Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Near Kisses

Grtxkkyz

Has anypony had them???Now i'll tell you a funny story 'bout me.I was in first or second grade of primary school at that time,i don't recall exactly.And i met this girl(don't recall her name).She was in sixth grade and was very tall,with a body like that of other female almost teenagers.Her face was always smiling and she had very red cheeks.Her personality was similar to that of Pinkie Pie,albeit more calm.I threated her like another person.greeting her and nothin' more.But she always approached me,talked a lot of time with me,looked like me with a sweet face and thought i was cute because at that time i still was a small,chubby,walking meatball with a huge love of dinosaurs and extinct animals that still continues to this day.One day,when i was walking to the school's exit so my mother would came for me,she appeared and said goodbye.But suddenly,she formed a kiss with her lips and leaned down to kiss me!!!I took her outta the way and ran as fast as heck towards the exit.I told my mother,she just giggled and said it was because that girl thought i was cute,nothing more.Now,i've changed a lot and don't consider me cute anymore.What i'm telling you is a TRUE STORY.It happened a long time ago,yet i still recall it perfectly as if it was yesterday.So,have you had any near kisses in your life???

Edited by Dino-Mario

Other than that one time when my GF tried to lick something from my cheek, nope.

....ehh....

Anyways, I never had a girl kiss nor near kiss me. The closest I've had is a few hug (From the girl I used to love :wub:) but thats really it

I do remember kissing girls when I was 9 and not in a friend kind of way...I know creepy, right? Than there was the girls who thought I had a cute butt...damn

Umm....Is it bad that this happens to pegasisters too?

I liked the guy and we were just chatting in the hall between classes in high school. We were always "flirty" with one another, but never really called attention to anything (we claimed we dated, but all we did was hold hands...does that count? Oh, we were in 7th grade, just to say). But I was about to move away so I had already withdrew from classes, but I didn't get to say bye to him. So I snuck on campus and...I grabbed him outside his class to give him a hug goodbye. Well, we had one of those weird feelings were he was going to kiss me apparently (my cheeks were sooo red! >_<). But then, THE BELL RANG! And all the people in his class could see us, and I burst out in nervous giggles and just squeezed him tightly, saying "BYE!!!" And ran off.....

He texted me about it later when I was in the airport and I explained...But I'm still nervous with kissing guys I like >//////<

There's such a thing?! :o

I think the only problem with some of you is that you lack confidence...

Also it helps to find out if they actually like you beforehand because this has never happened to me ;)

Amen!

I didn't have my first true kiss until I was 26. How sad is that? Actually, I'm glad for it because my first kiss was also my last because that person ended up being my soul mate. :wub: :wub: :wub:

I had too many of them. I had some 100% opportunities which I either realised too late or didn't wanted to risk a good friendship. The only time I've made out was the 2 hours I had a girlfriend and once when I had been really drunk. Iam still not confortable with making the first step with a girl, even when I know she has a crush on me http://mlpforums.com/public/style_emoticons/default/dry.png

I had too many of them. I had some 100% opportunities which I either realised too late or didn't wanted to risk a good friendship. The only time I've made out was the 2 hours I had a girlfriend and once when I had been really drunk. Iam still not confortable with making the first step with a girl, even when I know she has a crush on me http://mlpforums.com/public/style_emoticons/default/dry.png

Should I make a dating advice thread???

nope, no near ones, but i had a friend in kindergarten which was a girl and once while playing some kind of a prince princess game we kissed, it was like half a second but still a kiss i guess. I have been wondering, does this make my next - real first kiss an actual real one or did i ruin it with that one unromantic one? :P

Honestly, I'm quite likely to never be kissed.

Posted Image

As for near kisses, I don't recall ever having one like that. I've had awkward kisses before (especially my first kiss where the boy couldn't kiss to save his life, and I probably wasn't all that great then either), normal and intimate kisses, but none a near miss ones.

Actually, I have turned my head away from a kiss before, does this count...?

I will say, though, that I agree it is about confidence, and also about timing. Having too much confidence with it can be bad, too, though. Because you might find the girl/guy will turn away if you do so abruptly and out of nowhere. It has to be a moment where you both are comfortable with it, and it's natural.

From a girls viewpoint here, we will usually indicate when we want to be kissed.

If you lean in towards her and she moves back or turns her head away do not keep going. It's obvious she is awkward, and it might just be due to pure embarrassment rather than her not wanting it. Apologize and see what she says, and give her time to approach you for a kiss afterwards.

Timing, sometimes some things happen that can ruin the moment, but it doesn't mean it is gone forever. If the moment does pass, don't try to get it back as it will only make it much more awkward. Just let things unfold in their own time, and if you never do get that moment again, then it wasn't meant to be with that person. But this shouldn't make you feel bad about it!x

• Brohoof 1

LOL, I've had one and I wasn't interested in the guy so I kinda backed up and was like, 'Whoa, whoa, back off dude!' It was a little awkward. I don't really care but he still hates me.

If someone doesn't want to kiss you, they're either a), not ready, or B), not interested. Don't feel bad about it or be angry at them. It's a personal descision. There's lots of people out there and this one just wasn't meant for you.

(edited)

Aside from girlfriends teasing me in going for a kiss and then turning away and laughing....

My first actual date ever, took this girl to see a movie and we walked around the mall for a while. She was the most boring and annoying human being on the planet. Originally I had planned to kiss her goodbye, but after the date I didn't want to. She went in for one but I just hugged her nicely and told her the next day that I didn't have a good time.

CALL ME A DOUCHE.... but hey, boring/annoying girls = not fun.

Since then I haven't had any "near kisses", I've pretty much gotten to the age where, you go for it and if not go for the cheek.

Edited by TOMahwk