Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Should Sunset stay in the human world or go back to Equestria for good?

SunsetShimmerStan

This has been a nagging question for a while, would one prefer to theorize that Sunset would return to Equestria or live out the rest of her life in the human world?

Personally, I theorize she'd live the rest of her life in the human world considering the close bonds she has with the Rainbooms and everyone in the human world and it'd be pretty disappointing and sad if she ended up leaving them in the end for Equestria. Especially considering she didn't really have much a connection to anyone in Equestria aside from Princess Twilight and Princess Celestia (and later Starlight Glimmer in Movie Magic) so it feels like it'd make more sense for her to live out the rest of her human life in the human world, occasionally using the portal to visit Equestria once in a while and communicating to Princess Twilight via the journal.

As for what she'd do for a living as an adult, maybe she'd eventually become the principal of Canterlot High after Celestia retires (paralleling Princess Twilight succeeding Princess Celestia as ruler of Equestria), inspiring students into their own friendships for the next generations.

I personally doubt they would've actually had Sunset leave the human world for good and cut off all contact with her human friends if they had gotten Equestria Girls a proper finale. I doubt they'd spend several movies, specials, and shorts focusing on the girls' friendship if Sunset did get permanent separation.

Heck, Forgotten Friendship even has Sunset get her memories of the human world back immediately after they're removed so that does imply to me that they wouldn't go for her cutting contact with the human world. Especially when we have pony Twilight still being in contact with the rest of the Mane 6 even when moving to Canterlot as princess.

The deleted homesick plot in Friendship Games also ended with Sunset choosing the human world over Equestria.

I think even one of the writers mentioned Sunset's true home is the human world, so I'm positive she'd spend the rest of her days there (maybe becomes a teacher at Canterlot High) with occasional visits to Equestria and using the journals to message Twilight and Celestia.

• Brohoof 1
  • smile 1

1 hour ago, North Star said:

always seen her as an only foal. nothing tying her to her hooves. her future is all hands

I see what you did there.

But personally they should make a movie about this.

IMO she should stay in the human world, after all, the human world is better than Equestria (at least in my opinion) and she has lived there long enough to get accustomed to it. 

• Delighted Giggle 1
  • smile 1

I think that I'd prefer Sunset to stay in the human world, but that might depend on what happens if she ever meets Human-Sunset. Then again, I also ship Sunset with Sci-Twi. 

She's clearly a lot more comfortable in the human world at this point, so unless something terrible happened there'd be no reason for her to want to go back. Her only connection back to Equestria is Princess Twilight, who has easy enough access between the two worlds to be able to visit anyway. Although the paradoxical potential of Sunset running into actual-human-Sunset feels weird to think about :lie: (potentially something you could right a special about, even! :derp:)

• Brohoof 1

10 hours ago, Nightlight1313 said:

She's clearly a lot more comfortable in the human world at this point, so unless something terrible happened there'd be no reason for her to want to go back. Her only connection back to Equestria is Princess Twilight, who has easy enough access between the two worlds to be able to visit anyway. Although the paradoxical potential of Sunset running into actual-human-Sunset feels weird to think about :lie: (potentially something you could right a special about, even! :derp:)

Well, the special was written, just never produced! 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
1 hour ago, Nightlight1313 said:

Aw, really? That's a shame we'll never see it :(

Maybe IDW could turn it into a graphic novel. I dunno If Hasbro would give approval for that. There's a post about the treatment somewhere that quoted an article from Equestria Daily. 

Edited by Otaku-sempai
  • Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Otaku-sempai said:

Maybe IDW could turn it into a graphic novel. I dunno If Hasbro would give approval for that. There's a post about the treatment somewhere that quoted an article from Equestria Daily. 

A comic of that would be nice! They're still making G4 comics, so it's not totally impossible. Maybe once they run out of other ideas :p

I remember hearing about *somebody* cutting off IDW, was that Hasbro or someone else?

• Brohoof 1

7 hours ago, Nightlight1313 said:

A comic of that would be nice! They're still making G4 comics, so it's not totally impossible. Maybe once they run out of other ideas :p

I remember hearing about *somebody* cutting off IDW, was that Hasbro or someone else?

You might be thinking of a tweet from Nick Confalone about the Equestria Girls animation: 

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Otaku-sempai said:

You might be thinking of a tweet from Nick Confalone about the Equestria Girls animation: 

Oh! I've never seen that before! That's such a cool premise, I really wish they'd make that into an annual or something

• Brohoof 1

• 2 months later...

I imagine she would stay in the human world, since that's where all of her closest friends are. :awwthanks: She's clearly much more comfortable living as a human, and doesn't have any connections in Equestria apart from Princess Twilight and Princess Celestia.

• Brohoof 1