Starting to make an OC

Foxy Socks

Hello! I have decided to create my own oc/ponysona. It's not for anything specific like a roleplay, though they may be used in one if I decide to.

I don't have a lot to show. I have a basic sketch of them. (Or rather just their head detached from the body, no color, shading, or really a final draft/cleanup).

post-36168-0-53219900-1469591797_thumb.jpg

Not that great, but that was a basic sketch. I am making them a green coat, red or orange and white mane and tail pegasus with black hooves. I intend to give them fox-like qualities as they love foxes, but not enough to make them something like a fox pony. :P I don't have a set cutie mark uet, but probably something to do with foxes.

Their personality is energetic, kind, smart, foxloke, etc, still working on that. Basically they love foxes.

I also am curious on how to make digital art. Unfortunately I don't have a scanner or drawing tablet, just a phone and computer.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

why did i think that was a tattoo and that line at the top was a necklace (at first anyway >.>)  :wat:  

that looks pretty good though! :3

Edited by KrazyDashie
  • Brohoof 1

post-15132-0-19586800-1427239759.jpg

20% cooler in 10 seconds flat

@

Lookin cute! For digital art, it depends on the person. I myself use a tablet for some things but stick to the trusty ol' mouse in MS paint for ponies. You can always request someone to draw you something - plenty of folks on here are hella talented. Also, you can always just draw traditionally and take a sweet pic! That's great too.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

@

Lookin cute! For digital art, it depends on the person. I myself use a tablet for some things but stick to the trusty ol' mouse in MS paint for ponies. You can always request someone to draw you something - plenty of folks on here are hella talented. Also, you can always just draw traditionally and take a sweet pic! That's great too.

why did i think that was a tattoo and that line at the top was a necklace (at first anyway >.>)  :wat:  

that looks pretty good though! :3

Thank you both! I guess I can find a way to do digital maybe. xD Of course I will practice traditional too!

Edit: I drew one that looks a little better, now the entire oc. I added her black hooves and legs like a fox, which is one of her main features (also having to do with what I named her).

post-36168-0-85729700-1469649773_thumb.jpg

I named her "Foxy Socks." :P

Edited by Namae

(edited)

Aww she's so cute! :wub: Great job! 

Thank you! I hope to get her digital to color soon!

Edit: I traced and colored the drawing digitally on my phone. Not much, I just used the fill tool to get a basic image of her. Nothing shaded or detailed yet.

post-36168-0-02305700-1469668847_thumb.jpg

It's not that great. And no cutie mark. But here is Foxy Socks! :)

Edited by Namae
  • Brohoof 1

Your OC is so cute. I like her fox based design, and you got a nice concept. Your traditional art is very nice, but if you wish, I can digitalize it/ draw it/ base edit

• Brohoof 1

img-37231-1-img-37231-1-img-37231-1-img-

'Make me your Queen'

Sig by Wheatley

(edited)

Your OC is so cute. I like her fox based design, and you got a nice concept. Your traditional art is very nice, but if you wish, I can digitalize it/ draw it/ base edit

Thanks, though I need to draw another one :P

I am even worse at making her digital xD This one looks terrible. It was all done on my phone. I changed her eye color too.

post-36168-0-47598700-1470092155_thumb.png

Her talent abviously has something to do with foxes. I don't want to be unoriginal and just put a fox for it though xD

Edited by Namae
  • Brohoof 1

Thanks, though I need to draw another one :P

I am even worse at making her digital xD This one looks terrible. It was all done on my phone.

Her talent abviously has something to do with foxes. I don't want to be unoriginal and just put a fox for it though xD

Maybe you can add a subtle fox reference for her cutie mark. Maybe find out her talent first though...

Your sketch isn't that bad...

img-37231-1-img-37231-1-img-37231-1-img-

'Make me your Queen'

Sig by Wheatley

• 6 months later...