Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

If you could see any movie (ever) in a theater, what would it be?

Dreambiscuit

Let’s say you can see any movie ever made, up on a big screen. What would it be? It can be any movie from any era from silent movies up to the present day. This is a tough choice so you can name a few of your top picks. They may be old favorites or something you’re just curious about. Please tell us what your choices are and why you chose them.

• Brohoof 1
  • Excited 1

I would like to see MLP A New Generation in theaters. Some other countries premiered it there, but we had to settle for a Netflix release. I didn’t mind it too much at the time, not knowing what to expect regarding being a FIM sequel, but since the Twiligram, I kinda wanted that chance :sunny:

• Brohoof 1
  • smile 1

Well I got to see both Gurren Lagann movies in theaters so I’m covered

At this point the most I really want is to re-experience Infinity War and Endgame in packed theaters again 

• Brohoof 1

I'd like something like the Star Wars Trilogy or the Lord of the Rings Trilogy in a theater but all that sitting would kill by butt!

Basically if I won the lottery I'd have my own private IMAX theater.

• Party! 1

Either Jurassic Park or Ninja Scroll. Jurassic Park would have been absolutely mind-blowing to experience in theaters when it released. It was re-released at one point over 10 years ago but I didn't get to see that. 

• Brohoof 2

5 hours ago, Nightlight1313 said:

Probably Paprika. It's my favorite movie ever and I think the big screen would really up the atmosphere.

I watched that for the first time last year. It is one hell of an experience. O_O If I saw it in a theater, that would have been even more mesmerizing.

• Brohoof 1
  • Excited 1

Some really cool ideas here. I'd choose Close Encounters of the Third Kind (1977). I've never seen it on the big screen and I always wanted to. It's a classic from one of my favorite times in movie history. It really demands a big screen.

12 hours ago, Fluttershutter said:

I'd like something like the Star Wars Trilogy or the Lord of the Rings Trilogy in a theater but all that sitting would kill by butt!

I saw the original Star Wars trilogy in a triple feature at a charity showing and it was mind-blowing...but, as you said, it was a butt killer. 

• Brohoof 1
  • Hugs 1

(edited)
20 hours ago, Dreambiscuit said:

Let’s say you can see any movie ever made, up on a big screen. What would it be?

Frozen. Seeing the snow on a HUGE screen and haring those songs with theater-quality speakers would be...Cool. :devious:

Edited by Sparklefan1234
  • Brohoof 1
  • smile 1

(edited)

End of Evangelion. Which I’m actually going to be able to see in theaters next month on the 17th. Genuinely a bucket list item for me, so excited for it.

Besides that? Maybe Apocalypse Now? I almost feel like that’s better watched alone though because a 3+ runtime in a theater would be rough.

Edited by Iforgotmybrain
  • Brohoof 1

Perfect Blue is one I always wanted to see on the big screen. The Room would be probably be my second pick. Seeing that in a theater would be hilarious. :P

• Brohoof 1

7 hours ago, Woohoo said:

Any of the older Disney animated movies for me. :love:

Now I want to see Bambi and the finale of "The Great Mouse Detective" on the big screen. 

• Brohoof 1
  • Excited 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2024-02-28 at 4:29 PM, Sparklefan1234 said:

Now I want to see Bambi and the finale of "The Great Mouse Detective" on the big screen. 

I've seen them both on the big screen and wow, so worth it!

• Brohoof 1
  • Hugs 1

6 minutes ago, ZiggWheelsManning said:

But what years did you see both:squee: of them?  

I saw Bambi when I was fairly young, so late 90s I think. Great Mouse Detective I saw about ten years ago. Both were special showings and not regular re-releases. I don't remember the exact years. 

• Brohoof 1