Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Weird Feelings

Grtxkkyz

(edited)

Call me crazy,but have you ever had a weird feeling with MLP???.For example,that group picture at the end of Dragon Quest makes me want to hear The Circle of Life from The Lion King.

Edited by Dino-Mario

With the show, not really. But now because of the songs sometimes when i hear someone say certain things songs from the show fly into my brain, and i kinda cringe when they don't sing :P (For example: Someone at my school said Welcome Welcome Welcome (won't explain why he said it, but it wasn't a reference to anything) and i thought he was going to sing. Sadly, it was not to be :( )

It's called... well, I'll let your parents talk it over with you.

That "weird feeling".

post-2915-0-26493800-1335925229.jpg

(edited)

This topic is so vague that I have nothing to go on. So... no.

The only feeling I get watching MLP is unfiltered awesomeness and puking rainbows, nothing else cuts it.

Edited by Whiteshade

I must admit, when I hear the dramatic bridge of the Show's songs (ex: Twilight's Winter Wrap Up solo), they spark this "weird" emotion in me... I'm not sad, yet I'm almost brought to tears by the song... Strange indeed.

(edited)

watching it used to give me this weird awkward feeling but its gone now, i guess now that im more comfortable with the show. YA BUTTERFLY

Edited by jarrod989

I do feel a strange sense of nostalgia; some of the greatest moments from the show, such as the "Smile" song, reminded me of the feeling I get when watching the best of the Disney Renaissance films. And ya know, that's one of the many things I just absolutely love about the show!!! :wub:

MLP, never. In fact the only show I can think of I make weird connections to would have to be whenever I watch the old, campy batman cartoon I can't stop thinking of Reese's Pieces for some reason-and vice-versa.

Twilight's BBBFF song really got to me. I have a BBBFF, so I knew just what she was feeling. I got all choked up, but in a good way. If that makes sense! Sooner or later I'm going to sing the song to my brother and see what he says!

:P

MLP, never. In fact the only show I can think of I make weird connections to would have to be whenever I watch the old, campy batman cartoon I can't stop thinking of Reese's Pieces for some reason-and vice-versa.

I just watched "ET" for the first time in years the other day. Now I want some Reese's Pieces!

There was one scene with Reese's pieces. ONE SCENE!!! Yet that seems to be the only thing in the entire movie that anypony remembers from that boring, uneventful movie! Why is that?!?!? ....wait, I think I just answered my own question.

Seriously man, you gotta get me cravin' candy when we just ran out? Do you enjoy making me suffer? You disgust me.

I don't feel many emotions when watching MLP. Though that may be because I try to hide many of emotions from the rest of the world, so the fact that I even care for it this much is odd.

The feeling of nostalgia isn't that odd. A lot of the big songs from the show are pastiches of broadway showtunes. The ones I notice tend to be Sondheim, but I'm sure they're not the only ones. Plus Daniel Ingram is an accomplished composer, so provoking an emotional response is something he's striving for.

I was listening to some of the songs last night, and I hadn't noticed how uplifting Winter Wrap Up is before.

Whenever I hear them singing, or hear the theme playing, I just feel a tingling all over my body. It's weird, but it's almost as if I feel...enlightened. Not to mention I have had a weird feeling in the pit of my stomach for over a month now, like something related to ponies will happen someday but I have no clue where or when(as in, someday they visit Earth or something like that).

There was one scene with Reese's pieces. ONE SCENE!!! Yet that seems to be the only thing in the entire movie that anypony remembers from that boring, uneventful movie! Why is that?!?!? ....wait, I think I just answered my own question.

Seriously man, you gotta get me cravin' candy when we just ran out? Do you enjoy making me suffer? You disgust me.

Go back and show me in my post where I said that's all I remember about the movie. Just because you didn't like it doesn't mean you have the right to belittle me. It's one of my favorites. I hadn't seen it in years, but I loved it just as much now as I did when I first saw it. Your lame attempt at humor doesn't cancel out the nasty negative tone of your post. I disgust you? Go choke on some candy.

I enjoyed the songs plenty, and I do get nostalgic, intense feelings for songs a lot, but I haven't thus far with any of MLP's.

When I watch an episode for the first time I get this almost euphoric feeling of joy and excitement that lasts throughout the entire episode and usually causes me to have a smile on my face nearly the entire time and often causes me to laugh out loud at even the smallest jokes. If there is a song, Celestia help me, I'm almost jumping with joy. Yes, it's seems quite weird, considering I've never felt such happiness from any other show. I have to watch each episode multiple times before I can really absorb everything that's going on because, with the initial excitement of watching a new episode, I tend to miss a lot of stuff.

• Brohoof 1

When I watch an episode for the first time I get this almost euphoric feeling of joy and excitement that lasts throughout the entire episode and usually causes me to have a smile on my face nearly the entire time and often causes me to laugh out loud at even the smallest jokes. If there is a song, Celestia help me, I'm almost jumping with joy. Yes, it's seems quite weird, considering I've never felt such happiness from any other show. I have to watch each episode multiple times before I can really absorb everything that's going on because, with the initial excitement of watching a new episode, I tend to miss a lot of stuff.

In a nutshell, THIS. You've pretty much summarized why I consider MLP:FIM worth so much of my time. Very few things are worth my time, and yet I enjoy a kids show featuring candy coloured talking miniature ponies so very much more than ANYTHING ELSE on TV.