Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

spoiler Well done Nick Confalone (Hearthbreakers)

Silver Stream.

I believe this was.only his second episode he's written. The first was....party pooped? And to be honest, I'm super impressed. Aside from Tanks for the memories, I think this has been the best written and executed episode in the entire series. It beats Crusaders of the lost mark and The one where pinkie pie knows by a landslide simply how solid this episode was.

There was no overused Pinkie jokes, not outragoues scenes to kill that holiday theme....and the Pie family was interesting. Their personalities exceeded my expextations that i even looked pass the fact that there was a "fluttershy" in the family.

Plus....Maud Pie. Nuff said

• Brohoof 2

Yep, Nick did a great job with Hearthbreakers! The diversity of personalities in the Pie family was great. Maud remains my favourite though, because she's going to be a brilliant scientist and that's awesome to see in a show aimed at young girls.

Also, how cool is it that their dolls are hoof-chiselled from stone? Such craftsmanship! :pinkie:

• Brohoof 1

I would say this episode arguably has one of the best written and delivered morals for the show period, and yes the Pie family was quite interesting as characters and also their traditions.

And to think I was expecting them to be of those one dimensional stereotypes we've seen (and dealt) many times prior  :dash:

This one was neat, enjoyable and suprisingly "hearthwarming".

The new Pie characters are fine for me because they are not usually my focus. But it's still great to see somepony new!

The storyline was incredibly well-paced (in my opinion) for a holiday episode. And those small, DELIGHTFUL details! Many conversations - especially those between Pies and Apples - are intimate, insignificant but so warm! The feeling is so hard to describe in words, but those details made this episodes fantastic.

Well done, Nick! So bad this is not actually airing during Christmas.

I don't know. I mean Applejack really screwed up. That would be fine but she's done it before. It shows that she didn't learn her lesson at all from apple family reunion, where she thought she knew best how to prepare for and make it the best reunion ever. Now she did it again and thought she knew best on how another family should enjoy hearth warming. 

overall it was a good episode but for AJ's growth it was questionable at best. It also didn't help that I could see AJ doing something drastic like that like 5 minutes into the episode. 

Edited by Lucario14

I don't know. I mean Applejack really screwed up. That would be fine but she's done it before. It shows that she didn't learn her lesson at all from apple family reunion, where she thought she knew best how to prepare for and make it the best reunion ever. Now she did it again and thought she knew best on how another family should enjoy hearth warming. 

overall it was a good episode but for AJ's growth it was questionable at best. It also didn't help that I could see AJ doing something drastic like that like 5 minutes into the episode. 

Personally, I'm glad she messed up. Applejack is seen as the most grounded and well rounded character out of all the mane 6. People bash on Flutters for being inconsistent with her struggles, which she has a good reason to, and we've seen the others have repetitive episodes dealing with the same lesson or similar to it. FOr once, Applejack is shown that she too cannot get something right the first time and be 100% better the next time she faces a similar problem.

In fact, her screwing up on this fits her character perfectly. She's used to being in charge...she's used to being the one who knows what to do and give orders when it comes to anything with family and tradition. It makes sense that this particular thing got under her skin. But she did have good intentions  

• Brohoof 1