Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What movies do you want to see in 2024?

Dreambiscuit

We’re well into 2024 but there are a lot of movies yet to premiere. Which ones are you looking forward to the most? What are you interested in seeing in theaters (or streaming) this year and what are your expectations?

• Excited 2

(edited)

I really want to see:

Abigail, 

IF,

Kung Fu Panda 4,

Twisters.

I know there's going to be a lot more coming out but I have to poke around and see what trailers they've got on YT. I'll update my list when I learn more. 

I don't expect anything earth-shattering from Twisters but it looks like some easy fun at the movies. Abigail is a vampire flick but it has an interesting twist that I have to explore. IF (Imaginary Friend) looks so dang fun and I expect good things there. Kung Fu Panda, well, what can I say? It's Kung Fu Panda! 'Nuff said!

Oh, and I forgot, I still have yet to see Godzilla Minus One. That's a big one on the list. Yeah, it's from 2023 but I'm still getting caught up. 

Edited by Dreambiscuit
  • Hugs 3

Probably Sonic3. I loved the first two movies and really it’s hard not to be excited for 3

• Brohoof 1

For year 2024 I was only aware of Dune part 2 when it comes to movies I really want to see. 

The catch is, I've seen it already, yesterday (and was absolutely blown away by sheer size of it, somehow it managed to top part 1, which was already a great movie), BUT I saw it in "regular" cinema and friends did coerce me to go for imax with them on upcoming monday, so here's that. 

I want to see Dune part 2 in imax :squee:

• Hugs 1

(edited)

Civil War. Made a bet with a friend if it will be released before the actual 2nd American Civil War begins. I'm a fan of Dune but the first film (recent) and that one from the 80s both don't live up to the novels (which book adaption does anyways?).

Edited by Kosmostiraedan

I’ve been told that Dune Part 2 is really good, so I took a look at Dune Part 1 to get up to speed on the story. Unfortunately it really sucks, just like the original 1984 version; over-long and boring. But this is the oddity: Dune Part 1 did poorly at the box office but Dune Part 2 is a huge hit. I’m not sure what to read into that but I’ll get caught up on the sequel when I can.

• Hugs 1

10 hours ago, Dreambiscuit said:

I’ve been told that Dune Part 2 is really good, so I took a look at Dune Part 1 to get up to speed on the story. Unfortunately it really sucks, just like the original 1984 version; over-long and boring. But this is the oddity: Dune Part 1 did poorly at the box office but Dune Part 2 is a huge hit. I’m not sure what to read into that but I’ll get caught up on the sequel when I can.

As a huge fan of the book I thought part 1 was great but Part 2 added a bunch of unnecessary crap to make it appeal more to a mainstream audience. Now I'm wondering if I was just really excited about a big budget Dune and want to read the book again.

The 1984 movie was a fun 80s movie but it made a ton of changes to the story too.

• Brohoof 1

• 5 weeks later...
On 2024-03-13 at 10:05 AM, Fluttershutter said:

As a huge fan of the book I thought part 1 was great but Part 2 added a bunch of unnecessary crap to make it appeal more to a mainstream audience. Now I'm wondering if I was just really excited about a big budget Dune and want to read the book again.

The 1984 movie was a fun 80s movie but it made a ton of changes to the story too.

I'm going to see the movie this weekend so I can give the series another chance. Then I can speak about it with more intelligence (I hope). :please:

• Brohoof 1