Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Once again I come out of Gamestop with one hell of a haul

Discordian

I went to Gamestop today to get Sonic Generations (my preorder) and a couple other things. I walked out having only spent $110 on the following:

Sonic Generations (PS3)

Shadow Hearts: Covenant (PS2)

3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3)

The Darkness (PS3)

Hunted: The Demon's Forge (PS3)

$20 PSN Card

Renewed Rewards Card

Thank you, Buy 2 Get 1 Free sales. :D

Bloody hell, that sure is a good deal. Over here in Australia you probably couldn't buy half of those games for that price, even if they were on special. I know that The Demon's Forge is still a good $55 here.

Whenever I walk into a store intending to buy something, usually I end up walking out with nothing, remembering that I've got overdue rent to pay. :P

Edited by Swoop

I got in a bit of trouble for spending like $40 more than I originally intended because the money was supposed to be for bills so now I have to not buy anything until after Christmas. lol

I really do need to work on my frugality, I suck at it big time.

Your List... Stachified!

I went to Gamestop today to get Sonic Generations (my preorder) and a couple other things. I walked out having only spent $110 on the following:

Sonic Generations (PS3)

Shadow Hearts: Covenant (PS2)

3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3)

The Darkness (PS3)

Hunted: The Demon's Forge (PS3)

$20 PSN Card

Renewed Rewards Card

Thank you, Buy 2 Get 1 Free sales. :D

Bold = I Agree

Slash = Disagree

Italic = I Haven't Played Yet

Blank = No comment

I never played Hunted Demon's Forge but I've heard the description, "An RPG for the Gears of War Age!"?

I do like Gears of War, but whenever someone else tries to copy Epic's famed cover based action they often fail... terribly, plus I'm sure it would work even more awful in an RPG scenario!

We'll all still have our own unique opinions here, but here's mine!

Still for what it's worth you got a great deal!

Okay, I've played some Hunted: The Demon's Forge. It actually works pretty well (though I've never played Gears of War) and it makes me think of Gauntlet Legends rather than an RPG. It's a weird feeling playing this game.

You play as two characters, a human man and an elf woman, each have two weapons: Melee and long range. You can switch between the two at Obelisks (not freely, unfortunately) and they each do some things differently. The elf, named E'lara, can light her arrows on fire from her bow and light torches and such while the man, Caddoc, has brute strength to move some pillars and blocks. You can only hold one of each kind of weapon (so far as I can tell) and when you find a weapon (or shield) on the ground you pick it up and it replaces what you have in hand. Right now I'm using an enchanted axe (that lost it's enchantment pretty quickly lol)

Overall it's a fun game so far with great locales but I haven't really delved into it deeply yet.