earth's greatest gift to the universe. While we may pollute and damage the environment, that will inevitably be fixed once we advance far beyond our own technology. I am not a misanthrope, I have hope and faith in humanity's ability to succeed. 

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

What does humans doing good for the Earth mean? The Earth is not a rational entity with its own subjective preferences: there is no preference scale of Earth to which humans can adhere. The Earth is "indifferent", so to speak, to whatever happens to it. If someone were to say something akin to "life flourishing on Earth is good for it", that statement is a human preference about the Earth, but not the Earth's own preference for it cannot have any.

Edited by Luna the Great of all the Russias
  • Brohoof 1

3 hours ago, -Solstice- said:

Humanity is Earth's greatest gift to the universe. While we may pollute and damage the environment, that will inevitably be fixed once we advance far beyond our own technology. I am not a misanthrope, I have hope and faith in humanity's ability to succeed. 

Either that or we just go extinct and earth would be fine without us😂

Actually I think earth is trying to kill us now? 🤔

1 hour ago, Luna the Great of all the Russias said:

What does humans doing good for the Earth mean? The Earth is not a rational entity with its own subjective preferences: there is no preference scale of Earth to which humans can adhere. The Earth is "indifferent", so to speak, to whatever happens to it. If someone were to say something akin to "life flourishing on Earth is good for it", that statement is a human preference about the Earth, but not the Earth's own preference for it cannot have any.

Is it? Or maybe we just don't understand it?

Before we thought animals were irrational beings.... Actually it is us who are more irrational? 🤔

Moments ago, -Solstice- said:

@Kujamih

Every moment our lives, we are being slowly killed by diseases and viruses. The human body is resilient, and not to be underestimated. 

True! and earth is finding more ways to kill us, heck we are even helping it killing ourselves! That's how freaking resilient we humans are! Hence why I think earth underestimated us and now paying the price... 🤣

• The topic was locked