Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Slice of Life Anthro RP

J.R.

@@captainborgue, @, @@Mentis Soliloquy,
JR blinked as he saw the dragoness enter the sho--this place was getting more and more crazy by the second, and there was literally nothing he could to to contain it. Regardless, he was noticeably intrigued to see the 25$ bill, but before he could offer her change, she had already left. He figured it was meant as some kind of gratuity, and happily accepted it.

After getting the tea for the dragoness, turned his focus to the shark dude. Apparently he was in fact dehydrated, and rushed over to the table where he was with a huge glass of it, "No charge; the water's free." After that, he hurried back over to his work station and continued to keep his eyes out for anymore customers. His hair was getting a bit ruffled as well; a tell-tale sign of the fact that he was somewhat stressed. "Come on man...calm down....just calm down..." he thought.

"Oh, it's a frigging bloodbath," Denise grinned, almost looking excited, "You play as this monster hunter in this huge Victorian London-style city and you go around beating the crap out of monsters and demons, and you use their souls to get stronger!"

She could tell this girl was nervous, but hey, she asked.

She gulped, deciding to simply nod in reply, "Oh...well that sounds...nice." She looked around the store, and suddenly stared at something in the display cases that caught her eye, "...Is that a limited edition companion cube from Portal? I actually liked that game. The robots were so cute."

Greypaw smiles as she sat her booth and sipped on her hot chocolate, she looked over at the menu and sighs "There are so many new furs around here, I wonder if any of them have any children who will be starting school at the end of the summer" she thinks to herself, thinking about ordering something to eat.

@Drago Ryder

Svarlet nodded slightly and gave a nervous smile. "Um, yeah. Thanks." She said. The bird has seen Blitz's shift in mood, and www honestly scared that she had offended him. "Business has actually been kind of slow, so that would be nice. I may have to learn about dragon physiology, though."

(edited)

@captainborgue @Acnologia

Blitz noticed that a dragoness had entered the cafe out of the corner of his eye and felt his entire body tense. 'I never expected to see another dragon here." He thought to himself, before turning his attention back to Scarlet. "If you need a job, then you could work on the farm. I just brought in this year's harvest, so you could help me after the festival tomorrow."

@Unicorncob

Apep nodded and was temped to kiss Malfoy on the cheek to see what would happen, but decided against it, just to be safe. "I'll see you there." She said,. With that, the snake alithered past the wolf and continued through the grocery store.

Edited by Drago Ryder

(edited)

@Drago Ryder

Scarlet's eyes widened when Blitz had offered her a job at his farm, and also noticed that he acted nervous as soon as he noticed the other dragon in the room. "Ummm, thanks. I don't have anything going on tomorrow, so that would be perfect." She said. The bird then thought about the festival tomorrow and decided to take a slight risk. "Do you mind if I go with you to the festival? I mean, as a friend."

Edited by Acnologia

Greypaw sighed softly as she finishes her hot chocolate, it was almost crystal clear that noone was going to say hello to her, so she decided she would go and do some shopping. After leaving a tip for JR, she gets up and goes to the shopping mall. "Maybe I should leave town for a while?" she says to herself as she browses through the games in the video game store.

(edited)

She gulped, deciding to simply nod in reply, "Oh...well that sounds...nice." She looked around the store, and suddenly stared at something in the display cases that caught her eye, "...Is that a limited edition companion cube from Portal? I actually liked that game. The robots were so cute."

"Oh yeah, that one's an import," Denise said, with a smug smirk on her face, "Portal's pretty rad too, gets the brain going. It's kinda easy on single player, but the co-op's where it's really at."

She rolled her eyes as one of the many t-shirts hanging up reading 'The Cake is a Lie' was visible in her peripheral vision. "The memes get pretty old after a while though."

Apep nodded and was temped to kiss Malfoy on the cheek to see what would happen, but decided against it, just to be safe. "I'll see you there." She said,. With that, the snake alithered past the wolf and continued through the grocery store.

"Cool, I'll see you then!" Malfoy agreed, and watched the snake slither by. He continued through the grocery store, feeling a warmth in his chest.

Edited by Unicorncob

Malfoy was still smiling after Apep took her leave after making a new friend. He put one headphone in his ear and begun wheeling his cart through the store again eyeing the shelves up and down looking for anything he would need. Occasionally he would grab an item from a shelf and set it in his cart.

Soon the wolf had found all he needed which wasn't much being for a single animal living in his home. He approached the cashier who smiled at him. He put all of his items on the conveyor which pulled his items forward toward the cashier. They begun scanning everything with a repetitive *beep*.

After Malfoy gave the monetary value of the groceries to the cashier he grabbed his bags and left the store beginning to head home.

On his way home however the sight of the collectibles store caught his eye, it had been a while since he was inside and maybe he could use a new game. He figured after he dropped his groceries off he'd return and with that he continued through town.

Apep continued to shop for the next few minutes and she eventually found everything she needed for the next few days. After paying, the snake left the store and headed home. She couldn't really stop thinking about Malfoy, though. She hadn't met another animal who shared so many interests with her and was excited to learn more about him. A weird feeling began to stir in her chest and she felt a bit warmer. "I wonder what I should wear tomorrow." She thought to herself.

@Acnologia

Now it was Blitz's turn to be surprised. He hadn't expected Scarlet to ask him to accompany her to the festival and thought it over for a few minutes. She had said it would be as a friend, but there was no telling how others would interpret them spending time together. The dragon then decided to take a gamble and simply nodded. "Ok. I can pick you up tomorrow, or we can just meet there. Either one works for me."

"Oh yeah, that one's an import," Denise said, with a smug smirk on her face, "Portal's pretty rad too, gets the brain going. It's kinda easy on single player, but the co-op's where it's really at." She rolled her eyes as one of the many t-shirts hanging up reading 'The Cake is a Lie' was visible in her peripheral vision. "The memes get pretty old after a while though."

She nervously rubbed her arm, until she looked at the t shirts, "Oh wow....these are...adorable." She giggled, "I kind of enjoy the cat memes myself. They're always so adorable..." Looking back up at the rat, she started to blush slightly, "Oh dear...where's my manners. My name is Mary Alice. What's yours?" she asked, gently put her hand out to shake.

JR happily accepted the tip from Greypaw, and was kind of relieved to see there were some furs leaving the place. It meant less work for him. He glanced at the clock. Only 5 more hours of work he had to finish in this hellhole of a workplace and he could finally go home. Seeing as no one placed an order, he decided to sit down for the time being behind the counter, trying his best to resist the urge to pull out his 3DS from his pocket while on the job.

@@J.R., "Looks like I'll have to find a date from somewhere," Gemma replied, on hearing about the proposed discount. "I'm sure I can find someone I can put up with for the day. My main problem is finding someone who's willing to take me as I really am and look beneath the surface. Sadly, such men are few and far between."

That was Gemma's main problem as far as romance went. There were plenty of offers, but a lot of her dates seemed to think that she was a good time girl, only up for a quick fling, when in actual fact Gemma longed for a settled relationship.

@@Pripyat Pony,
JR scoffed in disgust. He hated those kinds of people that only cared about looks and not personality. He rolled his eyes, and held his arms behind his head, "Pfft. Yeah, those are the kinds of guys that take you in and one-night-stand you and kick you to the curb later. I hate guys like that. They give the guys who actually try a really bad rep." He shrugged his shoulders, "But then again, most guys are like that, because some girls are like that too. No offense to you in any way, but some girls treat guys like dirt, which causes them to retaliate with dirtiness. You on the other hand, I have faith in ya. The right guy'll come your way eventually because you're one of the few left with a good radiance to ya."

She nervously rubbed her arm, until she looked at the t shirts, "Oh wow....these are...adorable." She giggled, "I kind of enjoy the cat memes myself. They're always so adorable..." Looking back up at the rat, she started to blush slightly, "Oh dear...where's my manners. My name is Mary Alice. What's yours?" she asked, gently put her hand out to shake.

Denise smirked and grabbed Mary's hand to give it a vigorous shake. "I'm Denise, nice to meet ya."

She let go of her hand and leaned her arms on the tabletop. "So, anything you're looking for? If you're lookin' for something to get into, I'll give ya a few recommendations."

@@J.R., Gemma blushed, and smiled at J.R. "Thank you," she said. "I always prefer to not give such men what they want, thinking that if they're worth anything, then they'll come back. True, that hasn't happened yet, but I still live in hope. I agree with you on how girls are; not only how they treat men, but how they treat other girls. There are so many who are spiteful; Mom says it's cuz they're jealous and to ignore them, but it's very difficult."

@J.R.@

Miko watched the wolf pass her by. "She looks nice. Reminds me of my own GF." She polished off her giant latte. Ruby already finished her tea. She was looking out the window when soemthign caught her eye. A game store. "Well this has been a fun distraction. But, it's time to go to work, so-" Ruby grabbed her wrist. "Huh?" 

"Change of plans. We're goign over there."

"Over wh- you don't mean the game store do ya? We've got guitar tracks to demo!"

"Too bad, my half of the project. We're going in here." She waved back at JR. Thanks for the tea."

"For Pete's sake Ruby!" 

Malfoy continued through town once again noting the coffee shop which now had even more animals inside then just a little bit ago, even though that was the case the line seemed to have died down and Malfoy was rather thirsty and always was fond of the fruit infused tea at this shop.

@J.R.

The wolf got in line and waited his turn even though in one hand he had three shopping bags filled with food and supplies for home.

@@Pripyat Pony, @@Chip Circuit,
He shrugged, "Well as my grandma always said..." he cleared his throat and put on an old lady voice, "'Johnson Ringo. You ever see a girl that messes with you, you better walk away and never come back. And maybe put those tiny stereo things in ya ears.'" He chuckled and turned his voice normal, "Haha, in other words, just be yourself and just do what I do...." He pulled up his headphones around his neck, "Play some music and cancel the bullcrap." After putting them back down, he noticed Malfoy enter the place, and grinned, "Eyyy what up man? The usual I suppose?"

He filled a cup up with Malfoy's usual fruit infused tea, and put it on the counter.

Denise smirked and grabbed Mary's hand to give it a vigorous shake. "I'm Denise, nice to meet ya."

She let go of her hand and leaned her arms on the tabletop. "So, anything you're looking for? If you're lookin' for something to get into, I'll give ya a few recommendations."

She was a tad rattled from the shake and retracted her hand once she was let go. She started to look around a little, seemingly interested in what she had to offer, "Well....I am interested in something....classic and ..fun. Do you know of anything adventure-like that I could enjoy?"

(edited)

@@J.R.@[member=Pripyat Pony]

Malfoy smiled after hearing J.R.'s granny voice and then rose his hand in a wave as he was greeted. "Yeah that sounds great, also maybe you should use that granny voice more often, it's funny." He said as he walked up to the counter and pulled out his wallet with one hand since the other was clutching his groceries. He set down the usual amount for his tea on the counter and managed to slide his wallet back in his pocket before looking to the female that J.R. was speaking to. "Sorry about interrupting your conversation." 

He grabbed his tea with a refreshed smile and took a sip. "Mm. good as always J." He said before turning and heading to the door as he took another sip of his tea.

Edited by Chip Circuit

Scarlet nodded slightly and thought about Blitz's offer. "It would probably be easier if we just met at the beach." She said. "It would probably be faster that way." The bird didn't exactly trust the dragon just yet, and made a mental note to ask him about his reaction to the dragoness. There weren't many animals that were nervous around their own kind, so she wanted to try and help him.

@Acnologia

Blitz nodded slightly as he continued to drink his coffee. It had cooled off a bit, but it was still bitter. "Ok. That's understandable." He said. "I'll probably show you where you'll be working tomorrow. I guess you could consider this your interview." The dragon then smiled slightly and leaned forward slightly. "That being said, have you worked on a farm before? The planting season won't start until winter's passed, but experience is everything in this business."

She was a tad rattled from the shake and retracted her hand once she was let go. She started to look around a little, seemingly interested in what she had to offer, "Well....I am interested in something....classic and ..fun. Do you know of anything adventure-like that I could enjoy?"

"Adventure, eh?" Denise repeated, and began clicking her fingers rapidly in thought, "Oooh, another big question... okay, lemme have a look."

She went from behind the counter and jogged to the games section, looking through the shelves of selections for her customer.

"If you're looking something classic, I'd recommend Legend of Zelda, or Final Fantasy. Mario's quite an adventure as well. Or you could go for a bit of Spyro or Crash Bandicoot... and you'd be surprised how many Disney games on the PS1 are actually really good..." she went on and on for a bit.

"Adventure, eh?" Denise repeated, and began clicking her fingers rapidly in thought, "Oooh, another big question... okay, lemme have a look."

She went from behind the counter and jogged to the games section, looking through the shelves of selections for her customer.

"If you're looking something classic, I'd recommend Legend of Zelda, or Final Fantasy. Mario's quite an adventure as well. Or you could go for a bit of Spyro or Crash Bandicoot... and you'd be surprised how many Disney games on the PS1 are actually really good..." she went on and on for a bit.

Mary nodded, looking over the games with interest. She giggled after a moment, "Oh I love Zelda. The Navi fairy is just so adorable! And then there's the bid bad Ganondorf. He's mean..but I love how smart he is for a Villian. But Bowser's cool too....and did you hear about the new Death Battle coming out? It's them two."

(edited)

@@captainborgue@@J.R., @@Mentis Soliloquy

“Suffering? Now listen here my lovely-looking dragoness. I’m not suffering for anything. Why, I feel just fine- ohhhh, that breeze feels nice.” The mako finished his sentenced with a stupid grin plastered on his face and his eyes closed. He had also risen a finger when he started speaking, but his hand dropped and fell back to his side after feeling the wind. Even thought he saw the dragoness flapped her wings, the thought that the breeze was created by her didn’t even register in his mind.

Hearing the dragon lady spoke of a lake, Ren immediately wanted ask her for directions, but apparently it was not a good idea, or so she says. “Awww, but the lake sounds so nice! I want to go there!” He protested, sounding like a little kid as he was dragged off by the dragoness. Despite his opposition he did not struggle, but instead let the dragon lead him to where ever she was heading.

The entire trip to the café was silent, except for when he confirmed that he was indeed a shark… “And yes, you guessed right. I,” Ren paused for dramatic effect and raised a finger, “Am a variety of tuna!” He emphasized the word tuna loudly and went quiet, relishing the shade the dragoness was providing him with her wing. Yep. The heat was definitely messing with him...

After finally reaching the designated location, and entering the establishment, Ren felt a lot better. For one, the sun was no longer cooking him at a slow ninety to a hundred degrees. Secondly, there is air conditioning in the café. Who ever invented air conditioning is a god. As he was lead to a open table, Ren graciously took a seat, set down his travel sack on the next empty seat, and became lax. He stretched out his legs and let him arms hang down while he slowly leaned back, taking care not to give the fin on his back too much pressure. “Thank you so much, dragoddess. You’re a life saver.” The shark closed his eyes and thanked the dragon before letting out a sigh of relief.

Thud. The sudden sound of something hitting making contact with the table made him open his eyes. A huge glass of water was sitting right in front of him. The sight made him jerk his head towards the one who placed it there and gave him a big thank you. Turning back to face the glass the mako has never see such a divine glass of water in his life! Ren stared at the glass with wide eyes and a slightly opened mouth. Just as he was about to reach out and take a drink, a mass of light pink filled his vision as it collided with him, toppling him. At first, he instinctively tried to grab onto something to prevent his fall, which apparently was the edge of the table. It was a bad choice. The sheer weight of him alone was enough to cause the table to flip over, sending the glass of water flying in the process. Luckily the glass didn’t hit anyone but the floor. The contents, however, hit him directly in the face as he fell on his back. It was freaking refreshing!

He would have licked around his lips for remnants of water, but some kind of pink furred thing was feeling his face. On a closer inspection he saw a hand, a pink hand linked to a… Pegasus? “Mmph hmmphfftm.” He tried telling her it was all right, but her hand was still on a portion of his face, and mouth.

Hearing the sound of someone giggling made him shift his eyes over to see to another pony, asking if they needed help. Before replying back, Ren slowly and gently move the pink hand off his face. “Oh, no, I’m fine. Thanks for the offer, though.” Ren replied with a smile and got back onto his feet as water dripped off his hair and face. Shifting his gaze towards the pink Pegasus, Ren reached out for her hand and grasp it gently. “Rose was it? Let me help you up. I’m Ren. Ren Mizushima. Nice to meet you, the both of you.”

( ( ooc: sorry for the wait! ) )

Edited by ENN
  • Brohoof 2

@@Chip Circuit, @@J.R., "That's ok," Gemma said to the wolf, giving him a smile before he left. She thought he looked cute, but figured that he was obviously busy doing something. She glanced at her watch, but relaxed when she saw that she still had plenty of time before her shift began.

"I figure I can stand to carry on ignoring them, and being myself," she said. "After all, someone who spends their life trying to hurt other people's feelings, doesn't have much of a life to my mind."

Gemma finished her coffee, and decided to order another.

(edited)

@@Pripyat Pony, @,
JR nodded, "Good choice." He then refilled her cup, and and set the coffee pot back on its burner, "I--..." he noticed the scene unfold before him as the shark dude fell. With a blue blur, he was over there instantly, and set the table back up right. "Whew....too close. Is everyone ok?" He noticed the girls helping him and decided it was taken care of. He couldn't leave his work station unattended for too long either, so he simply picked up the cup, and took it behind the counter.

Moments later, he emerged from behind with another one full of water, and set it on the upright table, "Alright..." After retreating back to his work station, he spoke to the kitsune again, "Everything is--" Suddenly, his phone was ringing in his pocket (ringtone):

"Oh shoot--boss man!" He quickly tapped the answering app, "Uh...hello?" There was an incoherent grumbling on the other end. "N-no sir. Everything's just fine." A pause and then JR responded again, "Um...anything happen well.....n-no I wouldn't dare lie. It's just....a customer fell, but everything's ok." A longer pause occurred this time, until the grumbling was loud enough to comically force wind and blow JR's face, hair, and ears in the opposite direction, "Sir, I'm aware of the protocols and stuff. Trust me, everything's cool......ok? Alright...yeah I'm staying here overtime....no I'm not planning to go to the festival tomorrow and am gonna be here that day too." He rolled his eyes, and after a bit more conversation, he hung up his phone, "...Dammit...."

He realized he hadn't gone into private and that the kitsune was still standing there, "...Sorry you had to hear that. Hearing about a customer falling in the place really messes him up." He sighed, "At least I still have the scenery of happy customers," he said with a weak smile.

Edited by J.R.