Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

A Fanmade Year Counting System

Medievilfan17

I have created a year counting system: ANB! (After Nightmare's Banishment) and BNB, or Before Nightmare's Banishment. Basically you count years starting from Nightmare Moon's banishment. The pilot episode would take place 1000 ANB, Seasons 4 - 6 would take place in 1001 ANB, and season 7 could take place in 1002. (Assuming 3 seasons of fim equals a year in the show) The Mane 6 were born sometime around 980 - 985 ANB. Granny Smith could of been born sometime before 935 ANB, meaning Ponyville was founded when Granny Smith was 15 - 25 years old. The CMC were born sometime around 993 - 995 ANB, The flashbacks to before Luna become Nightmare Moon in the Season 4 premiere took place 5 - 1 BNB etc. So what do you all think? P.S: The dates I provided are assuming ponies age at the same rate as humans do. (If you use this year counting system credit me!)

i wish the show gave us a bit more to work with...like, i have no idea how old a teenage or adult pony is.  

however, a time system should maybe not be BASED around a really negative event.  sure, its something far in the past that is a big landmark...
but it conjures bad memories.  

Luna's return would be a cool moment....if it was like 1000 years ago.  

• Brohoof 1

i wish the show gave us a bit more to work with...like, i have no idea how old a teenage or adult pony is.  

however, a time system should maybe not be BASED around a really negative event.  sure, its something far in the past that is a big landmark...

but it conjures bad memories.  

Luna's return would be a cool moment....if it was like 1000 years ago.  

Unless we know exactly when a very positive event happened in the past, we kinda have to use Nightmare Moon's banishment as a base...

Unless we know exactly when a very positive event happened in the past, we kinda have to use Nightmare Moon's banishment as a base...

When Equestria was founded would be a great event to base a year counting system, but WHEN did it happen? We don't know yet...

• Brohoof 1

I think of years being counted as "celestial years of peace" I believe I heard that somewhere in the show. Each summer sun celebration marks another year, and theoretically takes place on June 21st (I don't care that some people say 20th and others 22nd, logically the middle is the best place for it).

the first episode takes place in 999 CYP, right at the end, and continues to somewhere around 1002 or 1003 I think, based on how many times nightmare night and hearth's warming have happened etc.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I think of years being counted as "celestial years of peace" I believe I heard that somewhere in the show. Each summer sun celebration marks another year, and theoretically takes place on June 21st (I don't care that some people say 20th and others 22nd, logically the middle is the best place for it).

the first episode takes place in 999 CYP, right at the end, and continues to somewhere around 1002 or 1003 I think, based on how many times nightmare night and hearth's warming have happened etc.

That is alot better than ANB! Thank you! Also Hearth's Warming happened twice in the show, so the current year in Equestria is 1001 CYP!

Edited by FuturisticEggThief
  • Brohoof 1