Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

critique wanted My OC/Ponysona

Catpone Cerberus

So..here is my OC or should I say, ponysona.

post-35322-0-14104900-1455724224_thumb.png
post-35322-0-30412200-1455724275_thumb.png

(Body is just normal pony body but my drawing skills made him look big)
(Floating leg is his left foreleg)

Name:

Silent Reverie

(Thank you Hederik, for the name)

Personality:

Tries to be friendly towards everyone, but there is always a limit.
Can seem cold for those who don't know him well.
Keeps emotions to himself
Thoughtful (thinks sometmes too hard)
Trustworthy
Tries to stay calm
Defends himself verbally sometimes too hard
Underrates himself
Hates if there is literally nothing to do

Backstory:

In little town somewhere in average house there was happy average Family living. In that family there was one colt [insert name here].

[name] didn't have any siblings but that didn't matter to him, he was normal colt but was lot on his own minding his own business. But that was his own choice and besides little loneliness, he was okay with it.

As time went, town's ponies started to more and more move out towards bigger places like manehattan, in some time most of those who he called friends were moved out somewhere. 
As town got more empty every day, soon became the day when was [name] time to move, his parents stayed in town but he moved out towards new places.

Soon town went out of existence and his parents moved to manehattan too.

Hobbies and likings:

Loves bracelets and uses them every waking moment.
Likes to get new bracelets
Loves all kind of music
Likes math in some degree
Studies random things for fun.
Likes learning new things

Hobbies:
"Studying"
Going for a walk
Listening music

Other things:
This OC is based on me, besides backstory it's pretty much me.

The cutiemark, why it is what it is.

I don't have "special talent" so I made cutiemark showing something that might be someway "special" about me.
And that cutiemark holds the idea that, Sometimes he goes so deep in his thoughts that he "closes" everything else outside him. Same when he concentrates on something.
(I don't mean in levels that it is harmful)(he don't "register" outside, for example hear what others say)
And the fact that he likes thinking in general.

I know that design is not most original out there.

My backstory isn't five stars worthy story nor was never to be planned to be.(but it doesn't mean that I throw any  comments about it in trashcan)

General critique is appreciated.
Edited by The Cerberus
  • Brohoof 3

HHMMMmmmmmmm..... I'm sorta stumped with this one :/

Though there is some information, there's still not a lot to go on.. :huh:

As for the cutie mark.. there's nothing wrong with being a blank flank until you find your talent ;)

I'm a blank flank myself.. I don't know my special talent.. ...  I mean,

I might be pretty smart but you don't see a brain on my butt :P

Picking a name for a pony such as yours.. Is super hard to think any good ones that suit..

Idk.. Mind Trot?  :ooh:  Nah.. :okiedokielokie: ... I can't think of any right now..

Ponies in MLP often name each other from what they actually do..

or their personality.. So what is your ponysona's occupation or hobbies?

this will really help bring in the ideas and lower the.. uh.. unknown..ness.. :P

EDIT: Heehee, My profile picture matches my expression perfectly when trying to think of a name for your OC.. :lol:

Edited by AURAequine
  • Brohoof 1

Hehe, that doesn't narrow it down much xD ... All that really said was he really REALLY likes bracelets

So i feel the name could relate to that or something.. Like Bracer.. or maybe something with Trinket in it.. or something Bangle? :huh:

EDIT: I'm fairly tired right now.. I'll be glad to help brainstorm some more ideas in the morning ;)

That being like.. 6-12 hours from now.. depending on how long i sleep in for :lol:

Edited by AURAequine
  • Brohoof 1

Hehe, that doesn't narrow it down much xD ... All that really said was he really REALLY likes bracelets

So i feel the name could relate to that or something.. Like Bracer.. or maybe something with Trinket in it.. or something Bangle? :huh:

It's hard to invent hobbies to pony who is like you when you don't have hobbies. :squee:

I will edit it if i get more :D  There is no hurry after all. :please:

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...

From an artist perspective, I am a little bored with the color scheme... I think that giving him a lighter grey coat and maybe adding some light highlights to his hair will make all the difference! I love his little earphones! They are SO cute haha! I am terrible at giving advice about bios so it looks good to me! And thats ok that he doesn't really know what his special talent is yet! Blank flanks RULE! haha. Great job!

• Brohoof 1

From an artist perspective, I am a little bored with the color scheme... I think that giving him a lighter grey coat and maybe adding some light highlights to his hair will make all the difference! I love his little earphones! They are SO cute haha! I am terrible at giving advice about bios so it looks good to me! And thats ok that he doesn't really know what his special talent is yet! Blank flanks RULE! haha. Great job!

I appreciate your feedback. ^_^

Inner Sanctum.

Silent Reverie.

Calm Waters.

Trancer.

It is rather difficult, admittedly, when you can't name the special talent, since that is most often what determines -- or at least highly correlates with -- the name, as well as cutie mark.

Also, filly is an underaged mare, i.e. female pony. Since your OC is a he, you should really call him a colt in the backstory ;)

• Brohoof 1

Silent Reverie.

That actually sounds pretty good. :ooh:

filly is an underaged mare, i.e. female pony. Since your OC is a he, you should really call him a colt

Thank you for informing this. That is one thing I haven't been sure. :lol: