Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Crystal Of Darkness

Skylord Nexus

Helvard watched as the drunken pony threw his drink back up and staggered off, and let out a hearty laugh. "Reminds me of back home!"

He lowered his head to enter the small door to the inn, some of the patrons going silent as they turned to look at this giant of a pony in the room. It did not bother the large viking though; the rustic feel of the inside reminded him of the tavern at home, which he would often frequent for a good evening.

"Would anypony like a drink?" He asked his group, a more excited smile across his face, "I am sure I can spare some bits for us all!"

"Save your bits," Aria said in exasperation. "There is no point wasting them on this place if the conditions are not even ideal. I've got this." She wandered over to the innkeeper, a rather decrepit looking stallion who seemed to be made of naught but wrinkles. "Excuse me, sire," she began, putting on her most sophisticated Manehatten impression. "My friends and I have traveled quite a ways on sore hooves and aching stomachs. If it is alright with you, might we pay our fare with entertainment, instead?" She nodded to the guitar upon her back, and then looked about the room of drunkards lost to the drink. "I am sure you are aware that merriment is oft more profitable."

• Brohoof 1

As Awilix heard some one is talking about free drink she quick looked back at Helvard,and with big smaile on her face said "If your buying,im drinking!" Awilix looked at Helvard to see if he will relly buy her a drink or not.'If this go well,I belive I will have to keepp this one with my.' She thinked.

"Drinking chalange?" Awilix said "I beter skip thet." She picked up key from her room "I wish you best of luck in your games,I belive my godess wish it too.Hope the beter one win".And then she quicked stended up from fire and rushed to her room.She hoped she did not have to get out of it tonight,but night was still young and annything could happen.

Crescendo laughed "A drink eh? I'm always down for a drink" Said the giant martial artist as he walked towards Helvard. He suddenly got a brilliant idea. "Hey Helvard, how about we do a drinking contest? I'm sure it wil be fun" said Crescendo with a challenging smile

Helvard's ears shot up from Crescendo's challenge. If there was one thing a Shatterhoof would never do, it was back fown from a challenge. Especially one of drinking. A strong drinker was well respected in Trotstheim.

"A drinking match, you say?" He repeated, a wide smirk crossing his face, "Very well, but we require something to fight for."

He looked around for some inspiration, and tapped his hoof on the floor as it came to him.

"The loser pays for the winner's room as well as their own."

Edited by Unicorncob

"I'm going to go to bed early since I'm really tired and I don't drink much anway. Have fun you all! Goodnight" Aurai said with a big smile. She then walked of towards one of the rooms and made herself comfortable on the ground. She was gone within minutes, the day had really tired her out.

Edited by Pucksterv

Whilst some of the group grew boisterous, Aria had received her permission to play from the innkeeper. Glancing over at Helvard and Crescendo, she debated whether or not she should tell them the drinks were free. Deciding that it would be more amusing to watch their impending debilitation, she sauntered towards the fireplace. Fortunately the mare and the griffon had retired early. Though she did not hold much regard for them just yet, she felt it would not have been fair to the reserved pair.

Sitting upon a stool, she retrieved her guitar from its security and was momentarily captivated. This would be the first time in weeks that her hooves would dance across the strings as they had so reluctantly refused to do in light of meeting the group. Releasing a breath she was not aware of holding, she took position. "Good thing you are on my side," she murmured, a dangerous smirk playing across her lips. Now she would see just what magic the unicorns had wrought upon her instrument. A quick percussive stroke signaled for the attention of the patrons. She would need to weave the magic in early lest they lose interest. And now, we play. 

She started off with a series of legatos across several scales. The fluid movements rapidly flowed into a seemingly single mellifluous note. The eyes of those listening seemed to become unfocused, and the atmosphere within the room took on a warmer, cozier feeling. Now she changed to a jaunty staccato, and the listeners seemed to relax into their seats, resuming whatever activities in which they had been engrossed before she had interrupted. Yet slowly before her eyes, the night that was originally filled with drunken mingling degraded into a raucous revelry. She eyed Helvard and Crescendo ferociously attempting to drink each other under the table in a corner. Whoops, she thought wryly. The floor became increasingly slick with spilled alcohol, which seemed to cause some of the stallions some grief. They seemed to get over it quite quickly, however, whenever they threw down some extra bits for another tankard.

Not wanting to do irreversible damage, she began bringing the speed of her playing to a walk, and eventually transitioned into a lullaby. Slowly, but surely, the room grew steadily quiet. The sounds of drunken snoring emanated from the odd stallion or two, but most heads just seemed to be nodding wearily. Giving her guitar a quick pat on the neck, she once again secured it to her back. She spied the hiccuping Helvard and Crescendo, looking drowsy and rather bemused. As she passed the innkeeper, she noticed the counter-top littered with bits. "I think that should suffice as payment," she remarked, and silently retired to the room in which Aurai rested.

• Brohoof 2

As Awilix walked in side of her room,frst thing she done is light up the candles is her room so it dont look so dark.To her this day was long,frst some strange thing almost killed them in forest,then she learned her amulet is strong litle thing,and then they had to walk,and walk.She almost forgot how clean and beautifull she looked when this all started.Now if she would to look on her self,her mane was dirty and by looks of it in this Inn she could not wash it.Her hooves hurted her from all the walking and she had onli one thing on her maind-to go to sleep.She pulled out a moon amulet from her bag and placed it next to the candles so her Godess could wach ower them not to fade away and make her room dark onces again.

• Brohoof 1

Crescendo could feel the liquors effects on the sixth drink they chugged. Damn, this guy can drink! Thought Crescendo. He was excited to see someone who doesn't pass out from two beers. The seventh beer went down his throat. He was starting to hiccup. "Man this is some strong stuff" Said Crescendo to his opponent.

Crescendo could feel the liquors effects on the sixth drink they chugged. Damn, this guy can drink! Thought Crescendo. He was excited to see someone who doesn't pass out from two beers. The seventh beer went down his throat. He was starting to hiccup. "Man this is some strong stuff" Said Crescendo to his opponent.

Helvard gave his head a vigorous shake as he slammed down another empty tankard. He wiped his muzzle of his seventh beer, able to match Crescendo drink for drink.

"Aye, but I am not ready to surrender!" He declared, feeling the slightest buzz inside him, "Bring forth another drink!"

Helvard gave his head a vigorous shake as he slammed down another empty tankard. He wiped his muzzle of his seventh beer, able to match Crescendo drink for drink.

"Aye, but I am not ready to surrender!" He declared, feeling the slightest buzz inside him, "Bring forth another drink!"

Crescendo smirked at the twin giants attitude. "Thats the spirit!" Shouted Crescendo and downed the eight beer. He shook his head. He could feel the nausea, but he was not going down before Helvard. "Another drink!" Shouted Crescendo. He chugged the beer. After the nineth beer, Crescendo became a bit wobly on his legs.

After the drinking contest Crescendo and Helvard colapsed onto the floor and fell asleep.

The sun had risen on this new day and it was time for the team to set out into the Everfree forest this may well be the last time that they see civilisation but with Equestria on the line the team had to get to the 'Castle Of The Two Sisters' where hopefully there would be more information about where the next amulet was. 

Awilix opened her eye as the sun reached her head.She looked around the room to see if the candle she lighted up lest night was still burning.But it didnt,like anny other night it was out,and litle smoke was rising from it.Awilix smailed at the candel and litle moon amulet she left there lest night and with stil sleepy voice said "Oh godess,whay dont you keep it light up all night." She yawned and stended up.She got close to the dore and unlocked it, and as she opened dore to exit the room she look at the window. As her eyes looked at it,she could see her reflection - she wached at her reflection for couple of moment before she realize thet her hair was in total mess.She slamed the dore and rushed back in side of the room she knowed she could not fixed her hair with out anny water,but she had a brush and she had to try at list to make something out of, she could not walk outside looking like this - what would other said if they would see her like this,and more importantly what would her godess said if she would see her like this.

Edited by Primordus

Helvard grunted as he regained consciousness, finding himself looking at the ceiling. He was sprawled out on the hardwood floor, and covered in tankards.

He got up and shook himself, trying to shake off the buzz in his head. He had certainly enjoyed his drinking match with Crescendo, despite not knowing who had won.

He wasn't sure where the unicorn was either...

Crescendo was under three collapsed chairs. He slowly opened his eyes but regretted it when they were nearly burned from the harsh sunlight. He grunted as he got up. He held a hoof to his head, hoping to stop the throbbing headache. "Damn i have drinken alot" Said Crescendo out loud. He looked at himself. "Wow, i even look like it" He looked towards the bathroom and walked towards it. Hoping to celan himself up a little before they left

Awilix tryed her best to fix her mane,but she could not do perfect job as her mane still looked a litle fluffy from her bad.She picked up her things from her room - mainly her moon amulet and her spear.And walked to the main from of this Inn without smaile on her face,as she was disappointed she could not fix her mane anny beter.As she walked in she could see Helvard and Crasendo were down here and by looks of it they probably sleeped here.Awilix was not in a mod to be kaind,and so as she tryed to speak to them she seen Crescendo going to the bathroom.And onli Helvard have been left here."So will you be ready soon?We should move." She was looking at Helvard as she was saying this with almost rude tone in her voice.Her face did not had smaile as she had lest night towered Helvard.

The light crept slowly across her face until she could ignore its warmth no longer. It was both emboldening and protective, inviting her to explore what gifts it had blessed upon the world, yet attempting to return her to a peaceful slumber so that she may not gaze upon its cruelty. Opening her eyes slowly to the world around her, she found herself immersed in rich tones almost too vivid to percieve, augmenting everything, diminishing nothing. Such was the effect that she almost did not recognize the griffon with whom she had shared the room. No longer did her coat take on a melancholic hue of blue that was so befitting of her personality. What replaced it was the gleam of the purest sapphire, exuding an air of radiance about her that she most surely would never behold in her waking moments. What visions such as these see fit to grace the world with such ethereal beauty?

Curtains fluttering on whispered breath drew her attention from the transformation, and she floated towards the source with a poise not normally assumed by her hooves. The billowing blinds beckoned beguilingly, yet she did not feel unwont to their call. A portentous sight awaited her at the window, a stark contrast to the world within. Though the sky was filled with joyous golds and blazing reds, the ground could not have seemed any less inviting from where she stood. Like everything else, the darkness of the Everfree forest seemed enhanced by the light of the sun. Seemingly innocuous trees produced the most sinister of shadows, stretching across the ground like tendrils threatening to consume all but the brightest of inner-light. She could not shake the feeling of unease until she retreated to the sanctuary of the radiant room.

Hoping that such sights were physically elusive, she gently roused the griffon from her slumber. It would not do to postpone the inevitable; she intended to meet fate purposefully and determinedly whilst she still had some courage about her. "I'm afraid we must be off," she whispered gently into the waking griffon's ear.

Aurai was dreaming, dreaming about her city, her home and her friends. Until this dream was interrupted by a gentle whisper against her ear. Aurai gave a small groan and stretched her paws and claws. She looked up from the ground that had been her bed for the night, noticing the pony at her side.

"Goodmorning." She said soft out of shyness but mostly out of her sleepiness. "I guess it's time to go then?" Aurai stretched her wings before fully standing up from the ground.

Edited by Pucksterv
  • Brohoof 1

"I think we both have, friend," Helvard chuckled, rubbing the sand from his eyes as Crescendo excused himself to use the bathroom. He definitely recalled that he was having a good time last night.

He smiled as Awilix approached, though she seemed rather upset.

"Good morning to you, my friend," He greeted anyway, before addressing the problem, "Is something the matter?"

"No,everything is just great." Awilix said sarcasticly to Helvard.She was still angry,and thet was showing in her voice as she talked to Helvard."I see you did not get a room,so I belive evrything you need is with you?" Awilix sat down next to the one smaller table,and awaited Helvard answer.

"Aye, I have everything I need with me," Helvard confirmed, nodding to the saddlebags strewn across his back.

He turned back to look at Awilix, a frown of concern across his face as he noticed her tone of voice. "Is something the matter, my friend? You seem to be upset about something."

• Brohoof 1

'If he dont see it,maybie it can be thet bad....right?' Awilix thinked as heard Helvard making same question for a second time.It was almost like a quick smaile gone over her face,but it was small and quick , and right after her gone back to board one from a moments ago."If we could get out of this place today,noting would be the matter." Awilix replaiced anger in her voice with boreder as she was saying her lest sentence.

"If we could get out of this place today, nothing would be the matter."

"Well I must say that for once I agree."

Having sauntered downstairs, Aria could not help but overhear the pair's exchange. Accepting a fresh bowl of daisy soup from the innkeeper, she sat herself down at Awilix's table. "I must say, I enjoy this passive aggressive banter you two have going on," she playfully teased, lazily taking a sip of soup. "So how soon shall we be off?"

Helvard's frown remained unmoved, not really appreciating this new attitude of Awilix's. He put on a light scowl for a split second, before his attention was brought to Aria making her presence known.

He raised an eyebrow at the second mare's comment, then blinked at her question. Had he been elected the leader of this group?

Nonetheless, his experience as a leader took charge. "We shall be off when everypony is up and ready. We will gather outside, then make for the forest."