gaming Why I think Rise of the Tomb Raider is better than Uncharted 4.

TheMarkz0ne

I am probably in the minority here since these days the infallible and godly metacritic knows all and people today go by review scores to buy their games, instead of word of mouth, fun factor or people feeling pressured to band wagon with others. First things first, Uncharted 4 is far from a bad game. I just think UC4 is the better than Uncharted 1 and maybe Uncharted 3.. But not better than Uncharted 2. I haven't beat Uncharted 4 yet because I am simply bored with the game. Nothing in Uncharted 4 truly gets exciting until you get to chapter 8 ad even after the point Naughty Dog played it safe. This feels like Nathan Drake's most tame, boring and sleep inducing adventure. Good thing I care about the characters or I wouldn't even have the game anymore. 

Uncharted 2 and 3 had so much set pieces and was paced to where I never wanted to stop playing the games. Back in college, I was so irresponsible and would do everything I could in Uncharted 2  and 3. I didn't feel that with UC4, UC4 felt like all it had to show were the visuals and no creative action choreography. The only great set piece in this game was the bike chase with Sam.....The thing we all saw at E3 2015. I figured ND was going to save their big guns for people who bought the game and I was wrong. 

I know ND wanted to have a more intricate story. I am fine with Sam Drake, he's not bad, I actually love seeing him and his brother together. But I am playing a GAME! Not a movie. I can't really give UC4 the pass. Tomb Raider 2013 and Rise to me handled the puzzles, action and drama all together in a nicely woven narrative. In Rise of the Tomb Raider I felt accomplished for exploring and killing Trinity mercs. Many people complained of Rise of TR and I don't know why. Uncharted and Tomb Raider are meant to have goofy and simplistic stories. 

I liked Uncharted 4 but I think I get what you mean, it does have few usual action scenes and stuff, but not as uch as a U2 or 3, what, as said, probably comes from the more storytelling.

Tough even touh with all the cutcenes it's still doesn't beat a Metal Gear Solid 4 :P

But I enjoyed and loved it and glad they made another one.

Also one thing I saw is that they have more riddles then in previous games, at least I think.

I also loved the TR 2013 game, but didn't played Rise of the TR yet, because I'm on PS4 and so have to wait still, so can't say much about that.

I liked Uncharted 4 but I think I get what you mean, it does have few usual action scenes and stuff, but not as uch as a U2 or 3, what, as said, probably comes from the more storytelling.

Tough even touh with all the cutcenes it's still doesn't beat a Metal Gear Solid 4 :P

But I enjoyed and loved it and glad they made another one.

Also one thing I saw is that they have more riddles then in previous games, at least I think.

I also loved the TR 2013 game, but didn't played Rise of the TR yet, because I'm on PS4 and so have to wait still, so can't say much about that.

Uncharted 4 didn't "wow" me though.The only parts I can play over and over again, are the bike escape with Sam and the final boss fight with Rafe jealous over Nate's success in his previous adventures. I know UC 1 2 and 3 had mediocre 2 dimensional villains. Uncharted 3 tried something different with Katherine Marlowe, but Marlowe was hardly in UC3. 

I wasn't getting that feeling like the Train level or surviving a plane crash. Uncharted is meant to be unrealistic and absurd and I felt Naughty Dog missed an chance to really show the power of the PS4. I think they minimized the action scenes in exchange for the graphical processing power. Last of US looks amazing. Why? Because it doesn't have the set pieces like Uncharted does. With a set piece you're using more storage for the game and using more particle effects(explosions) which will cost the devs more to make. 

Get Tomb Raider dude. I even want to play it on my PC again. Microsoft and Square really ruined Crystal Dynamics. Microsoft for the timed exclusive greed and Square Enix having the balls to even think ANY game could outsell Fallout 4. 

Uncharted 4 is throwing Nathan,

now a married man who settled down,

back into the grind. That could possibly be why you're finding it boring, but I really don't know, because I have yet to get my hands on a copy of the game.

I also don't know anything about the recent Tomb Raider games, in fact I haven't played a Tomb Raider game ever since The Last Revelation, which was on PSX, so I have nothing to say about that. 

I did state this in a status update some months ago, and it may be true as to why you think that.

post-18640-0-54126200-1463588701.png

• 5 years later...