Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Be Part of a Massive Endeavor

Flying_Endeavor

Greetings of Peace and Joy from the United Nations Equestrian Expeditionary Forces!

http://cnc-universe.deviantart.com/art/Coordinated-Fire-FLASH-567097600

(Warning: Loud sounds, minimize your volume if you have to.)

Now with that intro done, let's head straight to the point. 

I am in need of writers who are capable of creating viable dialogues and speeches, as well as to assist me in getting my story together. 

Basically, I am trying to develop a massive story, and unfortunately, I might be biting off more than I can chew. I am in need of more ideas, more sequences, and enhancements to the storyline to make it stick more closely to Canon, despite it being different. 

I want people who understands the basics of MLP:FIM, so I could better improve my concepts and designs. People who could give valuable input to make this story more believable and relatable. The storyline I laid forth could easily work alongside what is currently on display in the Canon Show. 

I developed this story more than 2 years ago, when I first got into the MLP Fandom, however, I never truly gotten over how to get it in the works nor did I truly pursue it until now. I mostly used this for Roleplays I did with other people before, and believe me or not, some of the scenarios I actually proposed appeared in the show itself, from the Ponyville wedding and Octavia and Vinyl merging their music to create something new, to Friendship conferences, the Mane 6 travelling to different corners of Equestria solving multiple friendship problems, even the Mane 6 preventing a war (The Hooffields and Mccolts episode). Now, I would use everything I have gathered and learned so far to create this story. 

Now, I listed just a few scenarios which I developed for my comic that actually appeared in the show. Only, mine is on a larger scale and I never truly laid the real groundwork for such scenarios unlike what Hasbro did, and what they did was amazing. Like during the Mane Attraction Episode, I too planned for a concert Charity and Friendship, but the scenario was pretty different with infighting among the performers and it's up to Octavia and Vinyl, with the Mane 6 to help save the concert. The mane Attraction actually gave me a possible new character to be able to utilize for this proposed concert in my story, and perhaps Sapphire Shorts and RaRa would have to work together for the first time to make for a truly amazing show to happen. 

So yes, there would be planned musical numbers and performances, like in Canon episodes, but that is barely even the tip of the iceberg for what I truly have in store. 

This story covers just about anything. It has elements of Sci-Fi, Modern, Fantasy, and Medieval, with inspirations from WW2, Vietnam, Korea, and beyond. 

This story has Romance, Comedy, Drama, Suspense, Action, Horror, War, Mystery. 

New Factions would be added, from the United Nations, to the Independent Liberation Army, to the Independent Changeling Empire. Sombra would also possibly make an comeback as well. No Guarantees. ;) It all depends on perspective. 

The different races of Equestria would also get involved, from Dragons, to Gryphons, Yaks and Bisons, even Diamond Dogs. Nopony/no-one would be spared. ;) I would also need a complex selection of OCs, to serve as supporting characters, backgrounds, even villains. 

I already have a small team of writers working with me to help polish out just the first phase of this massive story, which I hope would evolve into a comic series in the future. Which also brings us to advertisements and artworks, which would be discussed on another thread in another section of this forum. 

Basically, what lies beyond Equestria's borders... What lies across the vast oceans... for sure, Equestria is not the only nation out there, as proven with more and more nations and states being introduced in the show. What if, there was a ripple in time, and everything changed, either for better or worse. How would Equestria fare against a new presence in their nation, and who is to say this new presence is a friend, or a foe... New enemies, or new friends, frienemies... Only time would tell. 

sig-4243343.be_part_of_the_un_forces__by

Note: This is not a human story in Equestria. ;) I prefer to at least try to stick to Canon. Feel free to post your comments or opinions below, and if you would like to take part in this massive project, then I would be happy to have you on board. 

This project may or may not come true. It simply depends whether it is possible to do or not. 

And this is the song I chose for the UN Anthem: 

Edited by Flying_Endeavor

So how are you planning to get permission from Hasbro for this?

Well, this story is kinda non-monetary and it would be done separated from the show, with inspirations coming different other stories, shows, movies, even personal experiences. It's not entirely in direct competition to the show, but rather, a possible alternate story which adjusts to the current timeline of the show. Like how should we say, originally, I simply intended to have a random foreign faction to simply pop out from across the ocean, but given the time lapses of the current Finale, perhaps the actions of Twilight and Starlight themselves triggered this story. 

So, it would be much like any other literary work or fanfiction out there. What I meant by team, are a group of friends helping me out to iron out my story and minimize any exploitable loopholes which could compromise the integrity of the entire story. 

However, I am still debating on the time lapse part considering. the finale itself has a lot of unanswered questions and plotholes which have yet to be covered up. 

If ever Hasbro decides to give this story a cease and dessist order, which I doubt would even happen, then of course I would put the story down and re-adjust it with new characters or a new set of scenarios. 

Well, this story is kinda non-monetary and it would be done separated from the show, with inspirations coming different other stories, shows, movies, even personal experiences. It's not entirely in direct competition to the show, but rather, a possible alternate story which adjusts to the current timeline of the show. Like how should we say, originally, I simply intended to have a random foreign faction to simply pop out from across the ocean, but given the time lapses of the current Finale, perhaps the actions of Twilight and Starlight themselves triggered this story.

So, it would be much like any other literary work or fanfiction out there. What I meant by team, are a group of friends helping me out to iron out my story and minimize any exploitable loopholes which could compromise the integrity of the entire story.

However, I am still debating on the time lapse part considering. the finale itself has a lot of unanswered questions and plotholes which have yet to be covered up.

That's nice and all that but it doesn't answer my question. How will you get Hasbros permission for this?

That's nice and all that but it doesn't answer my question. How will you get Hasbros permission for this?

Well... umm... I don't think standard fanfictions need permission. O-o I have seen fanfictions make free use of Hasbro's characters and not get slammed for them. This fanfiction is pretty much standard as well, only it would be something like Fallout Equestria in terms of length and complexity. And that is a rough estimate. Could be shorter or longer, depending on content. And even Fallout EQD made use of Hasbro's characters. Same goes for another fanfiction I read, Harmony Theory. 

I think this falls under the Fair Use of copyrighted materials, such as Hasbro's characters and timeline. And umm.. given what I have planned, I think it would fall under such fair usage. 

If anybody here have any points to raise regarding such issues, kindly raise them to me in the comments. I need to know more of what I am jumping into. 

Well... umm... I don't think standard fanfictions need permission.

I'm pretty sure that they do. It's just that Hasbro don't seem to care about fanfiction. But even if standard fanfictions doesn't need permission you still need it. You mention that you would like it to be a comic. And I'm pretty sure that Hasbro wouldn't be too happy about someone making a comic that could pose a threat against their own, and certainly not a comic containing their own characters.

I'm pretty sure that they do. It's just that Hasbro don't seem to care about fanfiction. But even if standard fanfictions doesn't need permission you still need it. You mention that you would like it to be a comic. And I'm pretty sure that Hasbro wouldn't be too happy about someone making a comic that could pose a threat against their own, and certainly not a comic containing their own characters.

Making it into a comic is the main goal. Basically, the only goal. The reason why I would also like to make this into a fanfic so it would be easier to establish the timeline, to better create the comic. And should the comic fail to be completed or if it is discontinued, the fanfiction would instead be put out to make up for it. 

And a threat against their own? I doubt it. Considering my comic would be my own story, or my take on story development. Basically fan related material. Of course, I would give due credit for the MLP: FIM Franchise, as well as Lauren Faust of course. 

I am have talked with other fanfiction writers and comic makers, they never needed a permit or anything to put their works up online. They simply gave credit to where it is due. This is not a video project or anything of that matter, considering I may not reach that kind of level. And bear in mind, these other comic makers and writers also hold donations and such for their works, and yet they do not get slammed by Hasbro.

Comic such as Past Sins, Timey Wimey, Dash Academy, etc and fanfictions such as Harmony Theory, Fallout EQ, etc, I do not recall their writers or artists ever having trouble with Hasbro's PR department nor do they say anything about them needing some sort of permit to publish their works. For me, I think fan art is a form of advertisement for Hasbro and a show of support for their show. I don't think they would truly want to attack any of their fans that way, unless these fans are getting some sort of monetary gain out of it. Like how should we say needing some sort of payment to see their works, etc. 

That is what I no is not acceptable for Hasbro. Should their copyrighted material be used as a form of livelihood without their permission, then I would understand if somebody gets slammed for that. 

Perhaps they are stricter on video productions. 

So, here are some articles on the matter:

https://www.standoutbooks.com/fan-fiction-legal/

http://io9.com/5933976/are-fan-fiction-and-fan-art-legal

Hopefully it helps both our cases. 

• Brohoof 1

I could lend a hand. I could be a canon consultant, or writer(especially for horror or romance).

That is actually... brilliant. :D With what I've got planned, I would need as much information and help I could get in order to get this story airborne. 

:) Hmm.. Well, romance is a pretty good focus in this story. :) I hope you do not mind the addition of some, supposedly hated characters in the show. ^^" 

Anyways, what are your opinions on King Sombra? :) Do you think, if ever the Crystal heart gets knocked out of place, rendering its binding powers on Sombra inoperable, would he be set free and return ? :3 

That is actually... brilliant. :D With what I've got planned, I would need as much information and help I could get in order to get this story airborne. 

:) Hmm.. Well, romance is a pretty good focus in this story. :) I hope you do not mind the addition of some, supposedly hated characters in the show. ^^" 

Anyways, what are your opinions on King Sombra? :) Do you think, if ever the Crystal heart gets knocked out of place, rendering its binding powers on Sombra inoperable, would he be set free and return ? :3 

King Sombra died in the Season 3 premier, by canon, according to the writers. Though if you consider the comics canon, the game is changed entirely. The comics state that even though he was gone, he could still be brought back through his horn, which would imply that he was brought back from the dead. The Crystal Heart seems to hold the magic needed to keep Sombra at bay, so if it did manage to be displaced, he would be capable of returning, given there's a way to resurrect his psychical self. 

• Brohoof 1

King Sombra died in the Season 3 premier, by canon, according to the writers. Though if you consider the comics canon, the game is changed entirely. The comics state that even though he was gone, he could still be brought back through his horn, which would imply that he was brought back from the dead. The Crystal Heart seems to hold the magic needed to keep Sombra at bay, so if it did manage to be displaced, he would be capable of returning, given there's a way to resurrect his psychical self. 

Well, I am not too familiar with the comics. I could imagine there would be some sort of spell to bring him back, considering there is a spell for time travelling. But that spell would involve a lot of power, and the Crystal Heart to be out of place.... ^^"

And yes, the horn. I was planning for a scene wherein the terrorist like faction in my story brings Sombra back, and he gets brought back starting from his horn. Sort of like a cult thingy. 

Had to edit the quoted post above. ^^" Sorry for the inconvenience. 

• Brohoof 1

So we're going with the cartoon canon.

It's very likely there's a spell that can bring back Sombra, but a reanimation spell would probably be forbidden and top secret. Prhaps you could make it so some of the terrorist members work in high profile jobs while undercover. One of them would have the chance to take the spell. It would add some tension too, since you wouldnt know who to trust    

I'd like to help out on the fantasy-related aspects of this.

Awesome :D This story would be a complex mix of multiple aspects put together. ^^ 

Are you a writer or an artist? :3 

So we're going with the cartoon canon.

It's very likely there's a spell that can bring back Sombra, but a reanimation spell would probably be forbidden and top secret. Prhaps you could make it so some of the terrorist members work in high profile jobs while undercover. One of them would have the chance to take the spell. It would add some tension too, since you wouldnt know who to trust    

Well, Canterlot might fall to the terrorists if ever xD lol Plus, yeah... in my story, you would never know who to trust and there are a lot of plot twists as well. :)

Awesome :D This story would be a complex mix of multiple aspects put together. ^^ 

Well, Canterlot might fall to the terrorists if ever xD lol Plus, yeah... in my story, you would never know who to trust and there are a lot of plot twists as well. :)

Perfect :D Also, do you accept the addition of OCs in your story?

Well, I am not really sure. xD Does he have a backstory? :3 

Kind of. He grew up in Applewood(Hollywood), and lives in Equestrian Seattle. He's shy, yet street smart and kinda sleazy. He can manipulate sound with his horn to make music.

Kind of. He grew up in Applewood(Hollywood), and lives in Equestrian Seattle. He's shy, yet street smart and kinda sleazy. He can manipulate sound with his horn to make music.

He could be perfect with one of the scenarios I am planning. :) A Charity Concert. xD 

• Brohoof 1

I'd like to write for this project of yours. 

Excellente :3 Hmm... this would be a massive project, covering different topics and styles. :) Are you up for it? 

I'd like to contribute what I can. I might run into problems with my academic schedule later on but I'll worry about it when it comes. 

I'd like to contribute what I can. I might run into problems with my academic schedule later on but I'll worry about it when it comes. 

Well, do not worry. Real life should always come first. :) 

And I am looking forward to working alongside you to make this story possible. 

• Brohoof 1