Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Bangcolt Arena! (Fighting/Sol) -RP-

J.R.

(edited)
He had gingerly laid back down, at this point, with that annoyed frown still placed over his muzzle.

so stop acting like you do."

I also laid down, calling Sparky over. Caliber might need a back brace or a healing spell. Cutting him out was probably a bad idea. I looked over there. "Don't make me separate you two, please. How about we exchange names and occupations sir?" That should clear things up, hopefully..

"My name is Lektra Bolt. I'm an inventor. I used to be CEO of Bolt Solutions, but found the board meetings boring." I said this while not actually getting up from the bed. "I run my own branch by myself now and let the home office handle things on their own back in Manehattan." I motioned a hoof to Sparky. "This is Electric Spark, Sparky to his friends. He's my most dearest companion, and I made him." I laid my neck back down.

"Now you two, introduce yourselves to each other please." I said this with a sigh, resting and just letting them figure it out for now

Edited by bronislav84

@@Fractured,

The pony within the dragon aura smirked. That was simply the tip of the iceberg. Pun indented? Yes. Very much pun intended. The dragon-like mass summoned a giant mallet made of ice. It's circumference rivaled that of an elephant in size, and its weight was surely a force to be reckoned with.

Ice himself made a swinging motion, to which the dragon followed. From there, the mallet would swing forth, and attempt to literally bounce the force right back at Ivory.

Twilight stopped at his side, and assesed the statue herself, scanning from the base to the headpiece and she giggled. Was there anymore accurate depiction of Discord? Absentmindedly, she answered undetecting his sarcasm, "Learning is fruitful, but application is the only way to verify the learning you acquired is invaluable." She blinked, and a blush flooded her face, "Oh, you weren't being serious." 

Rune stared at her, as she answered, with a half-surprised, half-bored expression. Surprised, she actually answered, and bored, being told something he already knew.

"...Eh, gotta give you credit, couldn't have worded it better myself." He shrugged, looking around the garden for a moment longer, as his book glowed with a brighter intensity. As if it were itching to get to the action.

"But still, I must admit...I'm curious to see how an ascended alicorn fights...Cadence hasn't fought at all, I don't think, and I missed your last few matches. This'll be a nice...Experiment..."

He had started to make some distance between the two, visibly readying for a fight. It was obvious that once he was satisfied with the space between them...No doubt the match would start.

Raze looked at him, then scoffed.

"Hah... Ahahahaha!" he started to laugh. "Ah... oh, man, you really are quick to judge, eh? Honor? You don't know jack shit about my honor, or what I've been through..."

He stood up, approaching him. "Do you know what it's like to have everything taken from you? To be forced to kill someone who you regard as family? To see everything you know and love burnt to ash by the greed of the corrupt?!" He held up the crown pieces. "They are the thieves. They are the liars. They cut down countless lives to get what they want, and they don't stop. Well, I say I've had enough of that. Stealing? If anything, this is a taste of her own medicine for stealing from those who were in her way. Honor? Yeah I probably don't have any left, whatever's left of it disappeared when I killed those greedy bastards for stealing what I loved from me! You know nothing of me... so stop acting like you do."

"Now you two, introduce yourselves to each other please."

Caliber narrowed his eyes, as Raze approached him. For a moment, his eyes flickered to the sword against his bedside.

"I don't really care what you've been through. Who you've killed. What's been taken from you. In Bangcolt, backstories like those are a dime-a-dozen, so stop acting so entitled. And your reasoning behind stealing..."

"...Even if you're stealing from a thief, that doesn't change anything, you're still a thief. Little or big, that still puts you in their boat. The fact that it's over revenge makes me think even less of you. I don't want to introduce myself to him, and I don't want him to spend an hour, justifying his actions to me."

@J.R.

Ivory Star watched as her own attack was reflected back at her, and leveled a sigh. Okay. Concentrating, she opened up a purple veil in front of her, shielding herself off from the attack. The energy passed right through...

And re-materialized, less than a few inches from behind Ice Blizzard's back. Too close to block with a massive hammer, or have much reaction at all, though somehow, she doubted this was over...

-------

@P-Jay

-snip-

"...Oh, so you two are finally awake. And... Raze?" The dark grey pony from before tilted her head in contemplation, as she padded into the room. "I think it was Raze. Anyways, hi, Ivory Star. I'm the pony who saved you, and nice to meet ya!" She flashed the widest of grins as she spoke, then let out a little shrug. "I suppose."

I don't want to introduce myself to him, and I don't want him to spend an hour, justifying his actions to me."
"Let's leave then? Is your back ok? Are you able to move well enough? He does seem kind of shady, although if he offers me bits expect me to at least humor him. Business is business." I said this while not looking at anyone. I could see what Sparky saw anyway.

Anyways, hi, Ivory Star. I'm the pony who saved you, and nice to meet ya!
"Very nice to meet you miss, and thank you." I bend my neck up to look her over, about to sound like a broken record. "My name is Lektra Bolt. I'm an inventor. I used to be CEO of Bolt Solutions, but found the board meetings boring." I said this while not actually getting up from the bed. "I run my own branch by myself now and let the home office handle things on their own back in Manehattan." I motioned a hoof to Sparky. "This is Electric Spark, Sparky to his friends. He's my most dearest companion, and I made him." Yup, exactly the same way. This time it came out boring and without emotion.

(edited)

@@Fractured,

Ice blinked as the energy went right through her. Then was surprised as it suddenly came and struck behind him, launching him forward. A portion of his spine was easily broken in a few places as he flew into the river nearby. However, it wouldn't be safe to celebrate yet, as Ice held his breath under the water, unbeknownst to Ivory...

Edited by J.R.

(edited)

Celestia paused.

"...Could I be?"

"No! Celly, it's the day before the coronation. The whole of Equestria is looking to us for this. And we're going to be princesses! The first princesses!" Luna, still a filly, bumped her sister's flank in excitement, grinning happily. "Why wouldn't you want that?"

"No, it's not that, it's..." Celestia shook her head, and flashed back a smile in return. The first false one she'd ever given. "...Never mind..."

"...Could I be?"

"No." Starswirl, with a look that spoke out anger, disappointment, and betrayal, cast the last of the enchantments, sealing a portal to a distant world. Hopefully, forever. He let out a sigh; it shouldn't have to be like this. "I shouldn't have to remind you of your duties, Princess. Your role is as protector of Equestria, and it's been that way ever since I took you and your sister in under my hat and helped you become what I knew you could be. And with that, there comes certain sacrifices..." He let out an even deeper sigh, as he left the room, head down. "...Even if it's love."

"...Could I be?"

"Well... yes." The long serpentine form of Discord floated down, winding its way around her, smirking as he went. Around them, the destruction of the home she had once loved above all others lay around her, taunting her in the softest of voices. The voices of her kin.

"...Really." Celestia gave a defeated sigh; there was no doubt this was a trick. But, within the despair, she had lost that last tiny spot of hope, that had been so huge when she had started this battle. She had been so confident that she could win, and now... She looked around, at the ruins of the badlands, and dropped her head again. What else was there, when they had gone this far? What else could be worse?

"Taking wings and horns is really just foals-play. I'm fairly confident I could take yours, too. Make you a "normal pony." Discord tapped his chin in mock contemplation. "Or maybe change time. Make it so that you and your sister were never alicorns. Oh, but that's complex..."

Celestia kept silent. She had been around Discord long enough to know.

"...Ooohh... but who would save Equestria then? You'd be leaving an entire world upside down. Your own sister to suffer without you. And the tribe..." One half of his body gave a sheepish shrug. "Well, they're already a bit too far gone. But, most importantly..." He had suddenly grown huge, towering over her. He let off a wicked grin. "You'd be depriving me of a prime playing partner! So, despite how delightfully chaotic that would be... no." He broke out into his signature chuckling laugh, as he floated away on a breeze, despite his size. "Play on, sweet Celestia, play on..."

It was only the grace of a ruler that kept Celestia from shaking, though she'd felt the memories like a physical blow. The last of it seemed to fall away, however, as what she was about to do would no doubt violate every principle she had ever been taught. Everything that she'd ever been told. She didn't hesitate. Taking her remaining wing, she wrapped it around Chrysalis, and knelt down to her level, drawing her into a hug.

"Chrysalis...Yes."

(Very cute post and loved the flashbacks)

Chrissy just laid there for a bit like the time in the dream, but this was real. It was warm and comforting, a love she had never felt. She resisted the urge to just suck the love and feed on Celestia, cackling like she used to. No, that's not her anymore. That was the wrong way of going about things and only led to hardship.

Instead she just cried and let it all out until she couldn't cry anymore and Kevin had to cough to break it up. The tears were all over Celestia's wings most likely. "Thank you. Thank you very much." She sniffled as she got up, not embarrassed at all. She was smiling and happy. "Thank you for everything. I feel like this could work. But where is Cadence now? We have things to talk about and much to discuss. Seeing me in any capacity will not be easy for her."

"You think so? Though I don't think she will attack you, I could always admit I was wrong." Kevin remembered the things they did at the castle. All of them.

"I know so. Perhaps it's best I go as my pony form and we introduce me to her gently?" This was the only idea she had right now. Going as someone else would be worse.

Edited by bronislav84

(edited)

@Fractured

Ignoring what the stallion had said, Raze turned his attention to the pony now entering the room.

"Oh, hey Ivory," he said. "How's it going... wait...Saved me?" he asked, raising a brow. "...Wha... What are you going on about? When did you 'save me?'" He then realized she wasn't mentioning him. "Oh, you mean them. Ah, sorry..."

((Seriously, I'm confused, help me))

Edited by The Sad Manikin Mask

@@Literally Snails,

No answer would answer him for about 5 or so minutes. That is, until... ​"Why...why do you have to do this to us....you ponies have to kill and burn us....why?!"

"You..." Snowstorm started to say before changing his poise as a new realization hit him. "Oh..." He said quietly with a tone of understanding.

He sat down on the tree stump and gradually shifted back to his regular demeanor. His advanced hearing told him which direction the voice came from, so he spoke in that direction. "Hmph, you should ask a pony that question. My kind live in caves." He explained.

@@Literally Snails,

The voice only grew a bit louder. ​"Just because you live in a damn cave doesn't mean you don't know how trees are treated! Look at this. Every single one of you ponies in the city treat nature like dirt! It irks me how you idiots take everything for granted around here!"

​---

​Nadelle continued diagnosing her patients. Something very peculiar was going on here, as she had gotten two more patients in the last hour. Blistering and bumps all over these ponies' bodies? Was there some kind of virus going around? Was this an infection? Where did it come from?

-snip-

Raze looked at Lektra, remembering he should have introduced himself.

"Hey, look," he said. "I apologize for my... unsightly behavior. I just happen to be that way sometimes, even though I've been trained in discipline I still let my emotions get the better of me sometimes..." He bowed his head respectfully. "I'm Raze, a travelling sellsword. Nice to meet you."

@P-Jay

Ivory Star looked between them, then realized she hadn't properly introduced herself, either. Might as well. She looked over to Lektra. "Ivory Star. Master of Magical Affairs at Celestia's School for Gifted Unicorns. Pleased to meet you. Again..." She stopped, thinking to herself. Only now had she just realized the strangeness of this situation. "So... why were you stuck in a giant metal minotaur?" She turned back to Raze, giving him the same curious expression. "And why are you here? You don't look injured..."

-------

-snip-

Celestia considered it. That seemed likely the worst of ideas, all things considered; from someone who had been everything from a foal to an old mare in meeting with strangers, she had learned that the surprise was likely to be far worse when one wasn't upfront and honest from the beginning. But, under the circumstances, they had little choice. Keeping Chrysalis in her true form would likely cause far more trouble than it was worth.

"That seems like the best possible option. Though, as for my niece, I am not sure of her location..." She looked off, toward the window. "You need have no qualms about being attacked, however. If necessary, I will step in myself."

--------

@J.R.

Ivory Star dropped down to the ground of the field moments later, for the first time truly contemplating this. Was it really worth it? Was being champion worth the prestige, if she ended up dismantling a friend in the process? Probably not. Best to go see if he was okay.

Standing close enough to the water's edge to see, she looked down into its depths, searching for Ice Blizzard.

@Fractured

Raze looked back at her. "I have my reasons..." He said then shook his head.

"Ah, fuck it. I pissed off a corrupt aristocrat, sliced her crown in half, and took it to make her even more pissed. I went into hiding for a little while with help from a friend, who took me to some other city via portal, and now he teleported me back here."

He looked at both of them, then sat back down, sighing.

"I can't stand ponies like her..." he said. "They piss me off..."

@@Fractured,

Nothing would show any signs of the cryomancer for a long while. However, after five more minutes, the blue pony would rise above the water with another fish in his mouth. This time it was a catfish the length of a griffon's tail. He spit it out on the ground, and walked onto the shore, breathing slowly, and slowly coughing up reeds, ​"Whew...that was a...good move. You've made me....go full spectrum."

@J.R.

"You're crazy, ya know?" Ivory Star shook her head in exasperation, as she leaned to the side, trying to keep off her injured leg. "I mean, I sorta guessed you were strong. You had to be, to be champion. But ice dragons and ice bombs, and... ice." She shrugged dismissively, then let out a sigh, repeating her previous expression over. "You could die, you know. Go on any longer like this, and you might fall apart. Literally." She tensed her eyes for emphasis, looking over at him.

@@Fractured,

Ice, naturally being determined not to give at all, wiped the blood from his muzzle, and stood up on his tattered hooves. ​"Ptoo. I can...do this all day." ​he breathed, not planning to go down anytime soon. ​"C'mon, you should know by now that I don't shy away. Ever." ​A genuine smile would cross his muzzle, ​"But I'm proud of you, ya know? Not everyone witnesses the spirit of ís drekinn, or has pushed me to do so. Only Celestia, Luna, and Caliber have...."

​He jumped up, and did a small flip in the air, landing on his hind legs and jumping slowly in place. ​"Come on...let's end this in style."

@J.R.

"...Fine." Ivory Star nodded quickly, then hobbled off at a pace, wanting a good starting distance for what would presumably be both of their final techniques. For real, this time; she wasn't sure that either of their bodies could handle the strain of going on past what they already had. Though, she did have plenty of power left; she just needed to assume proper control of it. But that would be cheating, she thought, as she finally picked a good place to stand, readying herself for the last shot.

Though, she did wonder how Ice Blizzard would feel, if he found out she hadn't been using the full extent of her powers. Probably cheated, came the mental reply, the air tensing as she filled it to the brim with energy, letting it circle her like small stars. She closed her eyes, deliberating, then, with a deep breath, decided, to hell with it. Just this once. Only this once.

The stars fell.

@@Fractured,

No matter what the case, and no matter how powerful his opponent was, Ice never gave up--it was arguably his best and worst trait. Still, in the back of his mind, he knew that Ivory was probably hell of a lot more powerful if she could put down that much at once. However, dealing with those leagues above him before like Celestia, and Luna--he knew that he always had a game changer: The cold.

He had always used the cold to wear his opponent down from the inside out. That way, even if they were stronger, he could chill them out and slow them down. Ivory was no different. However, he nearly exhausted his mana, but still had an edge: Mini-Clochette.

It had given him a tiny extra amount of power in the moment he needed it most: which was right now. He raised both hooves into the air on either side of himself, charging up what might be his last move.

Both hooves came slowly crashing down into the ground, causing a seismic wave, with ice forcing the cracks apart to make the quake even larger. Trees started to fall over, and rocks started rolling down the hills as cascading shards of ice started to run along the ground towards Ivory. This totaled as a 7.0 on the Richter, all of which trying to toss Ivory around, into the shards and knock her out cold...

The earth shattered.

(edited)

Celestia considered it. That seemed likely the worst of ideas, all things considered; from someone who had been everything from a foal to an old mare in meeting with strangers, she had learned that the surprise was likely to be far worse when one wasn't upfront and honest from the beginning. But, under the circumstances, they had little choice. Keeping Chrysalis in her true form would likely cause far more trouble than it was worth.

"That seems like the best possible option. Though, as for my niece, I am not sure of her location..." She looked off, toward the window. "You need have no qualms about being attacked, however. If necessary, I will step in myself."

Chrissy opened her mouth to speak but Kevin cut her off. "We're prepared for anything that may come. My queen is not afraid." Chrissy simply nodded this time.

"So, where do we start? She is not at the Crystal Empire with her husband?" Chrissy was surprised. They looked quite happy together.

"He probably went with her if they're traveling." Kevin suggested this and Chrissy nodded. She was still kind of hoping to meet Luna, but this might be more important.

The two of them were ready to follow Celestia wherever.

"Ivory Star. Master of Magical Affairs at Celestia's School for Gifted Unicorns. Pleased to meet you. Again..." She stopped, thinking to herself. Only now had she just realized the strangeness of this situation. "So... why were you stuck in a giant metal minotaur?"

I nodded. "Likewise. Thanks for saving us. As for why, I made it as part of our match. You kinda saw the deadly aftermath. Sparky tells me I was crushed to a pulp by what was left of it." That would probably feel weird to her, as Sparky never spoke out loud. Ever. In fact he was mute and we spoke by a magic link.

Raze looked at Lektra, remembering he should have introduced himself.

"Hey, look," he said. "I apologize for my... unsightly behavior. I just happen to be that way sometimes, even though I've been trained in discipline I still let my emotions get the better of me sometimes..." He bowed his head respectfully. "I'm Raze, a travelling sellsword. Nice to meet you."

I grinned. "A fellow after my own heart kind of, though I don't sell my services. I run a business too. I make things for money, or fix them if they're fixable." Hey if he offered me money, why not. "I'm not without my limits though. I don't deal with criminals. Or at least not if I know they are."

Edited by bronislav84

"An interesting name. I do not recognize it as any Equestrian tongue, but you are free to tell me all about your travels later. The two of us have a hooligan to catch."

"Indeed... now, where to begin." The lich quietly cast some minor detection spells and proceeded the area carefully as he attempted to locate where the portal was located. It took a minute or two of detection before he blinked. "Oh... here it is. But... the magical signature suggests more than merely a teleport. A temporary portal was created here- a prepared cast to a sigil circle. It will take some time, but... yes, I should be able to determine the location of the permanent runes. Let's see..."

@@J.R.,

He immediately snapped a look over his shoulder. "Someone approaches." As soon as the words exit his mouth, a blur flashed by- a quadruped, but moving so fast and so stealthily that absolutely no details could be made out. The lich spun around in an attempt to follow the movement with his eyes, but he quickly discovered that he couldn't follow the blur's movement- at least, not for long. A ninja or an assassin of some sort?

"Quite the intriguing creature. Do you think he might be relevant, or a mere coincidence? Shall we pursue?"

@@J.R.,

"There's definite proof... keep looking for any sign of him. Nobody merely walks into Mortus without the proper paperwork. All security breaches must be recorded."

"You know, I could help if you ACTUALLY LET ME DO ANYTHING," Agririon commented, irritation written clear as day across his face.

"Negative," the security wraith responded. "You've done enough harm already. Bringing in someone with outdated authorization-"

"Don't pull that card with me," Agririon snapped. "The paperwork expired literally twelve hours ago, and he's never even been to the damn place before! Look, just let me ask some questions, I'm sure I'll locate the poor sod who-"

"Don't make me say it again."

"Mmh. Well, let me inform you of something," he said, lowering his voice to dangerous volumes. "What do you think the Big Man's reaction's gonna be if I let him know that security let an armed stranger in without opposition?"

The orange wraith immediately stiffened. "It was a trainee watching the exit. A novice mistake. He assumed he was with you and the other delinquent-"

"Do you think he cares? Granted, It would probably take me a pretty long tea party in order to get serious with the old guy, but I'm sure he'd be interested to know..."

"You wouldn't."

"I would. Got nothin' else to do."

Silence. She paused before scowling and, with a huff, tossed him a badge. "You better not f*** things up more than they already are."

"Oh, I think you're in hot enough water as it is. Don't worry, I'll put in a good word. Also, I'll make sure to update the damn cards. Maybe I'll actually give him his this time instead of forgetting about it. Harrumph."

And with that, Agririon held out his hand, created another portal, and stepped through it, leaving behind a rather irritated orange wraith who, with a wave of her hand, resumed the inspections.

@, @,

The ninja pony would keep flying with a blur, until it stopped on top of a nearby building. It knelt down on one knee to keep itself covert while speaking into its watch. ​"Coming upon Priority Nexus Target now. I won't be needing assistance..."

With that, it stood, and flew down to the sidewalk, starting to trot casually down the street.

• Brohoof 2

"Indeed... now, where to begin." The lich quietly cast some minor detection spells and proceeded the area carefully as he attempted to locate where the portal was located. It took a minute or two of detection before he blinked. "Oh... here it is. But... the magical signature suggests more than merely a teleport. A temporary portal was created here- a prepared cast to a sigil circle. It will take some time, but... yes, I should be able to determine the location of the permanent runes. Let's see..."

@@J.R.,

He immediately snapped a look over his shoulder. "Someone approaches." As soon as the words exit his mouth, a blur flashed by- a quadruped, but moving so fast and so stealthily that absolutely no details could be made out. The lich spun around in an attempt to follow the movement with his eyes, but he quickly discovered that he couldn't follow the blur's movement- at least, not for long. A ninja or an assassin of some sort?

"Quite the intriguing creature. Do you think he might be relevant, or a mere coincidence? Shall we pursue?"

She sensed the presence as well.  Her ears twitched as a heart beat drew nearer before passing them by, growing fainter until it blended in with the other nearby pulses.

"No need," she waived.  "Whoever or whatever that was, I doubt it was interested in us.  However, my eyes and ears shall remain conscious of any interlopers."

Carnelian approached the area that the lich indicated, and unsurprisingly felt nothing.  "Are you trying to suggest that our mutual enemy is both a thief AND a planestrider?" she scoffed.  "Highly unlikely for somepony as impulsive and base as he.  Somepony must have aided him, but whom I cannot imagine.  Best not waste time on that subject.  What's important is that bastard is somewhere on the other side, and I need this portal functioning as soon as possible.  I will not be bested by some gutter rat, and neither will you."

Chrissy opened her mouth to speak but Kevin cut her off. "We're prepared for anything that may come. My queen is not afraid." Chrissy simply nodded this time.

"So, where do we start? She is not at the Crystal Empire with her husband?" Chrissy was surprised. They looked quite happy together.

"He probably went with her if they're traveling." Kevin suggested this and Chrissy nodded. She was still kind of hoping to meet Luna, but this might be more important.

The two of them were ready to follow Celestia wherever.

I nodded. "Likewise. Thanks for saving us. As for why, I made it as part of our match. You kinda saw the deadly aftermath. Sparky tells me I was crushed to a pulp by what was left of it." That would probably feel weird to her, as Sparky never spoke out loud. Ever. In fact he was mute and we spoke by a magic link.

I grinned. "A fellow after my own heart kind of, though I don't sell my services. I run a business too. I make things for money, or fix them if they're fixable." Hey if he offered me money, why not. "I'm not without my limits though. I don't deal with criminals. Or at least not if I know they are."

"I see. Don't worry though," Raze said with a slight smile. "I'm not a criminal. Although now, everyone thinks I am." He frowned a bit. "Like I said, I pissed off some corrupt big shot by slicing her crown in half. Why? Because I can't stand ponies like her, that's why." He sighed. "Now almost everyone I meet gives me the evil eye. How foolish..."

@J.R.

Time seemed to slow. Though for Ivory, it was only the speed at which her mind was racing, and not magic, she could still see everything. Ice Blizzard. The earthquake. Shards of ice splitting into beautiful fragments as they raced towards her, threatening to swallow her whole...

She was in a black room. A tiny place, barely small enough to walk around in, but she didn't need to. She instinctively knew what this place was, even if she had never been there before. And that was thanks to the purple mare in front of her...

"...Hmm. It's weird, looking at yourself. Ya know?" The mare tilted her head, examining the unicorn across from her. She gave a single nod of approval. "I do like the look, though. Sorta glad I chose it."

"Well, you're me, so you know why I chose it." She shrugged. "And you also know why i'm here. I kinda sorta need to use that power that we're kinda sorta not supposed to use..."

"Because I know me would get too curious, and probably abuse it? Yeah." The mare rolled her eyes, then stuck out her tongue. "Fine. But just a little. And be responsible with it, would you? I mean, I already know what you're going to do, but... he's sort of a friend, despite the circumstances. So be careful."

"Got it." Ivory Star nodded, then looked back to the mare.

"Okay. Now..." The mare held out her hoof, motioning for Ivory Star to do the same. She reached out, and touched it.

As Ivory Star jumped up, securing herself on a panel, space would suddenly seem to pulse. The world around her seemed to recede, as well, as an ugly black purple void emerged below her position, swallowing whatever it happened to come across. Rocks and trees alike all fell in, and were devoured, the ice quickly trailing after it like so many fast moving fingers. And she wasn't done yet. Above Ice Blizzard, a similar portal emerged, tearing a gash in the sky, enough to block out the false light hanging over the arena. Depositing every ounce of material that had been sent his way over on top of him, like the rush of a battalion of dragons.

-------

-snip-

"You... were sort of in a bad way." She tilted the words as they came, not wanting to speak on the true extent of the damage. Sometimes things were better left unsaid, she figured, as she turned over towards Raze. "You know, for what it's worth, even though i've known you for about...five minutes? I don't think you're a bad pony." She was quick to add the final part, looking him over with a shrug. "I mean, maybe just the slightest tendency to overreact, and you act on your impulses way too often. But you at least did what you did what you did because you thought you were helping others." She shrugged again. "Bad ponies don't tend to do that. Just saying."

@@Fractured,

Ice kept his focus on his attack, making sure it left an impact. However, he realized that everything was being taken in towards a portal, and had to think quickly. Disappointed that his attack did nothing, his main focus was to get out of the way of the impact. With a nervous blink, he froze the earth beneath him, and broke the ice, diving underneath the ground.

​With a crash, everything that Ivory had tossed would land on the desired location. By the time the dust settled, everything would just be sitting there in a desolate pile of wreck and waste. Hopefully, Ice wasn't dead from this...