Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Mane Attraction is Amy Keating Rogers' last MLP ep, end of series coming?

cider float

No. She was just offered a job at Disney, she didn't want to pass that up, so she took it. I don't think it would have mattered how many seasons the show is going to get, the response would have still been the same.

• Brohoof 2

This episode was made a year ago, which means that Amy's been gone since around this time in 2014. I don't think it means the end of the show at all - season 6 has already been completed, and there's more than one writer in this world.

• Brohoof 1

For financial reasons it is easier to sell shows into syndication in packs of 65.  I've heard that Season 6 will be 26 episodes.  This implies that, barring a total collapse of the ratings, there will also be seasons 7 & 8 bringing the total to 195 episodes.

If Season 6 is 13 episodes, though, I'd say it is 99% + certain that Season 6 will be the last season & the 2017 movie will be the end. (Well, maybe some video releases like Scooby Doo)

Writers come and writers go. AKR was an integral member of the writing staff, but her departure alone does not seal the end of the show. As was mentioned she was offered a dream job at Disney and would've been crazy to not accept it.

As it stands the show will be fine for now. :)

• Brohoof 1

Why would that happen? I don't really see how this connects.

I don't think they would just quit one of their biggest shows, which is still running.

The MLP community is stronger than ever, and cancelling the show would be stupid of hasbro to do.

• Brohoof 1

I think this could be a sign the series is going to end soon. The writers are gradually moving on and Hasbro may also be ending G4 soon. 

This!

First Sibsy, the senior storyboarder, and now AKR... It's getting kinda suspicious.

Edited by Merion
  • Brohoof 1

Why would that happen? I don't really see how this connects.

I don't think they would just quit one of their biggest shows, which is still running.

The MLP community is stronger than ever, and cancelling the show would be stupid of hasbro to do.

Gravity Falls is also a very popular show with a growing fanbase and the show staff has announced that the season finale is going to be the series finale.

Popularity dosen't always equal long livety of the show.

Gravity Falls is also a very popular show with a growing fanbase and the show staff has announced that the season finale is going to be the series finale.

Popularity dosen't always equal long livety of the show.

Gravity Falls is different from MLP. Hasbro gets its cash from toys and if they want me to buy them, they will have to continue the show.

• Brohoof 1

Gravity Falls is different from MLP. Hasbro gets its cash from toys and if they want me to buy them, they will have to continue the show.

They can always create new toys. They have Transformers and their boardgames and if they want, they can bring out a new line of pony toys for another show. Do you think Hasbro will go broke if the show stops?

I think this could be a sign the series is going to end soon. The writers are gradually moving on and Hasbro may also be ending G4 soon. 

A writer change doesn't mean a end series. Think about Spongebo- oh wait..

Yep, not many people know MLP started in 1980 as toys, they made the shows to sell more toys.

And to make profit from the show. (I think.)

They can always create new toys. They have Transformers and their boardgames and if they want, they can bring out a new line of pony toys for another show. Do you think Hasbro will go broke if the show stops?

They won't go broke if the show stops. But why would they do it, as long as it gets them money? They are a corporation and that is their goal.

They won't go broke if the show stops. But why would they do it, as long as it gets them money? They are a corporation and that is their goal.

They also want to make entertainment. If all they cared about was money MLP would be terrible.

Edited by PinkiestPie

Like i said, they will make a new show then. Besides, the crew probably dosen't want to do this stuff forever. They want to face new challenges and maybe want to work for other companies.

You can't give us the same characters forever, especially since most of their life goals are already fulfilled.

Hasbro gets its cash from toys and if they want me to buy them, they will have to continue the show.

But the kids will still buy the toys even if they cancel the show so Hasbro wont care about whether or not you buy their toys. 

Edited by Yamet