gaming Favorite Bowling Video Game

Kyoshi Frost Wolf

Bowling is one of the few sports that I actually really enjoy, despite being absolutely terrible at it. The simplicity of throwing a really heavy ball at some little pillars never gets old and that glorious sound when the pins have met their rolling fiend face-to-face, never gets old. <3

With that though, there are plenty of good bowling games out there that have been released in the past, but...where is a GOOD bowling game for the modern consoles? The only thing we have received was Brunswick Pro Bowling and that game is already a bad last gen game that was just ported over. Seeing videos of it, it looks decent graphically, but the physics look terrible and very exploitable, all for $50 too! Insane. What I want is a great bowling game for next gen, but for now, we can't seem to get anything good.

Here though, we can discuss what our favorite bowling video games are. :3 Games that bring the fun of the sport into the home and actually do it well. What are some favorites you can think of?

For me, I have two favorites:

High Velocity Bowling for PS3: This game was so friggin' good. I am surprised nothing is ever heard of it now as it seems forgotten by everyone, but I still love it. It uses motion controls in a very minimal way but it still keeps the game having variety. The pin physics were fantastic and there was a decent amount of content too, and this game was $10! Take that, Brunswick. 

League Bowling for the Neo-Geo: A Neo Geo arcade game from the 90's and still a very playable and fun game today. While it of course doesn't have realistic physics completely, for the time, this was an amazing little title and I still play it. There is a lot of style to it and it is very easy to get into. For me, that gives a ton of replayability. 

• Brohoof 1

KyoshiFrostWolfSIG1.jpg.b0b2e3d0d15e6abf25982983986dcba1.jpg

Milo's Astro Lanes on the Nintendo 64. This game had it all. Quirky characters, powerups and traps to attack your opponents/friends with, and a really charismatic announcer who you couldn't hate even as he insulted your (lack of) skills.

Oh I'm sure there's plenty of games like that, such as the Animaniacs bowling game on the original Playstation, but Milo's is the one that really stood out.

Cartoony is the only way to play sports games. :D

• Brohoof 1

Playstation Home: where all the lanes in the bowling alley was always full and nobody was ever playing pool.

Aaaaaaah yes. Playstation Home, this brings back a bunch of nostalgia for me. There was something about that whole program that I liked, I guess it was the potential social aspect of it, even if I didn't talk to people much. :P The bowling was fun though. 

KyoshiFrostWolfSIG1.jpg.b0b2e3d0d15e6abf25982983986dcba1.jpg

Outside of Wii Sports, I haven't really played any bowling video games.

So by default it is my favorite.

Also there is apparently more bowling video games than I thought there would be.

CJlO22H.png

Milo's Astro Lanes on the Nintendo 64. This game had it all. Quirky characters, powerups and traps to attack your opponents/friends with, and a really charismatic announcer who you couldn't hate even as he insulted your (lack of) skills.

Oh I'm sure there's plenty of games like that, such as the Animaniacs bowling game on the original Playstation, but Milo's is the one that really stood out.

Cartoony is the only way to play sports games. :D

I'm glad I'm not the only one who remembers this game!!! It's very underrated!! I liked playing it as a kid!

Edited by Metallic Strings
  • Brohoof 1