Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Trading, selling or want forums?

Pikashoes

I know I am new here, but surfing through the forums pages, I was curious, has there ever been a suggestion about selling, wanting or trading pony forums? 

Seeing how there was a merchandise forum and almost everyone has a collection, I would think it would be a good idea.

I've been to other MLP forums and its mostly for older gen ponies.

We could help each other out on finding our missing pony merchandise for our collections, that we cannot find in our local area or online.

Everything can be done via paypal for selling, people needing to weed out their collection and make a quick dollar. Cause sometimes eBay and Amazon don't cut it.

Trading can be closely monitored, or in my opinion picture proof of the item you would want to trade.

Plus a Want post so people can say what they are looking for specifically. 

Could also have a page of black listed people, to let others know not to sell/trade with.

Thanks for your time

~Pikashoes

• Brohoof 1

Yes, a marketplace element has been suggested several times in the past. Unfortunately this is a model that we continue to look at unfavorably. Without an appropriate escrow mechanism this is something we would not want to implement here. There is too much risk of a sour transaction that would negatively impact the user experience. Even if we designed the forum and rules in a way that MLPF and the staff had limited liability, the perception would still exist that we would need to intervene on disputes between two parties. I would rather not open members up to being taken advantage of when there are better options available for Pony collectors out there that allow these protections.

• Brohoof 2