Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Hello

Corgis

My Favourite Mane 6 Pony: Rainbow Dash

How did you find MLP Forums?:

How you became a fan of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic:

I am a Canadian who has a variety of strange hobbies which are probably less common then liking MLP considering my age.  I do model railroading, currency collecting, antiquing, film photography and have a very strong interest in history.  

I used to participate in Steam forums a lot but I am now getting sick of all of the flame wars and little kids who post really silly things.  I am also getting really tired of seeing all the MLP hate which is slowly making me more and more angered every time I see somebody call Bronies autistic or saying that all of them need to die.

I currently work nigh shifts so I do get a bit lonely sometimes considering that I rarely see my friends much who I had spent 4 years with.  I hope that I can meat some new people here and have some interesting discussions.

I also like to write so I might end up posting a fanfic.  I have a whole story planned out so I just need to build up the confidence to do it and try to ignore the fact that I am writing something which is based  on a show mostly for little girls.

Well the how I got to like MLP part got deleted so here it is:

I used to really hate on Bronies and thought that all of them were nuts or just trolls.  I even laughed at my uncle when he said he watched MLP a bit with his daughter.  I had such a strong dislike for the show that I ignored every positive thing other people said about it.  My brother said that the show had stuff like character development and lots of references so it was not all that weird that people like it.  Still I just posted hate comments towards Bronies without much thought.  

One day I just gave in and decided that I would see if the show was actually good or if the whole Brony thing was just a troll.  I started off with the season 5 finale and once I got over the voice acting I was hooked.  The WWII parody scene really got me since I have a really strong interest in WWII.  I watched some more episodes from season 4/5 and slowly came to the conclusion that I love the show!

I then decided that I would start from season 1 and see the whole thing.  I was extremely worried about my parents finding out since they have a very negative view on Bronies due to media exposure.  I watched the show on the kids account (in case my parents checked my account), put the volume on minimum and watched the show with English subtitles.

Eventually I decided to tell my parents because the whole situation was stressing me out and they did not really care in the end.  My brother even said that he was also a secret Brony.  

• Brohoof 4

Hello, @@Corgis

Welcome aboard to MLP Forums! My name is Venomous and it's lovely to meet you. I hope that you enjoy your stay with us. Also, I adore your username and avatar <3

• Brohoof 2

WELCOME TO FORUMS!!!

sig-4584010.sig-4583001.sig-4582896.sig-

Hello there my friend. Its nice to meet you. We are very happy to see you in the forums. I am sure you ll love here and there are lots of pony friends impatiently waiting to meet with you. If you wish to ask anything, you can always send PM. See you around   :D  '''

• Brohoof 2

sig-4583639.sig-4581004.sig-4579253.sig-

Corgis welcome to the MLP Forums! This is a great community and I hope you'll enjoy your time here. If you need help or just want to chat, feel free to PM me.             :twi:

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Welcome fellow brony!

If you have any questions about anything on the site I will do my best to answer, just shoot me a pm. :3

If you have any oc's or art requests in general, keep me in mind. I do them for free! So as long as you're ok with traditional art, shoot me a pm if you need anything. ANYTHING.

And if you have any questions about how to pm... mention me in a reply right here like this: @BabylonSister and I will respond as soon as I can

Also, you seem like a really cool dude, you share a lot of I interests with my friend The Down Trotten. You should pm him about fan fiction things since he loves writing and wrote one and half a sequel. He's into history too and has a bunch of peculiar interests (in a good way.) I just think you guys would really get along. Even though I feel weird about telling you to go be friends with him I'd regret it if I didn't. :P

With that, I bid you adieu.

Have a lovely day! :D

Edited by BabylonSister
  • Brohoof 3

(edited)

Yeah, the How you get to like MLP part likes to disappear. It happened to me as well. And I've put so much effort into putting a wall of text in here.  :okiedokieloki:

Hello!

That's a nice story actually ~ This show, like nothing else can easily turn haters into ponylovers ~ this is suspicious!  :-P

I honestly would never guess I'll be watching this myself (considering my gender and age, duh!), but the curse caught me as well. No escape.   :adorkable:

My younger brother is also a brony... and that's my work. :D That's not my fault he caught me watching this. I was defending myself and spread the curse further apparently.  :-P

Welcome to the herd!  ^_^

Edited by Rikifive
  • Brohoof 3

It's been 6 days since I joined up here and I must say I'm impressed.  I don't think I've ever seen such a nice group of people on the internet before.  

Just a few general questions though.  How does the role play stuff work?  Do I just ask to join in or should I sign up anywhere?  As for friends do you just add people or should I PM them first?

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

For friending; whichever youre more comfortable with.

As far as the role play, ive been on here for a few years and am still too intimidated to join alone.

You might find, on the well structured ones, that the ooc conversation has guidelines or rules on how to join.

I hope this helps! ^-^

Edited by BabylonSister
  • Brohoof 2

I've never toyed with RP's so can't tell, but as for friends ~ it depends on particular individuals.

Some ponies just like filling up their friend list to be informed about them posting status updates and such, where some ponies prefer talking first, because they don't like random friends on list.  :twi:

I don't mind having random friends (let's just spread the Magic of Friendship! ^^), so I'm accepting these random requests. That's also because I'd feel sad for disappointing somepony and not accepting it...  :(

However, I don't tend to send these myself, because I know, that some ponies may feel uncomfortable when getting a request from somepony they haven't talked to or don't even know. :rarity: 

That's at least how I feel when I'm getting them. I love spreading happiness, so denying request would be definitely against my personality.. I just can't refuse...  :adorkable:

• Brohoof 2

• 2 weeks later...