Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Brony Extras Wanted For Movie

Ponies4Bronies

I was looking around the news and I found a nice little article. It was asking for Hello Kitty fans, Japanese street fashion people, and Bronies for extras in a scene. I don't know what scene. But it is being filmed in Chicago. It's about a crazy office party and stars Jason Bateman and Jennifer Aniston. I don't think they mean to do any harm to us as they wouldn't go around asking for actual bronies but rather pay non-brony people to dress as bronies. I think its cool that we are featured in a movie anyway, however I am always skeptical when we are featured in any media. What do you guys think? Is this good for us or do they mean to make fun of us, like it is a comedy after all, although I won't mind if it's funny and witty like their other movies.

Heres the link,

http://www.chicagotribune.com/entertainment/ct-office-christmas-party-chicago-casting-20160317-story.html

• Brohoof 1

this is interesting, I dont think this is going to be a bad thing towards the brony community but we will have to see that for ourselves once it comes out in theaters

I like both those actors and the movies they typically star in are not insult humor and the more funny witty humor, I don't think they will make fun of Bronies because they had other groups become extras too. If anything it will just be a backdrop at like an anime/comic convention or something, its the only things all groups they wanted have in common. Also, any self-respecting brony wouldn't be a part of a movie that made fun of the fandom. Heck, if they do I have built up enough respect for those actors not to be bothered by it, but others may and speculation is always fun. I think any Chicago area bronies should check it out.

The news article you linked doesn't say the film is calling for actual fans, just extras to play the fans.

That.....would be really irritating. I mean, I don't think they are gonna do that as there are millions of actual bronies to choose from. 

If they go through with doing these extras though, that would be pretty awesome either way. Something tells me it will focus a lot on convention culture though. That would be alien to me, since I have never been to one of those conventions. : P

The news article you linked doesn't say the film is calling for actual fans, just extras to play the fans.

Oh well then, I guess that was my mind hoping the above wasn't true, throw everything out the window about this movie being positive. Expect the worst.

Oh well then, I guess that was my mind hoping the above wasn't true, throw everything out the window about this movie being positive. Expect the worst.

I have no idea of their motivations, but it's a whole lot easier to find people who aren't necessarily bronies to play the part. They are called extras after all, so it's probably a crowd scene where it wouldn't matter if the people are actually fans or not. Don't be too quick to assume the worst, but keep in mind that it's a comedy, after all. (Bronies, ha, ha, ha!)

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Olivia-Munn-Joins-Office-Christmas-Party-Which-Already-Packed-With-Celebrities-119267.html

Found this forget about the actress they are talking about but they do give a sort of idea to the movie's plot. It is a Christmas party gone wrong, and as I can think it involves them ending up at some brony convention and freaking out or whatever or like hating on them somehow.

I have no idea of their motivations, but it's a whole lot easier to find people who aren't necessarily bronies to play the part. They are called extras after all, so it's probably a crowd scene where it wouldn't matter if the people are actually fans or not. Don't be too quick to assume the worst, but keep in mind that it's a comedy, after all. (Bronies, ha, ha, ha!)

I must be too concerned about the fandoms image then. Just imagine all the neutral people or people who don't know about us seeing something negative to turn them the wrong way. And a ton of people are going to see it, it's Jason and Jennifer in a holiday comedy, it will be seen by a lot of people. That is why I am freaking out.

Well, they will probably make one or two jokes at our expense and I would guess that the extras will look like the brony sterotype. But I don't think that it will hurt this fandom in any way.

• Brohoof 1