Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Suggestion for new 'section': Finding Friends

Just a lil, quick suggestion

I've been browsing the forums for a while, and a certain type of topic often pops up. The topic draws overwhelmingly positive response each time, but gets locked on sight by the mods ( for very valid reasons, to be fair ). This topics are those "Hello, I'm looking for a friend!" kind of topic. A recent example can be found here: https://mlpforums.com/topic/149323-anypony-want-a-new-friend/

Well, of course, there's a mega thread for this called "Finding your new best friend", but I don't think it's very user friendly. Half of the people who posted their information there are probably inactive by now, and well, looking for friends that way is kinda like picking out good watermelons at the grocery store, which is not necessarily a bad thing, but yeah.

This is a recurring problem. Of course, when the mods lock the thread they say it's better suited as a 'status update' or a 'blog post', but those who view your status update are likely to already be your friends in the first place. Blog posts, yeah, sure. But they aren't viewed very often. Topics however, draw more attention, and they stay in view for a while, unlike status updates which get pushed down in the 'recent status updates' tab.

Ya know, I find the lack of a section dedicated to friends amusing. You know, because these are the 'my little pony' forums.

So I propose this: Create an entire section dedicated to helping users old and new alike find new friends with ease. I'm sure you could clear some of the 4 year old dead topics in the RP section to make space on the server.

Edit: This example highlights another problem: https://mlpforums.com/topic/139920-i-would-really-really-like-to-make-new-friends/?hl=new+friend

The way the mods responded to this topic differs from the way the mods responded to the topic above. Don't the mods have a standard set of protocols to follow?

Edited by Guest

Mods do have general protocols to follow, however I am not going to respond to the specific actions of prior staff. That would be rude and unhelpful.

Question-wouldn't clicking through a series of topics have the same feeling of 'produce' shopping as reviewing several posts in a topic? If not what would the difference be, specific to that feeling?

@@Jeric,

hmmmm... Now that i think of it, good point.

There's a form you fill out for the 'finding you new best friend' thread, where you state your likes/dislikes, kinda like the nutritional tag on food in supermarkets, wheres on the independent topics they seem to be making friends blindly, not based on their likes/dislikes... Though, lots of friendships are forged on neutral interests....

Sorry for calling out specific incidents. The incidents were spaced far apart in time. The protocols could have been changed...