Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Bangcolt Arena! (Fighting/Sol) -RP-

J.R.

@@Fractured,

Nadelle knew that Redheart was serious with her words, and that she shouldn't be toyed with when it came o serious business. With a confident nod, Nadelle smiled at her boss. "Yes ma'am! I'll get to zose flyers right away!"

---

Ice blinked, looking over the portal. After a moment or two, he shrugged. "YOLO this sh*t." he then went ahead and jumped right in after Sunset.

@@Amorphous

"No problem," Ametrine responded, adjusting the choker about her neck.  "It's been a while since I indulged in some urban exploration.  If you want to come along, you free to.  The two of us haven't eaten in a while, and I can tell Zoiy's just about to pass out."

Zoisite blushed and looked at the ground.  "I thought we agreed that we would never use that name in public, Amy."

"Unfortunately for you, it doesn't work the other way around," the elder sister chuckled.  "Now come along, let's get you something to eat."

@@Hazard Time

Iron and Dust looked at each other and shrugged. Neither of them moved from the crystal siblings' path; Dust stayed from sheer boredom, Iron for the elusive promise of profit that was still more than anything else in the city. Though Dust Devil walked nearly side-by-side with the siblings, Iron stayed behind them, quiet save for the steady beat of her hooves on stone.

(edited)

@@Fractured,

Night Tracer remained still as Talon concentrated. Silence. Night was getting uncomfortable; Talon's claws were clutching a little to hard for comfort, and Night was getting restless. His wings ached. He smirked, then closed his eyes, resting his head back on his pillow. 

Suddenly, his wings spread out like parachutes, swatting Talon off him and over the side of the bed. His wings stiffened, and as quickly as they did, they softened. With a bird-like shuffle he fluttered his wings, and they returned to their resting state as he nestled deeper into his pillow. "Oops," he said dryly, opening his eyes, meeting Luna's, "must have looked at you for too long." He grinned devlishly, then shut his eyes once more, smirk still plastered across his maw. 

Edited by Tacoma

Luster noted the sword was flying towards her. Just as planed. She unfolded her right wing and moved it across her face, deflecting the blade to the left, only scratching her armor. As the blade moved, the metal feathers encircled the handle, and clinched it. Firmly in her grip, she pulled the cutlass back, angling Firebeak's blade in front of her eye. Right where the musket round was coming in. 

"So freaking slow. I might as well be playing pong at this point."

Seeing how ineffectual her current ammo was,  Luster began unloading, switching out the ammo in her shotgun. From bird shot, to buck shot."

"...Did she just insult him?"

"Wow, didn't know a bucket of bolts had the processor necessary for that level of thinking..."

"Shh, I'm watching the fight..."

"Should we buff him?"

"Why would we ever do that?"

"For science." 

"That...Doesn't apply here."

"I'm down."

"You're ALWAYS down, Charima."

"Well, maybe it'd be interesting. After all, he kinda needs the help anyways."

"Fine. All in favor?"

A collective agreement was spoken.

"Well...Let's get to work."

Firebeak had retreated once more, into the sky, to hide behind the sails, moving this way and that, to further conceal where he was. This thing wasn't ordinary. It wasn't even alive. He growled, hearing the buckshot continue to fire, tearing apart his ship, feeling whatever emotion he still had start to boil. 

The feeling rose, inflating in his chest, before he exhaled...And curiously enough, it was pure steam. He felt his decayed, broken down body start to repair itself...Painfully so. Enough to make him drop, from his hiding spot, and land against the ground with a thud, withering in pain...

...Luster would see that it wasn't because of her own attacks.

@@P-Jay,

Luster's sensors began their anylysis. Her thermal imaging noted the tempreature spike, while her x-rays noted the mending of bones.

"An opponent that cannot die. Cogratulations, you've just made thigns worse for yourself. Now I can offically disable my mercy function. Cause if you can't die, it won't matter wheather or not I use my deadliest weapons & tactics." She said. her words sounding disjointed & monotone. Like they were plucked from different sentences.

She levitated her AK-47 into the air next to her shotgun. The former aiming at his core and spine. The latter at his limbs.

She cocked and opened fire. A torrent of buckshot and fragmenting hollowpoints heading Firebeak's way.

Naga fluttered his wings weakly as he panted, tongue hanging out as the sweat dropped from his brow. Turning his gaze towards Caliber, the peculiar monk did not grace his friend with his usual, goofy smile and cheery demeanor. How could he, with what he had to relay to his dear companion? " Finally! Been Lookin' fer you over an hour, this monk has! "

Naga closed the space between them at a rather sluggish pace. With the amount of energy that Naga had exuded in the past, one would have found it impossible for him to appear as dogged as this. Clearly, Naga had expended all of his energy into locating the swordspony. Worse yet, whatever Naga had searched him out for must've carried a great burden upon the monk's mind, for he always carried a grin that was nearly indelible, currently nowhere to be seen. Now as close to Caliber as he had needed to be, Naga hung his head downward, his braided mane claking the golden rings that had been woven into it loudly. Still panting, he placed a hoof on Caliber's shoulder, and spoke with the tiredness of an overworked farmer. " Caliber... A storm be upon the high winds blowin' from the East... "

Caliber blinked, at the news. A storm, from the east? Normally, he would dismiss this, because a storm is naught but a storm, but...The way Naga looked as if he were desperate to warn him of something, the way he almost seemed wary of an approaching threat, made him hesitate. 

Was the storm a metaphor, for something?

"Woah, calm down there bud," he said, taking a step back from the monk, "lets try this again. Storm...High winds...East. What's it mean?"

Luster's sensors began their anylysis. Her thermal imaging noted the tempreature spike, while her x-rays noted the mending of bones.

"An opponent that cannot die. Cogratulations, you've just made thigns worse for yourself. Now I can offically disable my mercy function. Cause if you can't die, it won't matter wheather or not I use my deadliest weapons & tactics." She said. her words sounding disjointed & monotone. Like they were plucked from different sentences.

She levitated her AK-47 into the air next to her shotgun. The former aiming at his core and spine. The latter at his limbs.

She cocked and opened fire. A torrent of buckshot and fragmenting hollowpoints heading Firebeak's way.

"Wow...Quite the assumer, huh?"

"I don't think that's a real word..."

"Well, whatever! It's unwise to assume. And she just did."

"Although...Let's be honest, it doesn't quite matter. She's still a robot."

"And he's still an undead. I'm just saying, he's not unkillable...That'd just be annoying."

"True..."

Firebeak continued writhering, as the resounding bangs were heard, the bullets approaching him...But at the last moment, his head shot up, and snapped his head to look directly at Luster. 

His eyes clearer. And much more alert...

His wings flexed, and streaked to the side, rapidly making his way closer to Luster, flanking her...

@@P-Jay,

"Oh look at that. He got a boost from...somewhere. Still though, you've jumped from the speed of a snail to a donkey cart. And you're racing an SR-71. You're faster than sound, but your not thinkign at the speed of light."

She swung the cutlass where she anticipated he'd strike.

@@Hazard Time

Iron and Dust looked at each other and shrugged. Neither of them moved from the crystal siblings' path; Dust stayed from sheer boredom, Iron for the elusive promise of profit that was still more than anything else in the city. Though Dust Devil walked nearly side-by-side with the siblings, Iron stayed behind them, quiet save for the steady beat of her hooves on stone.

It wouldn't have taken them too long to find a restaurant.  That is to say, it wouldn't have if Ametrine hadn't constantly asked for Zoisite's approval.  Whether it was out of snobbery or otherwise, the eccentric stallion turned down nearly a dozen locations before settling for a quiet bistro.

The group had a seat and began perusing the menus.  Most of the menu was comprised of soups, salads, and sandwiches, and it only took Ametrine a minute to decide what she would order.  Zoisite, however, continued to look the menu over.

"Anything look good?" the pink mare asked of the others.

@@Hazard Time,

Dust Devil shrugged while Iron fanned out the menu in her hooves. It didn't take the gray mare long to make her selection, a small smirk decorating her face.

"I'll take the chicken salad," she said, relishing the looks she received. "What? When you're living with griffons, you get used to it or starve." She shrugged lightly, tossing the menu back onto the table with a puff of red magic. Dust deliberately pulled up a different copy, as though worried that Iron was contagious. Iron herself did nothing but roll her eye at that.

@@Amorphous

Ametrine gave Iron an incredulous expression before rolling her eyes.  Zoisite, on the other hand, looked up once before returning to his menu.  A few seconds later, he leaned over and whispered in his sister's ear, to which she whispered in response.  After a short back and forth conversation, the grey stallion set his menu down on the table.  Ametrine then turned her eyes to Dust Devil, waiting for her to finish before she attempted to hail a server.

@@Fractured

"My dear Anette." Wilhelm's expression changed to one of faint amusement from simple interest, and he leaned forward onto the table. "It gets stranger from there?" He paused. "Allow me to count: Thus far, you've run into hipster pirates for whom 'Blackbeard' is simply too mainstream, you've gotten contracted by a reasonably capable town militia -- two ponies, may I say, however beautiful and capable -- to fight said hipster pirates, and you're telling me things get even more insane from there?"

Wilhelm allowed a moment, and then continued. "Regardless... I'm not entirely sure why I'm surprised any more. Maybe if I lived in Griffonia or Prance, but in Equestria, we regularly break out in synchronized musical numbers of perfect pitch and timing at the strangest times. Random pirate encounters can't get stranger than that."

Realizing what he just said, Wilhelm coughed. "Ah... temptation for Mr. Fate on line four."

@ @@Unicorncob @@J.R. @@Unicorncob @

Having been forced to make a split second decision based upon the surrounding factors, Lorec was reconciling with his own instinct to pursue and dominate. Firstly, he had his daughter upon his backside, and with everything that he had just gone through to see her smiling face again, he was not going to risk her safety for any reason whatsoever. Secondly, this was Equestria, not Sadauris. As much as Lorec despised the overt sensitivity of the population within this country, coupled with the fact that Bangcolt was seemingly more lenient on acts of great disturbances, this was still no place for him to act out on his own lust for battle and supremacy. And thirdly, this creature before him... Certainly, not of mortal coil. He had witnessed it just moments before, carrying off both his quarry and what seemed to be a small filly, draped in hospital attire. And then there was the children who had been chasing him as well... All of this evidence was enough for Lorec to conclude that Raze, of all ponies... Was a filly fooler. Or at the very least, a kidnapper that wished to demand ransom in return for the child's safety.

Despite his target escaping into an alleyway perpendicular to the one he was crashing down, Lorec refused to give up on this hunt. Taking note that he might have an accomplice due to the unnatural, magical means that had been used to pull him away from the charging Minotaur, Lorec's eyes narrowed, and what happened next, was nothing short of a spectacle.

When Lorec's fists pounded into the ground as he was nearing Raze's persona, small fissures formed from the cobblestone, as they had when the Ursa King's champion smashed into the ground with his fists. Traversing the earth even faster than he could charge, the snaking fissures stopped about five feet short of Thanatos. Immediately afterwards, an earthen barrier was made between Lorec and the supernatural creature, again, cutting off any path of attack that it may have, save for from above. Immediately shifting to an upward, bipedal stance once more by pushing off of the ground with his fists, Lorec used the wall to stop his momentum, throwing both hands out at the same time to grind to a complete halt. Immediately afterwards, he spoke out to his daughter, not batting her an eye as he felt her cling over his shoulders for dear life. " Sifana, back on the ground, Dagger drawn, and behind me. Keep your back to mine and watch the skies. "

Sifana, ever the obedient daughter, performed all of these actions to the letter, dropping down and following her father. Lorec, with hands upon the pommel of his zweihander, turned the corner to face Raze, ready to draw the sword from his backside. Looking directly into the stripped pony's eyes with his own bored expression, the Minotaur shook his head, and then spoke out, letting his gruff voice echo throughout the alleyway... " So... Two underage children chasing you while a strange lapdog of yours carries you off with a filly in a hospital gown. On top of that, you wake up my peacefully sleeping daughter by almost plowing into us... "

Lorec looked over to Rosalia, his face softening, though considering his build, it was difficult enough already for him to pass off as friendly. " You there. What's your relation to this pony? Speak honestly. Are you with him by choice, or by force? "

Edited by Guts
  • Brohoof 1

@, @@J.R., @@Unicorncob, @,

"I... um..." she paused, remembering what the striped pony had said. "... Well... um... please don't smash him into the ground Mr. Minotaur!" she squeaked out suddenly, shrinking back slightly.. "He took me by force at first, but he was confused... he needed my help and didn't know how to approach me. I was just about to ask if he wanted to go out for some hayburgers or something so that I could talk to him. I don't think he's evil, sir- I've been chased by evil ponies before. He just needs... help, and he's unsure how to get it. Besides," Rosalia said gloomily, "it's not like I don't know exactly why he wants me of all ponies to help."

Then she shuddered a bit. "Although... I don't know what the deal with the scary monster is... he just... summoned it out of nowhere..."

(Zweihanders. :love: )

• Brohoof 1

Raze looked over at the minotaur. "Look, I know this whole situation seems... wrong, but--" He stopped himself midway through his sentence. He turned his attention towards Rosalia, who seemed... confused as to what she was going to say. She looked like she didn't want to tell the truth, but didn't want to lie either. He sighed, not wanting to put her in that situation.

"Alright... I'll come out with it. Yeah, I took her against her own will, and those... brats back there were trying to take her back; but I have a reason. I need her for something, something important, and I didn't think she'd listen to me, seeing as though a colleague of mine that she knows said some... distasteful things about me to her."

He raised an eyebrow to the minotaur. "And about you... how am I supposed to know you and your daughter were there? What are the odds someone meets a Minotaur in an alleyway?"

He looked back at Rosalia. "Hey... I know we got off on the wrong hoof, and... I'm sorry. I was being irrational... very irrational, and I did something that I shouldn't have. But I really need your help with something... think you can forgive me?"

While all of this was going on, Thanatos flew back towards Raze, hovering just slightly above him, and slowly faded away into blue spheres of light.

@, @, @, @@Unicorncob,

Jack stood by, simply and utterly confused by whatever the heck was happening. All he knew was that this guy was supposedly not as bad as he was led to believe, but being a rambunctious child who didn't enjoy people screwing around with answers, he didn't entirely buy all of this. Nor was he going to let this guy's actions be excused lightly. "Well I mean, you nearly hurt us all, broke a few of my boards, and all of that other stuff. Hm...I can totally see where we should forgive you with no problems whatsoever!" is what ran through his head before he expressed his thoughts aloud.

Puffing his cheeks out, Jack mulled over the words like a cat trying to get a hairball out of it's throat. "Ugh....I guess....we can...." he said slowly, suppressing his anger and frustration as best as he could with a wide smile.

• Brohoof 2

Jack stood by, simply and utterly confused by whatever the heck was happening. All he knew was that this guy was supposedly not as bad as he was led to believe, but being a rambunctious child who didn't enjoy people screwing around with answers, he didn't entirely buy all of this. Nor was he going to let this guy's actions be excused lightly. "Well I mean, you nearly hurt us all, broke a few of my boards, and all of that other stuff. Hm...I can totally see where we should forgive you with no problems whatsoever!" is what ran through his head before he expressed his thoughts aloud.

Puffing his cheeks out, Jack mulled over the words like a cat trying to get a hairball out of it's throat. "Ugh....I guess....we can...." he said slowly, suppressing his anger and frustration as best as he could with a wide smile.

Double furrowed her eyebrows in annoyance. The last thing she wanted to do was forgive this weirdo for what he did. Foal endangerment, damage of somepony's boards, and freaking them out with all that monster stuff? Why should she let him off so easy?

Though, the giant minotaurs were a good reason to let him go.

"Sure," she agreed with Jack, "I mean he only broke some sweet decks and threatened us with a giant monster thing while looking like a creep. It's all good!" A wide smile crossed her face, practically oozing sarcasm.

• Brohoof 1

@J.R. @Unicorncob

Raze looked at the both of them with an expression of annoyance, then took a deep breath.

"Your sarcasm is... duly noted," he said. "But seriously, can't you just keep quiet if you're gonna be little brats about it? And on the note of skateboards..." He pulled out from his saddlebags five money pouches of 200 bits each, adding up to a total of 1000 bits, which he earned from a fairly recent mercenary job he had undertaken. He tossed them to Jack.

"There. And a bit extra for you to get out of my business."

Edited by Detective Adachi

@@Amorphous

Ametrine gave Iron an incredulous expression before rolling her eyes.  Zoisite, on the other hand, looked up once before returning to his menu.  A few seconds later, he leaned over and whispered in his sister's ear, to which she whispered in response.  After a short back and forth conversation, the grey stallion set his menu down on the table.  Ametrine then turned her eyes to Dust Devil, waiting for her to finish before she attempted to hail a server.

Dust Devil nodded, setting her menu on the table decisively. Sort of. Sure of what she would order, she hailed one of the waiters with a hoof just as tan as her namesake. Ironblade let her head drop onto one hoof, staring, bored, as Dust placed her order. She was quick to follow, the waiter giving her a funny look, but writing it down anyway.

Dust Devil nodded, setting her menu on the table decisively. Sort of. Sure of what she would order, she hailed one of the waiters with a hoof just as tan as her namesake. Ironblade let her head drop onto one hoof, staring, bored, as Dust placed her order. She was quick to follow, the waiter giving her a funny look, but writing it down anyway.

After all the orders were made, Ametrine turned her attention to her guests.  Zoisite was more than happy to stay out of the conversation and focus on his water glass, which he began to tilt in a circular motion.

"So how long have you two been in Bangcolt?  It seems as though you've seen more than a few things around."

• 3 weeks later...

"Oh look at that. He got a boost from...somewhere. Still though, you've jumped from the speed of a snail to a donkey cart. And you're racing an SR-71. You're faster than sound, but your not thinkign at the speed of light."

She swung the cutlass where she anticipated he'd strike.

"Did she just insult him again?"

"Pride before the fall."

"But is she even going to fall? I mean, it's just a pirate that's had his adrenaline boosted by 175%, and his muscles locked into a coil...Pretty painful stuff. I don't think he'll last long"

"Peace. If he loses, it makes no difference to us."

"Yeah but things like her really tick me off..."

"We're all ticked off at her arrogance. The mere fact she even resembles the princess is an insult to the real thing."

Firebeak had braced a metal-coated claw, and attacked at the swinging sword, with next to no regard for his health. When Luster attacked, the rusted, era-old blade broke on contact, sending a few shards flying away...

But his other claw snaked outwards, to catch a piece of the blade, gripping it, and stabbing downwards with it...Aiming for a [racism 3], in her exoskeleton. With his power, and speed almost doubled, it should be an attack next to impossible to read...

But then again, y'know, robots.

@J.R.
"Good." Nurse Redheart finally finished slipping on her coat, breathing a heavy sigh just outside the hospital's entrance. With a half look, she turned around to face Nurse Nadelle.

"...Remember, i'm trusting you. And I have full confidence you can do what I ask." She turned, and without another word, was walking the streets of Bangcolt, heading towards the library.

--------

@Tacoma

Talon bounced twice before hitting the edge of the bed. Ruffling up his wings in a dignified manner, he shook himself, then shot a casual glance to Luna, eyebrow raised. "Permission to terminate this one?"

"Talon..."

"Merely a jest."

Luna shook her head, then went back to staring at Night Tracer.

"...There are indeed traces of dark magic on you. Familiar dark magic. And that much more similar to Nightmare's magical aura. In essence, I now have enough information to verify what you say, though the conversation I had with her was proof enough, in truth." Luna mulled it over, as she turned towards her writing desk. "I just needed to make sure."

-------

@Orion Caelum

"-You should know by now, they always come when they're called." Anette gave a wide smile, then leaned down over the table. Head in her hooves, she looked at Wilhelm openly.

"...He had a brother. Whitebeard. Don't ask me why." She shook her head knowingly. "But, apparently, these two had always had some sort of rivalry for each other, on the level of a Shakesteer novel, and it finally came to a head. And guess who else happened to have their own large stockade of gunpowder? Take a wild guess." She rolled her eyes and shook her head again in amusement. "Out of all of the ways to settle a family dispute, they choose naval warfare. But, anyways, we can't exactly enter the bay in a normal ship, or we'll get blasted, so we have to take a canoe, and roll in under the cover of darkness. Sleight Mist had to summon a fog, which helped us along. Before she could control water, you see." She shrugged sheepishly. "Would've helped us out a lot in the long. But, we do manage to board the older brother Whitebeard's ship. And then..." She grinned widely. "The battle began."

-------

@J.R.

"...Woah."

"Right?"

"-I feel-"

"-Right?"

"...Ugh." Sunset Shimmer shook her head as she stepped out of the portal, near the arena's entrance. "Next time, i'll just pick teleportation. Less creepy- crawly. "

"You get used to it after a while. Then it's relaxing!" Ivory Star chirped. "But hey, it's less energy consuming. And we're here. Which means it was more than worth it in my book." She shrugged, then looked back at the portal. "So let's make this an awesome one, okay?"

*@@P-Jay,

*Clank!*

The blade connected with Luster's forehoof...and dented it. 

She looked at the 'wound', then to him. A melancholic expression adorned her metal features.  

"...you're about 29,000 psi short of what you need to pierce my aluminum exoskeleton. I could've dodged. Deflected even. But I didn't. Why? Because this-" she motioned to the stab. "doesn't hurt. This...doesn't bleed. This... doesn't need to be concerned with saftey. This isn't bothered by fatigue or exhaustion. This can think as fast as light. This...is the future of warfare unveiled. Showing the way ponykind will march into the future. And you've wondered off, and gotten yourself left behind." 

With him so close, she magnetically pointed her shotgun and assault rifle.

"I'll send notice to that economic rats nest of a failed state you call the Griffon Kingdom, that their favorite Johnny Depp look alike has died. Again." And fired. 

Raze looked at the both of them with an expression of annoyance, then took a deep breath.

"Your sarcasm is... duly noted," he said. "But seriously, can't you just keep quiet if you're gonna be little brats about it? And on the note of skateboards..." He pulled out from his saddlebags five money pouches of 200 bits each, adding up to a total of 1000 bits, which he earned from a fairly recent mercenary job he had undertaken. He tossed them to Jack.

"There. And a bit extra for you to get out of my business."

Double narrowed her eyes at Raze, her tail lashing with annoyance. Even her wings ruffled, and she barely used them. Did he really think he could buy them off like that?

"Tch," she huffed, tapping her hoof on the ground, "we ain't abandoning our buddy here for a few bits, y'know."

@@Fractured,

Ice had followed them through the portal. While they were busy talking among themselves, he was busy writing some things down on a notepad with a pencil in his mouth. "Hm..." On the other side, he looked up at them, "Well when you live where you get goosebumps when you breathe the air, you get used to it after a while." He walked over to them, "Before you girls start, I got a question: How would a shooter game like paintball or laser tag sound for a game night in Bangcolt? Like...a shooter type thing with blasters that shoot apples, walnuts, peas, sequins, apples, and stuff like that?"

A long pause, then his maple eyes blinked a few times, "If you can't already tell I'm a sucker for these types of things, which makes me wonder what type of battle this is gonna be between you two."

---

After her boss had left, Nadelle went right back to work. "Y-yes!" She immediately ran to her office where she bean to review patient documents...