Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

I feel like this movie is going to be massive in Asia

TheAnimatorOfficial

Wow, stereotyping much?

You say people in asia probably only like cutesy things, eventhough that's not true at all.

• Brohoof 4

Wasn't there a brony demographic sheet that said that not only was MLP popular in Europe but the slavic ethnic group of people like Lithuanians and Russians were rated as the number one fans of MLP?

I don't think that will be the case as Europe is pretty friendly towards MLP. I feel it will be pretty successful wherever it hits.

As an asian..... naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh

The shit that gets popular are those 1-off 'cute' mascots that have no depth to them whatsoever and mlp doesn't fall in that category. Like that duck thing or that bear thing. Minions also caught on quite quickly.

All of which i can't stand

There is literally no evidence whatsoever just yet that will point to the movie's success or failure. We will have to wait for more information to come out to make any kind of prediction that isn't just random guessing.

Zootopia was a success in China's box office and I think that the OP see's potential for MLP, but as western animation goes it's either a hit or miss for anything. I agree that it's too early for judgment calls and trends can die out or dwindle down by the time MLP opens.

If you were offended by what I said, I apologize. I don't intend to stereotype anyone. What I meant to say is that kids franchises like MLP are highly popular in Asia (this is a fact), such as Minions and Pokemon. MLP could fall into that category. 

It will likely bomb in Europe, but Asia is a whole other story. They love cute and quirky things over there. MLP definitely fits their interests.

hate to break it to you, but FIM is doing pretty crappy in Japan. Equestria girls is outperforming FIM there, and its not even doing that great there :P