private Sombra's Shadow

Pucksterv

Psych listened intently as he tried to avoid bumping into ponies. While its understandable that they would only be here shortly, he wondered if Harcourt would have any differing say on the matter. He supposed that they would just have to wait for his return to see his opinions. As for now, the main thing on his mind was getting to the house and resting, then possibly going out to find Wing. But first, rest.

• Brohoof 1

post-3479-0-68552300-1361330583.png

The Troubled Fighter: Paradox The Creative Romantic: Skyline The Blind Psychic: Psych

Signature: CrystalRose & MatrixChicken

@@JonasDarkmane, Jinx laughed in evil glee as she saw the map and accompanying message materialise in front of her. She immediately went to see Sombra, levitating the map and note in front of her as she trotted to the throne room. She knocked on the door first, out of the respect that the Archmage naturally felt for the King.

• Brohoof 2

NightmareRaritySig_zpsap0jexfw.png

Signature and avatar by Pucksterv.

Want an Equestria Girls version, a pixel pony, or an Equalised version of your OC? Go here for links to shops here: https://mlpforums.com/blog/2506/entry-16610-details-of-my-shops/

@@Stardust*,

Trivy gave a small sigh. She was getting tired and was really looking forward to sleeping in a normal bed again, if there were any of course. "Will there be any beds to the place we're going?"

@@Count Paradox,

After playing around with her new friend, wing quietly snuck back to group. She walked up behind Psych, silently. (Eventhou she knew he would probably here her) "Peekaboo!" She shouted loudy to him followed with a giggle.

• Brohoof 1

Psych had sensed her nearby and gave a tiny smile, but pretended not to notice she was there. When she attempted to spook him, he let out an obviously fake gasp and fell over, pretending to have fainted. When she got close, he grabbed her and hugged her, laughing. "Did you have fun exploring with your new friend?"

• Brohoof 2

The Troubled Fighter: Paradox The Creative Romantic: Skyline The Blind Psychic: Psych

As they neared the enterence of Stardust's home her and a mare were chatting. 

"And thanks for letting us stay at your place. Although, we don't plan to stay here very long either. We're actually planning on taking the boat to the griffon kingdom. This city won't be able protect itself and its citizens forever." The mare said. 

"You're kidding... that is where I'm headed in a couple days. I have been studying my maps and that is where I am going to look for the first shar....uhm. That is where I am going to look for... uhm. safety." She wasn't sure if it was safe to tell these strangers just yet about her maps and plans about her hopeful search for the shards to defeat Sombra. 

The mare had question, "Will there be any beds to the place we're going?" she asked. 

Stardust replied, "Not really beds per say, but I do have plenty of blankets and a couple extra bales of hay you can use to lay on the ground, or turn the blankets into hammocks." 

With that they were at her home, it was a run down observatory that looked so run down that no one would ever want to stay there. Stardust flew to the door but instead of pushing the door open she bent down and pulled a latch that was in the ground. A trap door sprung open and there were stairs that were leading under ground.

"Please, after you, and if you feel something weird don't worry, it us just a shield that protects us from any type of detection spells. Once we are inside no one will know we are here, not even the guards." 

• Brohoof 2

@@Stardust*,

Trivy went through the trap door downstairs. "You're gonna look for the shards right?" She said with a little smug face. "You want to find the elements of harmony and be a hero. Stop looking. They're long gone, they were destroyed along with its tree after the death of Princess Twilight."

@@Count Paradox,

"Yeah! He showed all his secret hideouts and we played tag. He also told me about the boats. He said the boats didn't sail anymore, not since two years or so. This means we have to stay here right?" Wing asked curious.

Edited by Pucksterv
  • Brohoof 1

@@Stardust*,

Trivy went through the trap door downstairs. "You're gonna look for the shards right?" She said with a little smug face. "You want to find the elements of harmony and be a hero. Stop looking. They're long gone, they were destroyed along with its tree after the death of Princess Twilight."

@@Count Paradox,

"Yeah! He showed all his secret hideouts and we played tag. He also told me about the boats. He said the boats didn't sail anymore, not since two years or so. This means we have to stay here right?" Wing asked curious.

"Actually, I believe that Trivy is trying to get us to the Griffin Kingdom. Right, Trivy?" He pet Wing's head. "Although we will be here for a day or two, to rest up, maybe restock some supplies. Why? Do you like being here?" He followed the group to the now open trap door and waited for Wing to catch up.
  • Brohoof 2

"Actually, I believe that Trivy is trying to get us to the Griffin Kingdom. Right, Trivy?" He pet Wing's head. "Although we will be here for a day or two, to rest up, maybe restock some supplies. Why? Do you like being here?" He followed the group to the now open trap door and waited for Wing to catch up.

"I do like being here but it's not safe. Chip said he wanted to come with us and Trivy said we take the boats to the griffon kingdom. But how are we gonna go there if the boats don't sail anymore? Chip said the boats haven't been sailing in years." Wing said worried as she followed Psych down the trap door.

• Brohoof 1

He furrowed his brow as he thoough. “Well, that is a bit of a 0rrobllem,.. Although I'm sure that Trivy and Harcourt çan think of some way to get the boats working. Maybe it can be run by magic? And perhaps we can bring your friend allong, but what about his family?"

• Brohoof 2

The dusk air was cool, but the stink of overcrowding took all the pleasure out of it.  Ponies crowded around store fronts and alleyways; some were families, some were extended families, and some were just sitting around, waiting for hopeless situations to change.  The breeze did little to change the atmosphere.

The small gathering of ponies near the Hoof & Mouth Health Clinic were just barely old enough to be without parents.  They eyeballed the other ponies that walked too close to their chosen street corner, and they had the feel of thugs looking for a mark to roll.  They simply sat around, cracking dirty jokes or razzing each other.

A stallion parted from the crowd and headed toward them.  One of them started to intercept him, but another one shook his head.  The confused pony slowly settled back.  The rough who held his buddy back moved forward to meet the stallion halfway, and they took a calm stance next to each other, almost seeming as if they were merely standing on the same corner by coincidence.

"You got the stuff?"

The stallion nodded, and pulled a satchel off his back.  The ruffian almost tore it away from him, and yanked the flap open quickly.  The bounty of foodstuffs inside nearly spilled out onto the ground, but the tough managed to keep things under control.  He stared at all the food inside; it was more than he'd seen in months.

"By Celestia's Ghost... lookit all this!  Where'd you-"

A passing mare tried to get a peek over the punk's flank, but he gave her a look and she hightailed it down the street.  Watching as she left, he then turned back to the old stallion.

"Never mind.  Guess you really ARE legit street.  Fine, here's what you wanted, fresh off the presses."

He carefully pulled out a wrapped piece of parchment, and handed it over.  The stallion opened the wrapping and stared at its contents for a moment.  He looked at the tough with a skeptical eye.

"Now, you're certain this is going to do the trick, aren't you?  I'm not simply being had and walking into a trap, am I?"

"Nope - not a chance.  Got a cousin who works directly in the license bureau; the print's good, the signature's real.  I dunno what you want it for, but ain't my biz - you came through, and that feeds us."

Satisfied, Harcourt nodded to the punk.  He stuffed the parchment away in his hidden pouch, then made his way back towards the street.  Before he got out of low volume conversation range, the punk turned back and looked at Harcourt kindly.

"Oh, and hey... thanks.  Mean that."

The rough returned to his group; a few muttered words, and they picked themselves up and made their way towards the opposite end of town, ready to inhale the food they'd just scored.

Harcourt was already gone.

• Brohoof 2

=====  ( 0=====

Fnord.

He furrowed his brow as he thoough. “Well, that is a bit of a 0rrobllem,.. Although I'm sure that Trivy and Harcourt çan think of some way to get the boats working. Maybe it can be run by magic? And perhaps we can bring your friend allong, but what about his family?"

"Chip said he only has a brother and that he's really smart. That's why chip knows so much about the boats. His brother told him that the boats aren't broken but that the mayor doesn't want them to sail. Why would she do that? Why is the mayor a meanie? Aren't grown ups suppose to be nice?" Wing asked confused.

Edited by Pucksterv
  • Brohoof 1

The mare went first and as she passed through the shield she looked back and spoke, "You're gonna look for the shards right?" She said with a little smug face. "You want to find the elements of harmony and be a hero. Stop looking. They're long gone, they were destroyed along with its tree after the death of Princess Twilight."

Stardust wasn't sure what to say, so she just waited as the rest of the group that was still together got down into her home. She looked around just to make sure no one else was around and then she went below and latched the door. She descended down the stairs and into the main room. She looked to the mare and began to explain herself. 

"Yes, I did mean the shards, my years of research and charts have shown me roughly where the shards would likely be. These maps and research has been passed down from generation to generation of astrologists. They have been placed in a new area each time they were passed down and the only ones who could find where it was all hidden were those who knew where to look based on the stars."

She walked over to the other side of the room and showed the group her pile of charts, maps, and research. "I am not going to give up, and who knows, I might be wrong, but if I am right... then that is just one step closer to stop Sombra. I don't want to be a hero, I just want to help all of these ponies that have given up hope. My father never gave up hope and he fought, and that is why he is gone. My mother... she gave up hope... and I saw her transform into somepony I don't know. That is why I am searching so profusely... to save hope."

She moved into another room and came back with a basket full of food and a water pitcher. "Here, please eat and drink. Rest, get your strength back. We must get your magic back before you try and leave for the Griffon Island. I have a friend that can make it happen. No one will be able to come in or out once I leave, don't go up the stairs after I leave for anything. If your friends come looking for you they will not be able to reach you. I shouldn't be long, I will bring my friend so she can get a good look at you and we can discuss how we will move forward." 

Stardust turned and walked towards the stairs, "I promise I will be back." And with that she was gone. 

• Brohoof 3

Trivy listened to the mares story, she was right. Trivy had given up hope too soon. All things considered, it was hard not to but maybe just like the mare said there was still a slight change for them to find the shards.

"I promise I will be back." And with that she was gone. 

Trivy nodded to the mare and waited till she left the through the hatch. She then started investigating her surroundings, just like Harcourt taught her.

Edited by Pucksterv
  • Brohoof 1

"Chip said he only has a brother and that he's really smart. That's why chip knows so much about the boats. His brother told him that the boats aren't broken but that the mayor doesn't want them to sail. Why would she do that? Why is the mayor a meanie? Aren't grown ups suppose to be nice?" Wing asked confused.

He gave her a rather unconvincing smile. "Well, most adults are nice, but there are a few in this world... Such as Sombra and those who serve him... Who are meaner than anything you'll ever meet. Now, I don't think the mayor is being mean, but something is forcing him to keep the boats unused. I'm sure that we can somehow sneak on a boat and get it running before they catch us. Maybe we can bring Chip and his brother."
  • Brohoof 2

He gave her a rather unconvincing smile. "Well, most adults are nice, but there are a few in this world... Such as Sombra and those who serve him... Who are meaner than anything you'll ever meet. Now, I don't think the mayor is being mean, but something is forcing him to keep the boats unused. I'm sure that we can somehow sneak on a boat and get it running before they catch us. Maybe we can bring Chip and his brother."

"So if the mayor isn't a meanie that means we can just go ask her nicely. Maybe then she will let the boats sail. That's way better than sneaking around. Besides, I'm tired of sneaking around all the time." Wing said giving a little yawn. She walked into the room with the 'beds' and laid down on one. "Really, really tire-.' Wing closed her eyes and gently fell asleep.

• Brohoof 1

He gave her a sad smile as she slept, sitting next to her. "I don't think it will be that easy, sweetie..." He said quietly, talking to both her and himself. He looked up and stared off into the distance, lost in thought. "I don't think anything will be that easy from here out..."

• Brohoof 2

@@Pripyat Pony

The doors swung open. Jinx was greeted by the Captain of the royal guard, Baeltheron. 

"The king is expecting you. Please follow me to his throne, Archmage" he said, referring to her title. He started leading the way, not that it was a long distance, the throne was only a few meters away, however, the captain was only following a routine. 

• Brohoof 2

@@Count Paradox,

After almost falling asleep during her investigation of the place, Trivy sat down on a bed near Psych and Wing.

"She had a busy day I can tell." Trivy said, almost whispered. She looked at the small winged foal at peace. Her belly going up and down as she breathed, something very relaxing about it. "Did she say anything about where she went?" Trivy asked.

• Brohoof 1

Psych sat motionless as Trivy sat next to him. "Yeah, she did, didn't she?" He turned to Trivy. "She said something about her friend having a brother who can work with boats. It might be a good idea to look into it, but there could also be dangers..." He thought for a moment, then said, "Let me go talk to them. With Wing. She can explain I'm good to her friend, then I can explain our problem, and tell them they have a way out if they assist us."

• Brohoof 2

"Why would we need somepony who can work with boats? I mean, if everything is good, the ships towards the griffon kingdom should still be sailing... or are you telling me the ships aren't sailing anymore? Cause that would mean we're stuck here. And that would be a disaster." Trivy said a bit worried. "Did Wing say anything more about it? About the boats?"

• Brohoof 1

"She did say the mayor was no allowing boats so sail here. Sounds like Sombra may have already cast his reach to even here... I don't think it would be smart to confront the mayor on that point, it could get very dangerous..." He looked down to the sleeping filly and sighed.

• Brohoof 2

"Damn it... Just when everything was starting to look better again." Trivy mumbled to herself, angry. "You're right, we can't just step to the mayor with this... Especially if Sombra is involved." She went silent for a moment, as if she was thinking about something very hard, which she was of course. "Maybe there's a way we can get the mayor get to us." She went silent again. "I'll think about it tomorrow. Now it's time to get some shuteye."

Trivy laid down on her bed, or to be more accurate, her ball of hay with a blanket. "Goodnight Psych."

• Brohoof 1

@@JonasDarkmane, Jinx bowed her head respectfully, and followed the captain. She was hoping that she would get another opportunity to try out her new spell; its effects both pleased and amused her. A free pony would be best, followed perhaps by a still defiant prisoner. After all, most slaves were already cowed and did not last long when the spell was put on them; after just one or at most, two runs of the cycle, they lost consciousness.

• Brohoof 2

NightmareRaritySig_zpsap0jexfw.png

Signature and avatar by Pucksterv.

Want an Equestria Girls version, a pixel pony, or an Equalised version of your OC? Go here for links to shops here: https://mlpforums.com/blog/2506/entry-16610-details-of-my-shops/

@

Stardust got to the top of the stairs and went back through the shield, after she was out she latched the door again and recovered it. She moved to the bridge and took off flying. Making sure to show anyone who may be watching that there is no way over unless you had wings. 

She knew that she had to look for her friend, she was going to be the only chance that this group had to get in contact with the Mayor and to get where they needed to go. 

I wonder if maybe she will go with me when I leave. I will have enough supplies for the two of us. Heck, maybe we can join up with the group and all go together, better off in numbers. But then again, that could be to suspicious. Hmm, I will have to talk it over with everyone. 

Stardust was flying over the city within the limits of the flying height. She knew that Aria would be scouting at this time of day. Scanning the roof tops she noticed a shadow flying from roof top to roof top. There she is. With a smile on her face she flew down to meet her. 

She landed on the roof top that Aria was jumping to and the two practically ran into each other. "Aria, it is time, they are back in the observatory. They need your help."

• Brohoof 2

"... and they said she had the other end!  Ain't that rich?"

The elder pony laughed heartily as he finished recalling yet another story from his older days.  He shook his head, then gave a sigh as he looked over at his guest.

"Welp, I think I've done enough jawbonin' for one night, haven't I?  You've been great company, you know?  Haven't had such fine company since... well, since the last time I worked for Celestia.  Now THERE was a fine lady, she was.  Never cross with the troops, always had time for a problem, no matter how small... I tell ya, things just ain't been the same since... well, you know, am I right?"

The old stallion sitting across from him nodded in agreement.  The buttered toast they'd been munching on sat in its tray, cold but still crunchy.  The elder stallion took another nibble off his slice, while his guest simply sat there patiently.

"So, I take it you got what I was askin' about?"

The guest nodded, and carefully put a satchel onto the table, minding the toast.  Lifting the flap, he removed two picture frames: one had a number of shiny medals, for various acts of bravery... the other had the picture of a very handsome stallion, smiling for the camera and wearing the uniform of a royal guard.

"Lemme see... oh... oh, my..."

The elder took the picture of the stallion and stared at it, a longing on his face that spoke volumes of both pain and joy.  His eyes began to tear up, and he gave a faint smile.

"Yep... that's him, all right.  You know, he was my pride and joy; never had another.  The missus, well... she couldn't take it when he... he..."

He squeezed his eyes shut, and gave a soft, choked sigh.  The two of them sat there for a moment, the elder trying to restrain his sobs, the other one waiting patiently.  After a moment or two, the elder simply took a deep breath, then gave a soft smile to his guest.

"... well, you know.  Ah, he was so young.  He didn't stop, y'know?  He was right there when Sombra's strike force first came here... that was 'fore they got the barrier up... and he was so brave.  Stood side by side with the forces at the gate.  Fought like a hydra, he did - lots of folks always said he took after me like that.  Welp, he took down a number of 'em, but then he..."

He closed his eyes again, trying to fight the memory back into its cage.  Once successful, he looked his guest right in the eye.

"... welp, I reckon you did exactly what I wanted, so you get what you were askin' for.  Now, I know you don't wanna give me too many details here, but... this ain't gonna be anything that bites me in the flank, is it?"

"Sir, I give you my guarantee that this shall not be, in any way, malicious or vile.  I hurt not a hair on a single guard at the Military Museum where I got these, and I'll not harm anypony at all with my plans."

"That's fine, that's fine... you got me this, so now I give you this."

The elder reached over and moved one of the other chairs away from the table.  Lying in that chair was a police uniform, a bit faded, but still in crisp condition.  The old stallion smiled and took it up, placing it into the satchel that had carried the elder's memories here.

The elder gave a grin, then his eyes locked on the photograph again.

"Ain't he somethin'?  I miss him every day.  Every day.  Thanks so much, mister..?"

"Mister will be fine; plausible deniability might be best in this situation, eh?"

"Welp, ain't my business, right?  Thanks so much.  You're a good'un."

The elder stood up and, carrying the picture lovingly, went back into his house, where he would spend the next few hours looking for just the right place to put this memory of his only child.

Harcourt made his way down the street, vanishing into the crowds.

Edited by Randimaxis
  • Brohoof 2

=====  ( 0=====

Fnord.