Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Snips and Snails

Tupin86

Why do so many people seem to not like these two? Is it their voices, their design, or something else? They've always kind of been my favorite comic relief characters and I can't help but help wonder why people dislike them so much. Sometimes I see more people dislike them as much Diamond Tiara or Silver Spoon, which is a lot for characters that have had speaking roles in like four episodes.

• Brohoof 2

well personally... I hate them because they're lame yet have more time in the show than any other male pony... If they were just a little clumsy like Derpy it would be fine, but no... They have to take their lameness to a whole new level

That said, I don't mind that they're there or hate them at all

• Brohoof 2

well personally... I hate them because they're lame yet have more time in the show than any other male pony... If they were just a little clumsy like Derpy it would be fine, but no... They have to take their lameness to a whole new level

That said, I don't mind that they're there or hate them at all

I think Hollowshield nail'd it.

I don't hate them. I just think

they're (a bit) lame yet have more time in the show than any other male pony...

That's actually true and I don't think it's really fair, but I don't hate them. I just don't 'love' them ^^

There are number of reasons why I don't like them, for one they aren't very likeable and are rather dull looking and dimwitted, and if that wasn't enough, they worshipped Trixie, and I don't like Trixie, so I don't like them. ;)

Their fault Trixie was almost killed and the rest of Ponyville they should of left the town instead of getting those wicked 'staches

• Brohoof 2

probably becuase they where designed to support little girls hating males. the whole point of these 2 is to show that males are clumsy and useless. in a nutshell that is.

(edited)

There is no reason for Snips and Snails to be in the series. There are so few males, so Hasbro or somebody decided to throw in a couple with serious mental deficiencies. Derpy is clumsy but oh so lovable, adorable and cute. Those two are mind numbingly stupid and extremely annoying to boot! I think they're supposed to be stoners or something. I do not understand why parents objected to Derpy, but are fine with brain damaged pony asses that through their stupidity nearly killed everypony in Ponyville. They're the Beavis and Butthead of Equestria. (God, I hated that cartoon!)

Edited by cuteycindyhoney
  • Brohoof 5

Hell, it must be the personality since it does appear almost interchangeable between the both of them. That said I don't think there is a genuine hate for them just a strong dislike.

I don't generally dislike them, but I was just a bit ticked off that, aside from Spike and Big Mac, they were the first male characters, and the first male ponies, to show up in the whole show, and have probably gotten more screen time (and most certainly dialogue) than any other pony aside from Big Mac since their first showing. So it's not so much them as it is the show just not featuring more prominent, and actually competent, male ponies that ticks me off. C'mon Hasbro, us guys gotta represent just a little more in MLP!!! :P

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

They're annoying, visually and character-wise, they're flat, and they don't even look like ponies, at least the other ponies resemble real life ponies somewhat, snip and snails don't resemble equine at all.

There is no reason for Snips and Snails to be in the series. There are so few males, so Hasbro or somebody decided to throw in a couple with serious mental deficiencies. Derpy is clumsy but oh so lovable, adorable and cute. Those two are mind numbingly stupid and extremely annoying to boot! I think they're supposed to be stoners or something. I do not understand why parents objected to Derpy, but are fine with brain damaged pony asses that through their stupidity nearly killed everypony in Ponyville. They're the Beavis and Butthead of Equestria. (God, I hated that cartoon!)

THIS, derpy is considered offensive but fucking snip and snails blatant retardation isn't?

Posted Image

And ya, they remind me of Beavis And Butthead, I hate characters like that and I even further hate that such characters exist in MLP:FIM. Ugg.....

I know hate is a strong word but... I hate these two.

Posted Image

Edited by Pegasus25
  • Brohoof 2

Of course, one of the things the show is known for is for having its characters with diverse, fluid, understandable, and above all, likeable personalities. Unfortunately though, it has it's share of characters who lack this; and if there's any that I know of, it's probably those two.

I mean, I don't hate them, but I definitely understand where you guys are coming from. They could've been banned for the same reason Derpy was ( ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) SOCCER MOMS, Y U NO LESS IGNORANT?), yet since they have, and at this point will, get more lines than Derpy in the future (well, not as much screentime, since they aren't background characters).

But in general, I'd say I don't hate them, I appreciate them as comic relief characters, and can be pretty funny at times (like in "Ponyville Confidential").

because They're the only mare characters it the show who frequently have lines. This wouldn't be a problem if they weren't... well... screwups.

I'm pretty sure that 87% of the Ponyville residents are mares and have lines.... you probably meant Male xD

What really annoys me about these 2 was that they were blatant Trixie fans and almost got everypony killed trying to prove how "awesome" Trixie was. Then there is the fact that they are just so stupid its not even funny and got left alone when Derpy was removed for being "offensive" when its obvious they have some sort of mental defect.
  • Brohoof 2

What really annoys me about these 2 was that they were blatant Trixie fans and almost got everypony killed trying to prove how "awesome" Trixie was. Then there is the fact that they are just so stupid its not even funny and got left alone when Derpy was removed for being "offensive" when its obvious they have some sort of mental defect.

Ya they brought a fucking ursa minor into ponyville for trixie to kill, risking the brutal slaughter of every pony in ponyville. Why the hell are they not facing severe punishment such as prison? How old are they anyway? They were in ponyvillle confidential at the kindergarten if I recall, so are they fillies? If so, then I can see why they wouldn't have been punished.

• Brohoof 1

I have things like Pinkie for comic relief. I don't need two obnoxious brain-deads who got on my bad side when they supported Lady Bitch-alot back in Season 1 :3

Seriously though, they just annoy me. They may be there for comic relief, but unlike Pinkie, they don't do it right. IMO.

• Brohoof 2