Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Fantasy of the movie

Steel Accord

So I am really excited about the movie, seeing something so profoundly life changing for me up on the big screen. Specifically, I'm looking to seeing the Mane Six tested in a way they never have been before. Perhaps I'm setting myself up for disappointment but after the community has given me a gift in the form of these songs . . .

. . . I can't help but picture my heroes actually doing something that will be a struggle for them and overcoming it in spectacular fashion.

So let me ask you guys this, what are the stakes of the movie, the scale? I mean by the very nature that it is "the big damn movie" I would hope they wouldn't just make a two hour long episode. What do you guys think, or know (without spoiling), about how "big" the events of the film will be?

I'd say another huge hint of this movie being far more epic in scale is the possibility of it being the grand finale of FiM itself. I still hope that it isn't the end of FiM, but if it is, that could very well be a huge reason to go out with a bang. I don't have any proper guesses on what the film will be like as I know almost nothing about it, but I'd say the odds of them going to epic scale is very high. I personally would love to see a huge one-on-one confrontation between two characters, with at least PG levels of violence, to increase the suspense and heighten the moment.

Don't be ridiculous, it won't be a two hour episode of MLP FIM, it will only be a 90 minute episode.

But to be perfectly honest, I am not expecting this movie to be any sort of life changing event.

I have seen at least on this site, a lot of unrealistic expectations going around about how it could be some sort of life changing event or some kind of revolution for animated films.

And I have been trying to keep my own expectations for this film in check so I don't get majorly disappointed.

I am expecting a cute movie about characters I like going on a somewhat larger scale adventure than the go on in the two part finales and premieres.

With that in mind, I am probably going to enjoy it, but I don't see it being the best film or the year, or even the best animated film of the year, when the same people who made the Secret of Kells and Song of the Sea have a movie called the Breadwinner being released this year.

But what I really would like to see in the film would be some more worldbuilding and seeing what exists outside of Equestria, and maybe finally seeing Starswirl in person.

Edited by cmarston1

I have seen at least on this site, a lot of unrealistic expectations going around about how it could be some sort of life changing event or some kind of revolution for animated films.

That's not what I'm looking for at all.

I am expecting a cute movie about characters I like going on a somewhat larger scale adventure than the go on in the two part finales and premieres.

That's all I am hoping for. Just something bigger than the two parters. 

• Brohoof 1